That's was f* ridiculous (kron)

But Jacare's TDs and overall grappling are better. Aoki got absolutely manhandled on the ground by Gilbert Melendez, who was a good wrestler, but certainly not Khabib level.

obviously someone didn't watch that fight. Melendez avoid Aokis' groundgame like it was fucking super dose of AIDS.
Jacare's TDs aren't better.

And I'm not taking about the striking, that was expected. Is this supposed to be a grappler? How the f* can you call yourself an elite grappler with not even the basic fundamental understanding of stand-up grappling, throws or takedowns.
Wtf is gracie Jiu-Jitsu? Didn't it evolved from Judo and yet I not even poor judo technique they can display.

Ridiculous... Don't ever call yourself a grappler of you can only grapple on the ground..
Your English no so good...no?

I think shields was a wrestler first, may be wrong though. Palhares never had great takedowns, he was just steroided out if his mind.
Shields was a good wrestler but not great. Not very aggressive in his takedowns where his athleticism lacked a little but his technique has always been top notch. Enter Jiu Jitsu where technique IMO surpasses most other physicality gifts that your opponent may have over you, where Shields exceeds in. Any top wrestler who can dedicated their time into learning submissions will dominate if not most MMA bouts. Matt Hughes, Randy Couture, Fedor, GSP, Tito, Sakuraba even Bj Penn & R.Arona were front runners in adding & meshing wrestling and submission grappling to their arsenal. Khabib has practically mastered it and perfectly applied it into modern MMA where everyone is well verse in everything but he exceeds in it.

Shields was a good wrestler but not great. Not very aggressive in his takedowns where his athleticism lacked a little but his technique has always been top notch. Enter Jiu Jitsu where technique IMO surpasses most other physicality gifts that your opponent may have over you, where Shields exceeds in. Any top wrestler who can dedicated their time into learning submissions will dominate if not most MMA bouts. Matt Hughes, Randy Couture, Fedor, GSP, Tito, Sakuraba even Bj Penn & R.Arona were front runners in adding & meshing wrestling and submission grappling to their arsenal. Khabib has practically mastered it and perfectly applied it into modern MMA where everyone is well verse in everything but he exceeds in it.

strongly disagree. Not the greatest pedigree but that means nothing because he is one of the most effective

Bjj gyms 99% start on the knees, it’s a problem

I thought about this as well and its a huge problem. I remember doing bjj classes and towards the end of the classes we'd start rolling,it always started on the ground. They need to change this up so that it always start standing and implement more takedown and takedown defence drills.

strongly disagree. Not the greatest pedigree but that means nothing because he is one of the most effective
not saying he isn't great. I for one has him up as one of the best sub grapplers that has competed in MMA, I mean he was giving Askren fits years ago granted Askren was transitioning into Mma.

The amount of bad English on page 1 is ridiculous. Hope its cos of alcohol

And I'm not taking about the striking, that was expected. Is this supposed to be a grappler? How the f* can you call yourself an elite grappler with not even the basic fundamental understanding of stand-up grappling, throws or takedowns.
Wtf is gracie Jiu-Jitsu? Didn't it evolved from Judo and yet I not even poor judo technique they can display.

Ridiculous... Don't ever call yourself a grappler of you can only grapple on the ground..
Come on, Swanson exhibited great "self defense" in that fight. That guy will never be raped in a dark alley.

Your English no so good...no?

Expected when you speak 3 languages. The irony is that with this poor English I was able to achiece education levels higher than the great majority of U.S born people with much better English.

jake shields mauled hendo

It was so weird the first time I cross trained with then.

“we start to roll on our knees”

me(judo background)
“Why? thats half of my learning throw away”

BJJ friends
“Well that gives you an advantage we don’t have”

me
“Okey...”

which was funny because in Judo you actually have osaekomi training only but the reverse doesn’t happen in some BJJ dojos.

yoru making this shit up out of your royal ass... The reason why most bjj start on their knees is because the lack of space, there is zero chances someone tells you “because that gives you and advantage we don’t have” rolls are just training not competitions, gtfo with that take...

Has a Gracie ever had good stand-up?

This

But you have to give Kron some credit he has a good chin and absorbed alot if body punches he did land a lot of punches as well but his striking and coming forward getting countered was probably to close distance and try get his hands in Cub

Cub even though he has been losing a lot of his last fights still has good enough striking to be able to beat Kron fairly easily

Kron needs a lesser ranked fighter but I don't see him having much success in the UFC moving forwards with top ten guys unless he improves his striking adds kicks and goes for single or doubles even though he is not a wrestler this would help him alot taking it to the ground

Great fight congrats to both of them

Last edited:
Maia is a judo BB

Yeah, but he's also been training with D 1 and/or Olympic level wrestlers for like 14 years. His great run at WW coincided with his increased focus on wrestling in his camps.

Last edited:
You guys are insane. Are there still BJJ gyms that are exclusively on the knees for rolling? I am pretty sure any gym that competes has a mixture for both. With that said, I don't think Kron's gym competes much anymore

Back