The 2021 Heavies Awards: The Shonuf Award (Mod of the Year) - WINNER: Zebra Cheeks

Who is your choice for the 2021 Shonuf Mod of the Year Award? (CHOOSE THREE)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
The Heavies Awards
-2021-
The Shonuf Award (MOD OF THE YEAR)​

We made it through another year! The awards have mostly been handed out so far, but Poster of the Year is still up for grabs. Fans are back in the building, fights are cruising, and we're getting back on track. Even with the madness that was 2021, our outstanding Sherdog.com forum staff crushed it once again, keeping this heap rolling for another year. Here is where we show love for the staff, especially those that kicked it in the Heavies this year. If you're wondering why a mod may be missing, there's one of two reasons: they don't typically post here often, or they're too new to be in contention (but don't worry, because all of those newbie mods are up for Poster of the Year). It's not because we don't love them. These are the Heavies awards. F2 Represent.

Please allow me to reintroduce your candidates:

Augustus Caesar
410403.jpg

"Less than a minute in and Hooker is on his back."
"'AAAHHH' - Khamzat"
"Split decision lmao boxing sucks"

bigwaverider
423029.jpg

"Bloody hell. Top 10!! Are the girls lined up at your door yet? I always make sure to pick at least one fatty. They cook better. :D"
"
Thanks for making this thread. However with making a Shoop Thread comes great responsibility.

1. Make a template which is a cut out
2. Make a shoop

You should not just post a pic and say 'Shoop this'. You will get shamed. I made a cut out for you and put it in the OP."
Dick
60595.jpg

"Look at those pathetic little twigs for legs. Malnourished heavyweight."
"Barnett better flat line this schlub Villante"
"The UFC legend Chris Avila was in Maximovs corner. No wonder he got the victory"​

helax
437341.jpg

"Man that dude holding the cup made a mistake."
"Dude was looking at Herb like 'hey you touched me, it's over!' when Herb wouldn't make up his damn mind."
"don't threaten me with a good time"
Jackonfire
239202.jpg

"Hit him with your groin!"
"Hotel room bout to get trashed"
"Oh look. The whitebelt has questions."

Kung Fu Kowboy (now the Kowboy)
39296.jpg

"What the hell is Bank and No Money? Is there a briefcases above the ring..."
"Cain has never lost at sea level and never fight Rickson on a beach...."
"Easy fix. Let them all juice... I want to see a 15-25 minute war, not hugging from gassing in 3 minutes."
Slobodan
475585.jpg

"Then I'll just have to bring an umbrella with me and be on guard at all times."
"You ever had kangaroo?"
"Wasn't me"

Valhoven
507467.jpg

"Neither does ice; dude looks late twenties-early thirties and was born in the 1960s. Something else they've in common is neither get the respect they're due."
"Brown > Everyone else in this picture"
"Pads not hit back quip aside, he looks great, TBH. To revisit his career as a crossover competitor, the work he's put in the past decade+ shows the respect he has for the sport."

Zebra Cheeks
239026.jpg

"I called him a walking thumb in person. I was 2 feet away."
"If you don't enjoy Baja blast we have a problem"
"He just killed that dude now he's crying while holding a sock. What the f---, did someone spike my drink or something"​

Just bleed, and just vote!

And I'd like to give a big thanks to the staff here that's been helping me keep this ship afloat this year. It's been wild, but the Sherdog Forums are still running smoothly, numbers are good, and we're looking forward to what 2022 brings. Who knows, with that front page relaunch, maybe we can see some thematic upgrades to the forum as well! (stay tuned)

@Augustus Caesar @bigwaverider @Dick @helax @Jackonfire @the Kowboy @Slobodan @Valhoven @Zebra Cheeks -- thanks guys, for everything.

And a special shoutout to the new crew that have only been on the team a few months (thus don't qualify yet for the Shonuf award) but will definitely be in contention next year: @giovanni_ss @PurpleStorm @Rebelfett and @Substance Abuse

And I'd like to give a big thanks to the staff here that's been helping me keep this ship afloat this year. It's been wild, but the Sherdog Forums are still running smoothly, numbers are good, and we're looking forward to what 2022 brings. Who knows, with that front page relaunch, maybe we can see some thematic upgrades to the forum as well! (stay tuned)

@Augustus Caesar @bigwaverider @Dick @helax @Jackonfire @the Kowboy @Slobodan @Valhoven @Zebra Cheeks -- thanks guys, for everything.

