That's was f* ridiculous (kron)

khabibnurmagomedov1.png

That's the essence of BJJ anymore. Maia became an excellent takedown artist, but it took him years of seriously refining and honing his wrestling. Off the top if my head, I can't think of another BJJ great with great takedowns.

Arona

And I'm not taking about the striking, that was expected. Is this supposed to be a grappler? How the f* can you call yourself an elite grappler with not even the basic fundamental understanding of stand-up grappling, throws or takedowns.
Wtf is gracie Jiu-Jitsu? Didn't it evolved from Judo and yet I not even poor judo technique they can display.

Ridiculous... Don't ever call yourself a grappler of you can only grapple on the ground..
u sound a little slow. if you are getting tagged up and your opponent is moving around obviously its tough to grapple?

That's the essence of BJJ anymore. Maia became an excellent takedown artist, but it took him years of seriously refining and honing his wrestling. Off the top if my head, I can't think of another BJJ great with great takedowns.
thats because Maia is THE BJJ great.

Reminded me of Jorge Gurgel wanting to "stand and bang" while Rich Franklin used to throw his hands in the air in disgust in his corner.

Jacare was the same story as Maia, he spent several years working on that part of his game. Aoki fights predominantly in Japan, against dudes with no wrestling. Every halfway decent dude he's fought has beat him up. Can't speak as to Yahya, though. Don't know much about him.

Yahya isnt a bad wrestler but not a great one , his trips and double/singles are pretty good and enough to get the job done.

The guys got so many different types of sub wins in MMA and even in the UFC .

its the same thing with these gracies.. they think their grappling can carry them
they are pretty stupid

Shields was a damn good wrestler. He started so young (was competing nationally by age 10) that he was able to do varsity wrestling all 4 years of high-school which is rare. For college he did 2 years Junior college (all american both years) and then 2 years Division 2
Oh wow didn’t know that

Flat earth physics don’t work on a round planet.

A judo BB means very little. You can get that in 3-5 years with no competition experience. There's a massive gap between that and these D1 wrestlers and Olympic judoka you'd be trying to takedown.

Yea, for real. Anyone with shitty takedowns, who has to rely desperately on pulling guard has no chance of taking down a high level wrestler or Judo athlete. They will dictate where the fight goes.

Bjj gyms 99% start on the knees, it’s a problem
It was so weird the first time I cross trained with then.

“we start to roll on our knees”

me(judo background)
“Why? thats half of my learning throw away”

BJJ friends
“Well that gives you an advantage we don’t have”

me
“Okey...”

which was funny because in Judo you actually have osaekomi training only but the reverse doesn’t happen in some BJJ dojos.

Best way is to go and spend months with Maia, he found the best way to close the distance in a safe manner and get the takedown. Still it didn't work out well for.him against the top wrestlers.

I wouldn't call that hell...just a tough brawler with a really good chin. If he keeps fighting like that, his chin will fade fast.
I wouldn't call that hell...just a tough brawler with a really good chin. If he keeps fighting like that, his chin will fade fast.
86 significant strikes landed...not bad for a BJJ guy.
I was amazed too that he had no reaction to the body shots.
Wouldn't want him hitting me 86 times like that, Swanson was swole up after the fight.

its the same thing with these gracies.. they think their grappling can carry them
they are pretty stupid

"Gracie JJ beats everything!" got disproven back in like 1997 by Sakuraba.

He looked like shit. Slow, plodding. I don’t understand how your striking and offensive wrestling can be so undeveloped when you are a pro fighting in the big leagues

Kron has good takedowns, drag downs and guard pulls etc but I dont know what the hell he was trying to do tonight. Maybe he was trying to prove a point that hes in the Diaz camp and has good stand up. I dunno.. but I'm certain that he could have taken Cub down if he wanted to. Really stupid decision..costed him the fight and he took damage. I'll say this though, Krob showed good chin, good toughness. More than I ever gave him credit for. I think he looked good for only 5 fights.

Back