• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News the "Arena" isn't ready to hold the event tomorrow the fights will be in a huge tent instead

they do in the later rounds but not at the first 2 a none casual MMA fan should know that grappling becomes harder in the later rounds because of the sweat
Plenty show up already sweating.

This event needs to be delayed
giphy.gif

Pale guys like Felder should demand that the UFC hold some of their events in freezing cold arenas to offset the advantage warm or hot arenas give to fighters who are used to or made for hotter environments. Maybe an open-air event in a tundra or something. It would be pretty interesting from a biological perspective.

On that note, Calderwood is in big trouble.

Surely, the event wouldn't go ahead if the arena wasn't sufficiently air conditioned ?
Dana was interviewed today, and claimed he was impressed with how fast they built the thing..
Could be talking out of his ass of course.
<36>
Use the Trump method for staying cool, good old fashioned piss in between rounds.

giphy.gif

Not seeing this being reported by MMA media? Is there any kind of verification that this is true?
MMA media sucks, I made a thread about Diego Sanchez moving camp and 1 week later Ariel found out by interviewing Diego..
also, MMAFighting is MMA media

Not gonna look for my post, but I really did predict this. I still predict Khabib def Poirier via tko (heatstroke)

I hope Dustin wins though.

lol that's why you don't go to those shithole countries

MAGA MAGA MAGA

Not being optimised, is not same as not working.

They need 3 days to optimise. Guess how many days between wednesday (day of installation) and saturday

Seriously delay the event.

Huge advantage for strikers you cant wrestle in this heat

This is GeaseGate Part 2

<LikeReally5>

They can't delay, what'll really happen is princes need to authorize the insane additional expenditure to get last minute effective AC in a makeshift tent arena. Culturally, this is a huge thing for the Islamic world, they want Khabib to win. It's just a matter of who is willing to pay that much cash to motivate the logistics to salvage the event.

Not only the competitive aspect is important, they'll have bad press from famous people fainting and shit.

Right now this is an issue of huge cash and huge logistical connections being needed immediately to save face.

The air conditioning for the arena was broken for Machida vs Mousasi. I remember that card was mostly shit, so many fighters gassed and laid on each other and man did they sweat. Machida turned in one of his better performances though despite that, dude saved the card as far as I was concerned.

Back