And a special shoutout to the new crew that have only been on the team a few months (thus don't qualify yet for the Shonuf award) but will definitely be in contention next year: @giovanni_ss @PurpleStorm @Rebelfett and @Substance Abuse

Thank you my brother!!

zFvpP4q.gif

Why is @Rebelfett not an option?

That 'ask me anything' thread the other day brought some serious lols.

"they're too new to be in contention (but don't worry, because all of those newbie mods are up for Poster of the Year). It's not because we don't love them."

I'm glad you enjoyed the thread.

Much luv
Rebelfett

I gotta give it to @Jackonfire and @Zebra Cheeks. These guys are my measuring stick and will always look up to them. They're the backbone of the Heavies and I wouldn't be where I'm at without these two, so thank you guys.

Also I gotta mention my mentor, @Valhoven. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and for everything you've done. I've learned so much from you and will always be grateful.

Shoutouts and much love to everyone in The Booth!

Didn't realized we have 3 votes. But hey, I gotta give one to my good old friend @Augustus Caesar. Thanks for the memories man, and all the sharing we had all throughout the years. Those early years were the best! :D

Cheers for the 10 years buddy! :)
ezgif.com-gif-maker---2022-01-11T050255.139.gif

The Heavies Awards
-2021-
The Shonuf Award (MOD OF THE YEAR)

We made it through another year! The awards have mostly been handed out so far, but Poster of the Year is still up for grabs. Fans are back in the building, fights are cruising, and we're getting back on track. Even with the madness that was 2021, our outstanding Sherdog.com forum staff crushed it once again, keeping this heap rolling for another year. Here is where we show love for the staff, especially those that kicked it in the Heavies this year. If you're wondering why a mod may be missing, there's one of two reasons: they don't typically post here often, or they're too new to be in contention (but don't worry, because all of those newbie mods are up for Poster of the Year). It's not because we don't love them. These are the Heavies awards. F2 Represent.

Please allow me to reintroduce your candidates:

Augustus Caesar
410403.jpg

"Less than a minute in and Hooker is on his back."
"'AAAHHH' - Khamzat"
"Split decision lmao boxing sucks"

bigwaverider
423029.jpg

"Bloody hell. Top 10!! Are the girls lined up at your door yet? I always make sure to pick at least one fatty. They cook better. :D"
"
Thanks for making this thread. However with making a Shoop Thread comes great responsibility.

1. Make a template which is a cut out
2. Make a shoop

You should not just post a pic and say 'Shoop this'. You will get shamed. I made a cut out for you and put it in the OP."

Dick
60595.jpg

"Look at those pathetic little twigs for legs. Malnourished heavyweight."
"Barnett better flat line this schlub Villante"
"The UFC legend Chris Avila was in Maximovs corner. No wonder he got the victory"

helax
437341.jpg

"Man that dude holding the cup made a mistake."
"Dude was looking at Herb like 'hey you touched me, it's over!' when Herb wouldn't make up his damn mind."

"don't threaten me with a good time"

Jackonfire
239202.jpg

"Hit him with your groin!"
"Hotel room bout to get trashed"
"Oh look. The whitebelt has questions."

Kung Fu Kowboy (now the Kowboy)
39296.jpg

"What the hell is Bank and No Money? Is there a briefcases above the ring..."
"Cain has never lost at sea level and never fight Rickson on a beach...."
"Easy fix. Let them all juice... I want to see a 15-25 minute war, not hugging from gassing in 3 minutes."

Slobodan
475585.jpg

"Then I'll just have to bring an umbrella with me and be on guard at all times."
"You ever had kangaroo?"
"Wasn't me"

Valhoven
507467.jpg

"Neither does ice; dude looks late twenties-early thirties and was born in the 1960s. Something else they've in common is neither get the respect they're due."
"Brown > Everyone else in this picture"
"Pads not hit back quip aside, he looks great, TBH. To revisit his career as a crossover competitor, the work he's put in the past decade+ shows the respect he has for the sport."

Zebra Cheeks
239026.jpg

"I called him a walking thumb in person. I was 2 feet away."
"If you don't enjoy Baja blast we have a problem"
"He just killed that dude now he's crying while holding a sock. What the f---, did someone spike my drink or something"

Just bleed, and just vote!
Hahahaha I totally forgot about the sock situation. I’m trying to remember who that was and I can’t. I do however vividly remember being so damn confused then laughing because it was just so unexpected. If I recall it once it was explained it made sense but I was just NOT ready for it lmao.

@helax do you remember the context of your “that guy holding the cup” comment?

Back