The 2021 Heavies Awards: The Shonuf Award (Mod of the Year) - WINNER: Zebra Cheeks

Who is your choice for the 2021 Shonuf Mod of the Year Award? (CHOOSE THREE)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You should have covered that on the first day briefing..
Isn't here also a test afterwards
First day jack kept talking about Vince Lombardi. We try to be kind toward him now.

Last edited:
Since I got into watching mma I don't watch as much football. But I'm always excited about and watch the playoffs.
Thing about MMA these days is it’s a year round sport. There’s not really an off season. And Saturday nights for my own schedule work quite nicely.

Also nice cause if you miss a card it’s easy enough to still follow. Some sports like hockey, baseball, basketball. They have like a million games and I feel like I don’t get the whole story.

The ones I watch constantly are pro cycling, MMA, and football.

Unfortunately it’s hard to find other English speaking cycling fans. Would probably talk about it even more than MMA

The Dawg has an awesome crew of Mods and Admins.

Jus IMO...

An na not sucking up... I've clashed with a few (mildly)

I'm here fer fights in the cage not spit and spat...
giphy.gif

Oh wow, the guy I voted for is actually in the lead :eek::eek::eek: I'm not used to voting for election winners...

But seriously, they all seem great to me. It's just that I hardly ever see some of them. IDK why anyone around here ever gets yellow carded, they just have to do what they're told. Shouldn't be that hard, billions of people do it 24/7.

After not even knowing this was a thing before today somehow, I'm genuinely invested in it now.

Not enough to create multiple burner accounts just so I can vote more than once, but I'll actually be upset if my choice doesn't win.

The Heavies Awards
-2021-
The Shonuf Award (MOD OF THE YEAR)

We made it through another year! The awards have mostly been handed out so far, but Poster of the Year is still up for grabs. Fans are back in the building, fights are cruising, and we're getting back on track. Even with the madness that was 2021, our outstanding Sherdog.com forum staff crushed it once again, keeping this heap rolling for another year. Here is where we show love for the staff, especially those that kicked it in the Heavies this year. If you're wondering why a mod may be missing, there's one of two reasons: they don't typically post here often, or they're too new to be in contention (but don't worry, because all of those newbie mods are up for Poster of the Year). It's not because we don't love them. These are the Heavies awards. F2 Represent.

Please allow me to reintroduce your candidates:

Augustus Caesar
410403.jpg

"Less than a minute in and Hooker is on his back."
"'AAAHHH' - Khamzat"
"Split decision lmao boxing sucks"

bigwaverider
423029.jpg

"Bloody hell. Top 10!! Are the girls lined up at your door yet? I always make sure to pick at least one fatty. They cook better. :D"
"
Thanks for making this thread. However with making a Shoop Thread comes great responsibility.

1. Make a template which is a cut out
2. Make a shoop

You should not just post a pic and say 'Shoop this'. You will get shamed. I made a cut out for you and put it in the OP."

Dick
60595.jpg

"Look at those pathetic little twigs for legs. Malnourished heavyweight."
"Barnett better flat line this schlub Villante"
"The UFC legend Chris Avila was in Maximovs corner. No wonder he got the victory"

helax
437341.jpg

"Man that dude holding the cup made a mistake."
"Dude was looking at Herb like 'hey you touched me, it's over!' when Herb wouldn't make up his damn mind."

"don't threaten me with a good time"

Jackonfire
239202.jpg

"Hit him with your groin!"
"Hotel room bout to get trashed"
"Oh look. The whitebelt has questions."

Kung Fu Kowboy (now the Kowboy)
39296.jpg

"What the hell is Bank and No Money? Is there a briefcases above the ring..."
"Cain has never lost at sea level and never fight Rickson on a beach...."
"Easy fix. Let them all juice... I want to see a 15-25 minute war, not hugging from gassing in 3 minutes."

Slobodan
475585.jpg

"Then I'll just have to bring an umbrella with me and be on guard at all times."
"You ever had kangaroo?"
"Wasn't me"

Valhoven
507467.jpg

"Neither does ice; dude looks late twenties-early thirties and was born in the 1960s. Something else they've in common is neither get the respect they're due."
"Brown > Everyone else in this picture"
"Pads not hit back quip aside, he looks great, TBH. To revisit his career as a crossover competitor, the work he's put in the past decade+ shows the respect he has for the sport."

