The 2022 Heavies' Awards: The Shonuf Award Mod of the Year Winner: giovanni_ss

Who is your choice for the 2022 Shonuf Award for Mod of the Year? (CHOOSE THREE)

• Dick

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • giovanni_ss

Votes: 86 54.4%
  • helax

Votes: 13 8.2%
  • HockeyBJJ

Votes: 12 7.6%
  • Jackonfire

Votes: 58 36.7%
  • Kung Fu Kowboy

Votes: 13 8.2%
  • PurpleStorm

Votes: 35 22.2%
  • Slobodan

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Substance Abuse

Votes: 65 41.1%
  • Valhoven

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Zebra Cheeks

Votes: 39 24.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Like the idiot I am, I missed the big shiny "chose 3" part.
Tough choice really, obviously, the team is great. Voted for @PurpleStorm this year, I especially appreciated your kindness lately in our few exchanges. Change nothing !

Edit : I'm not sure exchange means the same in English and in French where it is automatically implied that I talk about an exchange of ideas, or to put it simply, conversations :D just wanted to correct that, I had a sudden doubt attack !

Last edited:
I went with ''Salt-N-Pepa" aka @giovanni_ss @Jackonfire @PurpleStorm

7744nx.jpg

But in all honesty all you mods are great. Anyone who was on Sherdog back in the day should have a special appreciation for the Mods we have now..

Special shout out to @bigwaverider

423029.jpg

I feel bad for only being able to nominate three of you guys lol. Really never had a bad experience with any of you and you guys put in so much work to make this a great place for everyone… I can only appreciate that.

I voted for @PurpleStorm , @Substance Abuse and @giovanni_ss
If I had 3 more votes @Jackonfire , @helax and @Zebra Cheeks would’ve been mentioned too.
To the other mods:You guys also deserve a mention for everything you’re doing, too bad I got only 3 votes..

3 alright, cool.

Fuck me Freddie. How am I to choose?

I have no idea. I’ll make my pics tomorrow, or the next day.

All my respect to the mods. But the biggest thing that they need to own..
Give me a HAMMER. One week.

@Jackonfire, that’s a write in. No discussion needed. Weigh-ins. PBP threads.

This is easy.

I’ll hit the rest before the deadline.

Last edited:
I just picked my 3 least favorite so they can feel good about themselves tbh
Lmao I'm not sure what to think about this but I guess this is actually very nice.
Couldn't or wouldn't?

<{nope}>

I've been in the Berry for a long while now.

I still mod the heavies and delete threads and posts that @Substance Abuse gets blamed for.
Hahaha If I had a penny everytime @Substance Abuse got accused of such things, I would... have to find the nearest currency exchange office

I'd never do an kiss-assing thing like voting for Internet forum police... The hell is this thread?

<DisgustingHHH>

tumblr_m9ttknzjN21r6dfoeo1_500.gif

On the real though, Sherdog mods get a lot of bad press, but imo were lucky to have the ones we do... Most of them are old time sherbros of mine, so I'm just voting on the ones that threw Don Buffy a bone over the last 12 months.

First @giovanni_ss - nice to see you getting the love you deserve up in dis bish... Homie is tireless, does the badboy OPs and is a voice of kind reason behind the scenes... Thank you brother... I owe you.

@Zebra Cheeks - The dark powers of sherdog moderation didn't corrupt this OG favourite poster... Yet... Again, thank you monica.

Honestly, last vote could have gone anywhere, I legit like all of them but I always vote @Jackonfire because of the PbP threads because dems my favourites... So I guess that's it.

BWR Never Die.

<RomeroSalute>

Last edited:
All the mods I have a chat here and there or meet at different places(mostly Sat nights) on Sherdog deserve some credit! @helax @giovanni_ss @PurpleStorm @Kung Fu Kowboy :)

Only did 1 vote and that goes to @Jackonfire simply because he's setting up all the UFC PBP threads, I talked to the most since joining the page and always being a bit like the cool older brother :D

I like and respect all the mods and staff. They keep things going here at Sherdog. Mainly behind the scenes. They all enjoy Sherdog and want it to continue thriving.

@Zebra Cheeks. My savvy mentor. Technically proficient. Managererially superlative. Always there with a helping hand or a zebra butt cheek. Sometimes both, which is when I decline. He once scaled Mt. Everest wearing nothing but gym shoes. I’ve heard he ran a Fortune 500 company. Straight into the ground. He helps out Sherdog as part of a deal, the terms of which he is not at liberty to disclose. Gave me the best advice ever. When I told him I cannot stand the War Room it makes me sick. He replied ‘Don’t read it.’ Problem solved.

@Jackonfire. My first friend here. When I barely knew anyone or posted much Jack was the one who helped me feel comfortable. Ever calm. Ever smart. He sets up and hosts the ufc play by play discussion, a ragtag assortment of weirdos, outcasts, stoners and blowhards. In helping out with all manners of activities his batting percentage is all time champ level. You all may not know he began his career playing the bass guitar at carnivals, sock hops and car dealerships. He’s too humble to mention it but I heard he played bass with Parliament / Funkadelic. Got bored and handed bass duties off to someone else. Now spends time helping out at Sherdog and tending to a garden. As many musicians do.

@giovanni_ss. Grateful we became friendly before becoming mods. Does so much here in creating amazing threads, encouraging positive discussion and always sharing a laugh or two. Taeyeon once told me he managed popular K-pop bands. Now he blesses us with his presence at Sherdog. In time we will be hosting wild parties with all-girl singing groups. Posters with no further infractions will be invited!

Shout out to fellow mod batch bud @Substance Abuse. This guy will go to bat anytime anywhere to help protect and improve this site. That includes kicking people in the nuts during bar fights so that other moderators may escape intact. As the co-inventor of beer, he no longer needs to work. He mainly samples it from all around the world. He once staved off an attack from a den of hungry mountain lions by giving them a rare and exquisite home brewed ale. They liked it and accepted him into their pack, slowly teaching him the ways of posting and moderating. These days he spends a lot of time keeping the site going in a good direction. And offering pithy hot takes on everything ranging from MMA fights to 15 Century Italian Literature.

Special thanks to @JayPettryMMA. The straw who stirs the drink. Outstanding sports writer. Tremendous judgement. Works hard keeping this place fun. Best manager ever. Makes Sir Alex Ferguson, Phil Jackson and Scotty Bowman look like bums.

The real MVP’s. All the self-moderators. Posters who have read the rules and agreed to follow them. No flaming. No fighter bashing. No trolling. Thank you to all who make this an amazing place.

Back