The 2021 Heavies Awards: Submission of the Year (Winner: Andre Muniz)

Submission of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nunes was against woeful opposition, but that armbar was one of the funniest/most humiliating moves we've yet seen to finish a fight, so I voted for it.

mXKnS67l.jpg

What an amazing year for submissions in MMA! As a grappling enthusiast going through this list really made me excited for the new year. Nominees were decided for various reasons ( the pure shock, the transition into, broken limb, going to sleep, etc) there are a few other honorable mentions that I will add later. VOTE!!!! VOTE!!!! VOTE!!!!
Voting ends in 5 days

Much luv

Rebelfett

Daisuke Nakamura(armbar) Rizin 31

Vincente Luque (brabo choke) UFC265
7232965a385b327591bd44a14d888e6955c7ce05.gifv

A.J. McKee (guillotine) Bellator 263
SkinnyWildCopperhead-size_restricted.gif

Andre Muniz (armbar) UFC 262
BoringLimpingCod-size_restricted.gif

Amanda Nunes (armbar from reverse triangle) UFC 259
FeminineDecimalGordonsetter-size_restricted.gif

Anthony Hernandez (guillotine) UFC 258
DrearyShortCow-size_restricted.gif

The biggest acheivment is submitting Vieira, however that had less to do with skill and more to do with Rodolfo being absolutely gassed.
I voted for Muniz, although one could say that had more to do with Jacaré being completely washed.

Nunes triangle is great too, but can't vote for her because of the lack of competition. Anderson isn't exactly some kind of killer.

mXKnS67l.jpg

What an amazing year for submissions in MMA! As a grappling enthusiast going through this list really made me excited for the new year. Nominees were decided for various reasons ( the pure shock, the transition into, broken limb, going to sleep, etc) there are a few other honorable mentions that I will add later. VOTE!!!! VOTE!!!! VOTE!!!!
Voting ends in 5 days

Much luv

Rebelfett

Daisuke Nakamura(armbar) Rizin 31

Vincente Luque (brabo choke) UFC265
7232965a385b327591bd44a14d888e6955c7ce05.gifv

A.J. McKee (guillotine) Bellator 263
SkinnyWildCopperhead-size_restricted.gif

Andre Muniz (armbar) UFC 262
BoringLimpingCod-size_restricted.gif

Amanda Nunes (armbar from reverse triangle) UFC 259
FeminineDecimalGordonsetter-size_restricted.gif

Anthony Hernandez (guillotine) UFC 258
DrearyShortCow-size_restricted.gif

Great list, TS -- think I'd go with Muniz, but not an easy selection.

I’ve spent much of my mma watching time in the past six months or so trying to learn more about grappling. It’s pretty amazing and I also love the scrambles and positioning. Appreciate when people here describe it, as I’m not great at putting it all into words.

Some grapplers are so good in the scramble they make it look like they're practicing super smooth parkour on their opponents body. Climbing, transitioning, finishing. They're very eloquent and fluid at movement of the human bodies entangled with one another.

Some grapplers are so good in the scramble they make it look like they're practicing super smooth parkour on their opponents body. Climbing, transitioning, finishing. They're very eloquent and fluid at movement of the human bodies entangled with one another.
Well said Doc!

Back