That's was f* ridiculous (kron)

Kron lives in the past, along with his father's mentality. I'm a huge Rickson fan, be he and his brothers simply haven't evolved since the 90's. He literally still thinks that BJJ is all it takes, and what you see Kron doing is using the same set up tactics his family used in the 80's and 90's against people with zero grappling experience. What he does doesn't work at the high level. If he developed really good wrestling and solid striking he could most likely submitt everyone on the ground, because he is that good. Think of Maia. Now think of something considerably superior. That's Kron. But just with BJJ, no wrestling at all and mediocre striking, you ain't going far in 2019.

And I'm not taking about the striking, that was expected. Is this supposed to be a grappler? How the f* can you call yourself an elite grappler with not even the basic fundamental understanding of stand-up grappling, throws or takedowns.
Wtf is gracie Jiu-Jitsu? Didn't it evolved from Judo and yet I not even poor judo technique they can display.

Ridiculous... Don't ever call yourself a grappler of you can only grapple on the ground..

It's a fight, not a BJJ match. Kron did his best to try to pull guard and try to get Cub down but Cub had great movement and fought very smart.

I think it was closer than 30-27, hats off to Kron for showing fairly decent striking in Rd 2 & 3.

Jacare has pretty solid takedowns for a BJJ fighter. Aoki has decent takedowns as well.
cause jacare is a good athlete kron isnt a natural athlete look at jacare at 19 20 when he was a brown before he even had great techique hed shoot hard on guys ect aoki has judo esk takedowns but he mostly relies on body lock takedowns in mma or jumping the back nowadays as his judo for mma doesnt get him very far

Jacare has pretty solid takedowns for a BJJ fighter. Aoki has decent takedowns as well.

Jacare is pretty explosive with his takedowns .

Yahya aint too bad either .

Jacare was the same story as Maia, he spent several years working on that part of his game. Aoki fights predominantly in Japan, against dudes with no wrestling. Every halfway decent dude he's fought has beat him up. Can't speak as to Yahya, though. Don't know much about him.

I think shields was a wrestler first, may be wrong though. Palhares never had great takedowns, he was just steroided out if his mind.

Correct on Shields. Two other BJJ guys with decent TDs (Arona and Tibau) were more like wrestlers than BJJ. Neither one has many submission wins.

Jacare was the same story as Maia, he spent several years working on that part of his game. Aoki fights predominantly in Japan, against dudes with no wrestling. Every halfway decent dude he's fought has beat him up. Can't speak as to Yahya, though. Don't know much about him.

Yep, Aoki got manhandled by Gil Melendez, who was a pretty good wrestler in his prime but no Khabib. Aoki wouldn't have done well at all against UFC competition...it would've looked like his fight vs. Gil or his rematch vs. Eddie Alvarez.

That's the essence of BJJ anymore. Maia became an excellent takedown artist, but it took him years of seriously refining and honing his wrestling. Off the top if my head, I can't think of another BJJ great with great takedowns.

Watch adcc they r coming

Dude he just gave Swanson hell for three rounds.

I wouldn't call that hell...just a tough brawler with a really good chin. If he keeps fighting like that, his chin will fade fast.

Maia is a judo BB
A judo BB means very little. You can get that in 3-5 years with no competition experience. There's a massive gap between that and these D1 wrestlers and Olympic judoka you'd be trying to takedown.

kron was a punching bag for the whole fight. surprisingly it almost worked and cub was about to pass out from exhaustion.

shields and palhares? (Or was shields a wrestler idk anymore)
I think shields was a wrestler first, may be wrong though. Palhares never had great takedowns, he was just steroided out if his mind.
Shields was a damn good wrestler. He started so young (was competing nationally by age 10) that he was able to do varsity wrestling all 4 years of high-school which is rare. For college he did 2 years Junior college (all american both years) and then 2 years Division 2

Just came to ask if anyone knows cubs walkout song yo?? Wanna have sex to it lol

1-shazam-g.gif

Back