That's was f* ridiculous (kron)

Kron lives in the past, along with his father's mentality. I'm a huge Rickson fan, be he and his brothers simply haven't evolved since the 90's. He literally still thinks that BJJ is all it takes, and what you see Kron doing is using the same set up tactics his family used in the 80's and 90's against people with zero grappling experience. What he does doesn't work at the high level. If he developed really good wrestling and solid striking he could most likely submitt everyone on the ground, because he is that good. Think of Maia. Now think of something considerably superior. That's Kron. But just with BJJ, no wrestling at all and mediocre striking, you ain't going far in 2019.
Yep, I love BJJ, and Kron, but this is spot on. Even in BJJ right now everyone is starting to get obsessed with wrestling.

I was wondering why he didn’t even attempt a single or double for 2 1/2 rounds
Think he wanted to beat Cub on his feet to make a statement. By the time he realized it wasn't going to happen he was too tired for the takedown. Not a good gameplan.

I was wondering why he didn’t even attempt a single or double for 2 1/2 rounds

Maybe trying to prove a point. But Old Man Cub - no particular disrespect, Swanson is awesome - was not exactly the guy to lose to if you want to rise through the rankings any time soon. Is Cub even in the top fifteen now? He shouldn't be.

And I'm not taking about the striking, that was expected. Is this supposed to be a grappler? How the f* can you call yourself an elite grappler with not even the basic fundamental understanding of stand-up grappling, throws or takedowns.
Wtf is gracie Jiu-Jitsu? Didn't it evolved from Judo and yet I not even poor judo technique they can display.

Ridiculous... Don't ever call yourself a grappler of you can only grapple on the ground..
Getting punched in the face changes things

Kron has good takedowns, drag downs and guard pulls etc but I dont know what the hell he was trying to do tonight. Maybe he was trying to prove a point that hes in the Diaz camp and has good stand up. I dunno.. but I'm certain that he could have taken Cub down if he wanted to. Really stupid decision..costed him the fight and he took damage. I'll say this though, Krob showed good chin, good toughness. More than I ever gave him credit for. I think he looked good for only 5 fights.

Uh....you think he looked good on the wrong side of a fight against a guy who's 1-4 in his last five. Think about that.

People expect just because you have the last name Gracie that you have to be some world beater.

Take away his last name and you have a guy who made it to the highest level of the sport. That's an impressive achievement for anyone.

Aoki is a judo BB and started since he was a kid.
Jacare is a judo BB and he used to be pretty good at it .

Aoki is a legit Judoka. Jacare is a guy with a Judo black belt. Just like Nog is. Or Mousasi is.

People expect just because you have the last name Gracie that you have to be some world beater.

Take away his last name and you have a guy who made it to the highest level of the sport. That's an impressive achievement for anyone.

Not really. It would be easy for anyone to make it to the top level of a sport if their family pioneered it, if their father was a living legend, and if you were practicing the sport non stop from the time you could walk.

kron was a punching bag for the whole fight. surprisingly it almost worked and cub was about to pass out from exhaustion.

Unfortunately, the "punching bag strategy" usually only lasts for a few fights...then you add about 5-10 premature fighter years to your body. There are a few who can do it much longer, like Roy Nelson, but that style (and his refusal to get in better physical shape) didn't help his career either.

Not really. It would be easy for anyone to make it to the top level of a sport if their family pioneered it, if their father was a living legend, and if you were practicing the sport non stop from the time you could walk.

Exactly. I hear people talk about how both Royce and Ken Shamrock were "experienced grapplers" at the time. Ken's first Pancrase match was less than 2 months before UFC 1. He had at most 1 year of training, probably more like 6 months. Royce had learned BJJ since he was in diapers and had done dozens of Gracie Challenge type fights. The surprising thing wasn't Royce's success, but how the sport quickly evolved and caught up with the Gracies. Royce's win streak only lasted 13 months. His last UFC win was in December 1994.

I thought he did alright considering the experience gap between him and Cub.

Aoki is a legit Judoka. Jacare is a guy with a Judo black belt. Just like Nog is. Or Mousasi is.

But Jacare's TDs and overall grappling are better. Aoki got absolutely manhandled on the ground by Gilbert Melendez, who was a good wrestler, but certainly not Khabib level.

You know Nick Diaz was watching and is probably calling it a fix and a farce that his boy Kron got robbed!
3e3998136cb3585e9e9bdea3fdadbfe0_md.jpg

"B-bu-but-but homey. Ma boy stuck to the game plan. These fookin judges mang don't know shit. I-In-ina street fight bro, Kron had that shit locked up. Cub was all slimey. Vaseline, Bright lights, Invisible lube and shit bro's! P-Pr-Pretty sure they drugged Kron with expired monster drinks and opium. Bro's like cmon dudes! Shits fucking more whacked then me having to pay taxes! "

Seriously. I mean what the heck do you expect when you seek out Nick Diaz to be your trainer? The fight went as expected in that regards.

Yep, Aoki got manhandled by Gil Melendez, who was a pretty good wrestler in his prime but no Khabib. Aoki wouldn't have done well at all against UFC competition...it would've looked like his fight vs. Gil or his rematch vs. Eddie Alvarez.

Or his first fight with Joachim Hansen, lol 'Hellboy' beat Aoki's ass bad, just shut his cocky ass right up, in Japan, humiliated him in front of his home crowd, never seen Joachim so happy as on that evening.

And I'm not taking about the striking, that was expected. Is this supposed to be a grappler? How the f* can you call yourself an elite grappler with not even the basic fundamental understanding of stand-up grappling, throws or takedowns.
Wtf is gracie Jiu-Jitsu? Didn't it evolved from Judo and yet I not even poor judo technique they can display.

Ridiculous... Don't ever call yourself a grappler of you can only grapple on the ground..

Ok keyboard warrior lol.

he is trash in mma, grappling is one aspect... he can grapple and wrestle his dad's 61 year old pepe

Back