Zebra Cheeks
239026.jpg

"I called him a walking thumb in person. I was 2 feet away."
"If you don't enjoy Baja blast we have a problem"
"He just killed that dude now he's crying while holding a sock. What the f---, did someone spike my drink or something"

Just bleed, and just vote!

Umm can I vote none? :)
Definitely not jack gave me my yellows lol

Jk jk

@helax @Slobodan @Zebra Cheeks @Jackonfire

one vote for sale
Please PM offer

@Zebra Cheeks was very good to me lately.
Got my vote.

shout out to two who aren't nominated this year.

@Rebelfett who's always generous with the like button.
@TeTe super duper cool dude.

I guess I voted for the 3 correct Mods. Looking like all 3 running away with it.

@ Cheeks @BWR @J-Fire

We have a lot of great mods, so this was tough. I voted:
@Zebra Cheeks @Jackonfire @helax
But honestly I don’t think I’ve ever had a bad interaction with a mod here. It’s not an easy job and we’re fortunate to have the crew that we do.

I gotta give it to @Jackonfire and @Zebra Cheeks. These guys are my measuring stick and will always look up to them. They're the backbone of the Heavies and I wouldn't be where I'm at without these two, so thank you guys.

Also I gotta mention my mentor, @Valhoven. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and for everything you've done. I've learned so much from you and will always be grateful.

Shoutouts and much love to everyone in The Booth!

Zeb
Big
Jack

@Zebra Cheeks
@helax
@Valhoven - the brother with the gun chops, big up

Thanks to all the mods for making this a good place and not banning drunken idiots like me :) Sherdog has its faults but it’s been my go to for years and years and will be for the foreseeable future.
<JackieThumbsUp>

I had to go with:

@Zebra Cheeks who's long been one of the best, most interactive mods overall, and who I came to know in the PBP threads. He was basically just like one of us but with a smurf colored name who took the time to be one of the guys in the Heavies.

@Jackonfire who is another mod that seems to be quite level headed, always willing to discuss a post delete, thread lock or answer any question you've got in a calm demeanor and is incredibly fair. Over the years he's someone I've gotten to know in the Heavies just like Zeebs.

@bigwaverider for constantly making me laugh my ass off with his incredible shoops and his unrelenting selflessness when it comes to avatars. He's spearheaded the shoops movement and is an almost ubiquitous contributor to the hilarity that are the shoop threads.

Still, every mod here does a lot that goes unseen and I know that even more now. When I wasn't a mod it was sometimes easy to jump the gun and get upset at some decisions or wonder what other mods did who weren't always in the Heavies, but it's not a easy job and taking out the trash is quite cumbersome. Cheers to the veterans who came before the 'New Breed'.

The guys who are running away with it took my vote....

Zebra Arse
BWR
Jackofire

Outstanding job gentlemen

@bigwaverider @Jackonfire @Valhoven @Zebra Cheeks

cheeks has so many votes he doesn't need mine though

Best Mods on this entire forum are @Zebra Cheeks and @helax. They're just good people, I honestly forget they are even Mods. @bigwaverider and @Substance Abuse are awesome too....

Oh wow, the guy I voted for is actually in the lead :eek::eek::eek: I'm not used to voting for election winners...

But seriously, they all seem great to me. It's just that I hardly ever see some of them. IDK why anyone around here ever gets yellow carded, they just have to do what they're told. Shouldn't be that hard, billions of people do it 24/7.

Thank you for the votes everyone. I’ve put quite a bit of time into this place so I’m glad you all appreciate it. Means a lot to me to have won this once, let alone twice. Couldn’t have done it without all my brothers in blue.

Looking forward to spending another year watching sports with all of you. Cheers.

Thank you for the votes everyone. I’ve put quite a bit of time into this place so I’m glad you all appreciate it. Means a lot to me to have won this once, let alone twice. Couldn’t have done it without all my brothers in blue.

Looking forward to spending another year watching sports with all of you. Cheers.
7BKL.gif

jeternephew.gif

Back