The bookies think it's more likely for Ryan Hall to win by strikes than Alexander Gustafsson!

I'm trying to think about this logically and not get emotionally invested.

I could have sworn that Kevin Lee had improved exponentially and would destroy Iaquinta. I also thought the same for Curtis Blaydes over Francis Ngannou. Now if you looked at form and their resumes on paper, you would think that the losers of the first bout would win the rematch, but I was wrong on both occasions. I think something is to be said for the whole "the first match went that way for a reason" theory, sometimes the styles just don't match. Alex has been chasing him for years, came so close the first time around, and stylisitically will take away many of Jon's weapons.

Alex has not been outwrestled by Jones or Cormier, let that sink in, that is CRAZY! He just needs to put it all together, cardio and technique in one, and I think he needs to try to hurt Jones more this time, throw harder shots in the pocket and try to put him away.

Jones has the reasoning that he's preparing better this time etc. but with all this backlash and knowing his fragile mindstate when it comes to criticism of his character, he may just crumble. That said, he's the coldest motherfucker we've ever seen inside the 8 walls, he's a scary man.

Except you know Iaquinta and Ngannou won the first fights and Gus didnt.

That literally fucks up your entire argument

Now that is clear and out in the open about Jon Jones steroid use and the UFC allowing it betting against Jon would be stupid.
Turinabol gives athletes a huge advantage over fighters who get tested fairly and held accountable by commisions.
Jon Jones is a blatant cheater and its really weird UFC is banking their credibility on smoke show scams like this event.

My impression of Ryan Hall was that he just wanted to win TUF/have some MMA fight to market future grappling seminars and classes.
Terrible standup and ground game not very well suited for MMA. Has he evolved? Last time I saw him fight it was... weird
Him winning by strikes would only happen against somebody who should not be sanctioned to fight unless he has improved a lot since last I saw.

Ryan Hall is the Cody McKenzie of the 50/50 leg entanglement position.

Yeah, it was one of the most bizarre fights I have ever seen. He couldn't really keep the fight on the ground, so he just kept throwing the same kick over and over, and oddly enough, it landed enough to get him the W. lol
Well, he was the only one doing something.

All Maynard did was mean mug and eat foot.

Next PPV will have Rogan screaming "Ryan Hall is for real!!!"

DC will be screaming "Thug Hall! Thug Hall! Thug Hall!"

BJ will be screaming "I guess I'm fighting CM Punk next!"

My point that I'm trying to make is that Brazilian Jiu Jitsu elites mean zero in MMA unless it translates.

I watched Neiman Gracie the other week against Ed Ruth, the guy looked okay on the feet, wasn't being outclassed. Gets the fight into his world and it's another level, likewise with Vinny Magalhaes.
Exactly. 4 out of his 7 fights were wins by sub or tkos.. so it does translate. Bj has been finished in that fashion. Thank you for noticing.

The bookies are wrong half the time. I put not much into what bookies say.
arent bookies the ones that had Till a favorite over Woodley? Also Ortego over Holloway?
Bookies has Joanna a favorite over Rose in the rematch.
Yeah bookies are only hype train riders.
Bookies only follow where the money is coming from the public, but they are right most of the time

My impression of Ryan Hall was that he just wanted to win TUF/have some MMA fight to market future grappling seminars and classes.
Terrible standup and ground game not very well suited for MMA. Has he evolved? Last time I saw him fight it was... weird
Him winning by strikes would only happen against somebody who should not be sanctioned to fight unless he has improved a lot since last I saw.
U don't think taking him to the ground and punching an exhausted bj can't happen?

Bookies place the odds so they get action on both sides. Its not a prediction

U don't think taking him to the ground and punching an exhausted bj can't happen?
I guess, but then one can also ask the question: should BJ be licensed to fight? I mean, sanctioned to fight, ok. Matched up with somebody on the UFC roster? I don't think so
On the other hand, CM Punk is on the roster. Also it is very common in prize fighting with squash matches to build promising prospects. So whatever.

Last edited:
Yeah, it was one of the most bizarre fights I have ever seen. He couldn't really keep the fight on the ground, so he just kept throwing the same kick over and over, and oddly enough, it landed enough to get him the W. lol
That’s kindve all of his fights go like, spam the same kick, pull guard, but scoot towards opponent if that fails, spam same kick

Except you know Iaquinta and Ngannou won the first fights and Gus didnt.

That literally fucks up your entire argument
Gustafsson lost by a hair, Kevin Lee, Curtis Blaydes aren't exactly Jon Jones.

Back