The 2021 Heavies Awards: Submission of the Year (Winner: Andre Muniz)

Submission of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for posting. That sub was badass on 2 levels.

Obviously Paul Craig is a bad due on the ground and his BJJ is lethal.

But respect for Jamahal Hill. That crazy son of a bitch tried to keep fighting through that. Maybe not the brightest health decision, but tough as nails to not quit there.
Absolutely, made me bigger fans of both.. And then they went out and got drunk together lol.

giphy.gif

Muniz', though it was a submission hold, was more like a tko in that there was no time to submit prior to the limb being snapped.

non UFC fighters do not belong in the heavies. Ban this shit mod.
@Rebelfett I even voted for you in the poster of the year, i am ashamed.

Muniz breaking Jacare's arm is crazy

Bro Islam's submission of Dober is highly underrated.

His kimura on Hooker was also nasty.

I wanna say luque so bad but I'm not.
Really muniz had the sweetest sub on this list.

The way Oliviera took Poiriers back in no time, manipulating his arm so he couldn't defend the neck and then choke him out was stunning. I guess the only thing keeping him off the list is that Khabib already choked him out?

My vote will have to go to Muniz. He didn't even rock Jacare before snatching his arm. It's fucking Jacare never thought i'd see someone do him like that

I understand why most dudes enjoy a KO, but maaaan some the submissions are so fucking brutal, and require a very good technique.
Being a box fan and having practices box for most of my life, I appreciate a nice KO, but in MMA I believe the submissions are just incredible: the skill and the strength necessary to pull one is amazing.
Charles submitting Poirier was a thing of beauty.

I’ve spent much of my mma watching time in the past six months or so trying to learn more about grappling. It’s pretty amazing and I also love the scrambles and positioning. Appreciate when people here describe it, as I’m not great at putting it all into words.

Back