• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News the "Arena" isn't ready to hold the event tomorrow the fights will be in a huge tent instead

Can't wait to watch a event full of slow paced fights due to the heat..
<{outtahere}>

FergusonAlexander9.gif

Not being optimised, is not same as not working.

They need 3 days to optimise. Guess how many days between wednesday (day of installation) and saturday
they said they were in the arena earlier today and it was extraordinarily hot, literally the first words in the timestamped video:
"We got our first impression of the Arena today......." the video was uploaded 2h ago 14h before the first fight of the night

they said they were in the arena earlier today and it was extraordinarily hot, literally the first words in the timestamped video:
"We got our first impression of the Arena today......."
Yet no other MMA media has reported it. Why ?

"We got our first impression of the Arena today......."
Right, but if they are suddenly changing the venue, shouldn't it be directly communicated by the UFC?

Why is this in the lightweight section?

84 readers, relevant to UFC, not chat,....

Have you really checked in on all of them? The sites and social media accounts as well? Today was the first day they got in there, so it would have to be a recent update.

I wouldn't expect anything from BT Sports or ESPN, though, cause they're promoting the event for UFC. Exposing this might be bad PR.
A quick search on Google, and it literally hasn't been mentioned anywhere..

I just hope the roof doesn't cave in or some such shit. I'd be worried to fight in slapdash arena like that.

I didn't watch the video and TS is a troll. This better not be fake news..

Yet no other MMA media has reported it. Why ?
there are no real MMA media
also from the weigh-ins thread:
Peter Carroll of MMA Fighting, the voice behind the live weigh-in stream says that he heard that the air conditioning unit in the temporary stadium in Abu Dhabi where the event is being held only go put in Wednesday and it takes three days of running to work at optimal efficiency. So the stadium could be hot & humid on Saturday and fighters sweating.

Anything other than a decision and Khabib is going down...

Back