The bookies think it's more likely for Ryan Hall to win by strikes than Alexander Gustafsson!

VenomCarnage

R.I.P. FRANKIENYC
@Brown
Reaction score
I personally find this insane.

Even if you think Jon Jones will definitely win, I find it insane that the bookies have Alex at 9/1 to win by stoppage due to strikes. You can get 7/1 if you throw the submission in there too, but I'm doubtful that will happen.

Gustafsson almost beat Jones last time, lit him up like a Christmas tree at times. I don't think Alex has the god-given power to knock Jon out, but who knows, they are big lads and Alex is pretty much exclusively a boxer.

Ryan Hall more likely to win via strikes, yeah right! Lol.

upload_2018-12-25_16-4-19.png

haha, didnt he win his last fight by spamming wheel kicks or some shit?

I think it should be read differently.
The bookies think it's more likely for the shell of BJ Penn to lose by strikes than Jon Jones!
Yeah, makes more sense now
<mma4>

I have a feeling jones is going to lose.

Last edited:
Ryan Hall? Hahahaha.

Yeah, it was one of the most bizarre fights I have ever seen. He couldn't really keep the fight on the ground, so he just kept throwing the same kick over and over, and oddly enough, it landed enough to get him the W. lol

I think it should be read differently.
Yeah, makes more sense now
<mma4>
Dennis Siver, a former mid level kickboxing talent, was dropped and hurt by Penn, just point fought him.

If Dennis Siver can't finish Penn, then Ryan Hall doesn't stand a chance. Now if Ryan gets him down then he could sub him, but I don't see a TKO.

I get that same feeling my friend, it's just a feeling in the gut.

The first fight was super close, now Jones is off the juice (HOPEFULLY) and is dealing with so much additional stress.

I smell an upset, but hey that’s just my opinion :p

BJ is one of the worst fighters in the world at the moment though. Not the same man he used to be

haha, didnt he win his last fight by spamming wheel kicks or some shit?
Yeah, hook kicks, no spin though. He'd been working with Wonderboy (don't know if he still is, probably). Not gonna be knocking any people out soon, but it really helps his side stance, cuz he fires off very slap-style distance kicks when out of range, rounds, sidekicks, and hooks, like Superfoot Bill Wallace. Suits his defense against guys who don't want to get close to his insane grappling.

Dennis Siver, a former mid level kickboxing talent, was dropped and hurt by Penn, just point fought him.

If Dennis Siver can't finish Penn, then Ryan Hall doesn't stand a chance. Now if Ryan gets him down then he could sub him, but I don't see a TKO.
ryan hall is not fucking submitting bj penn lmao

Well ryan hall is not fighting arguably the greatest fighter of all time that wasnt even in danger of being stopped in his whole career so that seems like a fair deal.

The first fight was super close, now Jones is off the juice (HOPEFULLY) and is dealing with so much additional stress.

I smell an upset, but hey that’s just my opinion :p
I'm trying to think about this logically and not get emotionally invested.

I could have sworn that Kevin Lee had improved exponentially and would destroy Iaquinta. I also thought the same for Curtis Blaydes over Francis Ngannou. Now if you looked at form and their resumes on paper, you would think that the losers of the first bout would win the rematch, but I was wrong on both occasions. I think something is to be said for the whole "the first match went that way for a reason" theory, sometimes the styles just don't match. Alex has been chasing him for years, came so close the first time around, and stylisitically will take away many of Jon's weapons.

Alex has not been outwrestled by Jones or Cormier, let that sink in, that is CRAZY! He just needs to put it all together, cardio and technique in one, and I think he needs to try to hurt Jones more this time, throw harder shots in the pocket and try to put him away.

Jones has the reasoning that he's preparing better this time etc. but with all this backlash and knowing his fragile mindstate when it comes to criticism of his character, he may just crumble. That said, he's the coldest motherfucker we've ever seen inside the 8 walls, he's a scary man.

U don't think it's possible hall takes him down and gnps him like Hughes? Hall IS a grappler

U don't think it's possible hall takes him down and gnps him like Hughes? Hall IS a grappler
Hall couldn't stop Artem Lobov on the ground, and Artem looks like he's never grappled in his life.

Hall couldn't stop Artem Lobov on the ground, and Artem looks like he's never grappled in his life.
Bj Penn is mentally not there anymore. Jon Jones is currently the best fighter in the world

Back