The birth of Darth Cowboy

Because paleolithic, tribal furries soundly defeating an Imperial Legion is a major plot stretch.
I agree that they should have at least had blasters or a better weapon of some kind to make it more believable.

Or had some random guy plucked from the hotel earlier who he'd have answer the questions for him (after whispering in his ear).

This fight reeks of conor needing to get his confidence back and cerrone wanting to cash a big check.

Basically this.

Once you see it, it becomes hard to take the movie seriously. That and Death Star Jr is too much of a plot retread too soon.
Idk it didn't bother me much. But I haven't watched in a while and I'm pretty easy going as far as movies, especially fiction

I’m so confused why Mandalorian aside from 2 of the episodes shits all over the new movies

(1) It has to do with expectations. Filoni and Favreau were essentially able to tell whatever story they wanted in the Star Wars universe. Also, it came on the heels of some of the worst SW content to date, so it exceeded our lowered expectations.

The films had to: (1) include Luke, Leia and Han, (2) introduce several new characters that fans would love, (3) somehow tie in to the first six movies so Disney could sell it as part of the same thread (instead of as a random SW story, which would have been a million times better), (4) give Luke, Leia, Han and all the new characters satisfying conclusions, and tie up the entire nine movie saga with a nice neat bow.

It was never gonna happen. First and foremost, because the story ended already, with Episode VI. Luke helped Anakin redeem himself, and in doing so Anakin brought balance to the Force as prophesied. Episodes I-III told the Anakin backstory. There is no Episode VII. It’s over. “Episode VII” was just a new story packaged by Disney as the conclusion to the original story so they could sell tickets.

I actually really enjoyed the first hour of Force Awakens. I thought Kylo Ren was great (before they cut his balls off by having a random girl kick the shit out of him). Han had some good moments too. All in all I didn’t hate the “reboot” concept, as Disney wanted to play it safe with their first film, especially after how disappointed a lot of people were with the prequels. Lucas gets made fun of for this, but when he said the movies should “rhyme” I actually agree.

(2) They really screwed themselves by panicking and changing directors and writers so many times. JJ Abrams is kind of a hack, but he makes passable action-adventure movies. Despite a couple storytelling issues, Force Awakens wasn’t that bad. Allowing a new director to come in and abandon his plan entirely was insane, especially someone as unaccomplished as Rian Johnson. I thought Last Jedi was the worst SW movie ever made. The one thing that it DID do that I liked was Rey’s parents......and then they brought JJ back to reverse that completely en route to making a giant mess of the finale. It’s difficult to believe that with so much financial backing and literally an entire world of people who would love to be a part of the project, they’re unable to produce a decent trilogy of films. Pathetic. Kathleen Kennedy needs to go immediately, and ultimately the buck has to stop with Bob Iger.

Mandalorian was good because they had a clean slate. Rogue One as well (I think R1 has become slightly overrated—it’s good, but it’s got a low ceiling). Solo wasn’t great but it wasn’t terrible. The real issue with Solo is that you really can’t recast such an iconic character. Plus it was released after Last Jedi which murdered its momentum.

I’m optimistic for the future though. They’ve now recouped their up front investment in Lucasfilm reportedly, and they’ve seen what works and what doesn’t.

Last edited:
Lemme check it out. Thanks man

If you can get past the creepy, psychopath shtick, Mr. Plinkett does a great review of the prequels and new trilogy as well. I've watched his breakdown of the prequels more than I've watched the actual prequels.

That movie was trash
giphy.gif

Because paleolithic, tribal furries soundly defeating an Imperial Legion is a major plot stretch.

They only took out a handful of guys with a lot of help from Han, Chewy, etc. Would it have been better if Lucas hadn’t been so toy-obsessed? Yea, probably. But it certainly didn’t ruin the movie for me or anything. The scene with Luke,Vader and the Emp that’s happening simultaneously is among the greatest in SW history.

I haven't seen it yet, but i'm not surprised. How they've butchered that franchise is second to none.
The force awakens was maybe still a good movie on its own, but it's nowhere near what it could've been and the same goes for the horrible episode VIII and as mmentioned most likely for IX as well.

Instead of inventing something new and sh*tting on the books that actually were canon (the official prosecutions), they should've made movies based on the books (and of course, used more credible characters).

They could easily have made three sequels that would've blown the three last episodes including their sales out of the water and continued from their with additional movies who could've sold just as good.
The amount of material that was there to work with is humongous, i don't think anything comes close to star wars in that regard and yet, you have Kathleen Kennedy claiming there was no material to work with.

F*cking atrocious really.

Kennedy is an imbecile. 7 billion people on the planet and THAT’s who they put in charge of Star Wars. Incredible.

There is plenty of source material. I just finished the first two books of the Thrawn trilogy. They’re great.

They only took out a handful of guys with a lot of help from Han, Chewy, etc. Would it have been better if Lucas hadn’t been so toy-obsessed? Yea, probably. But it certainly didn’t ruin the movie for me or anything. The scene with Luke,Vader and the Emp that’s happening simultaneously is among the greatest in SW history.
<PlusJuan>

For a true Star Wars feel you need to watch the first episodes of The Mandalorian or go into the expanded universe like Rogue One. As far as the Episodic movies are concerned I would stick to The Empire Strikes back and A New Hope.

For a true Star Wars feel you need to watch the first episodes of The Mandalorian or go into the expanded universe like Rogue One. As far as the Episodic movies are concerned I would stick to The Empire Strikes back and A New Hope.
The mandalorian is definitely a big step up from the movies

Back