That's the best Bisping I've ever seen.

Come on then, genius. Please explain how exactly Bisping's fighting style resembles Leben's. This should be good.
He's a midcarder, an overachieving gatekeeper at best, he's got nothing to offer. No striking, no counter punching/defense, no ground game. Feed him some midcarders, let him talk and sell some PPV's, that's his career. Don't get too butthurt now, Brit.

He's a midcarder, an overachieving gatekeeper at best, he's got nothing to offer. No striking, no counter punching/defense, no ground game. Feed him some midcarders, let him talk and sell some PPV's, that's his career. Don't get too butthurt now, Brit.
Leben choked out Akiyama, so he has at least some ground game.

Bisping puts asses in seats, Leben didn't.

Leben has an iron chin, Bisping doesn't.

Bisping values footwork and output, Leben plodded forward swing for the fences.

So nothing like Leben then, apart from neither of them are sniffing the belt anytime soon.

Not butthurt, just calling you out on a ridiculous analogy.

No dirty tactics involved, Bisping simply let his guard down and got caught. Accept it.

The guy basically lost his left eye in a fight last year. Now, his mouthpiece goes to the ground. Of course he wants to get it back to protect himself, to protect what's left in his face lol, he suffered a lot before, he trusted on sportsmanship this time and he got kneed in the face, it was a cheap shot. Anderson absolutely knew he was looking to the side, there are no idiots in the higher level of this game.

It sure was legal, but still dirty, nonetheless. Funny thing is, if he didn't try honey dicking everyone by jumping on the cage, Bisping wouldn't have been able to answer the bell. Easy UD for The Count without dirty tactics.
It wasn't dirty. If you're that stupid that you're talking to the ref during the fjfbt then a knee to the teeth is just what the doctor ordered. Life is harder for stupid people. It isn't anyone's fault but theirs.

Leben choked out Akiyama, so he has at least some ground game.

Bisping puts asses in seats, Leben didn't.

Leben has an iron chin, Bisping doesn't.

Bisping values footwork and output, Leben plodded forward swing for the fences.

So nothing like Leben then, apart from neither of them are sniffing the belt anytime soon.

Not butthurt, just calling you out on a ridiculous analogy.
One more time, they are both underachieving gate keepers, both guys can't strike for shit, neither guy has a ground game worth shit. That's all. I don't give a shit if you think Bisping has better footwork or if Leben's chin is better. That's not the point. I know you have to stick up for your fellow Brit but that's just the truth, stop being butthurt. Anybody who is a little unbiased would see the similarities between the two, or any other gatekeeper who can't strike, wrestle or submit you on the ground for that matter. Insert any name you want, I used Leben.

One more time, they are both underachieving gate keepers, both guys can't strike for shit, neither guy has a ground game worth shit. That's all. I don't give a shit if you think Bisping has better footwork or if Leben's chin is better. That's not the point. I know you have to stick up for your fellow Brit but that's just the truth, stop being butthurt. Anybody who is a little unbiased would see the similarities between the two, or any other gatekeeper who can't strike, wrestle or submit you on the ground for that matter. Insert any name you want, I used Leben.
Ok Captain Generalization, whatever you say. You're the one that sounds butt hurt, btw, so vehemently trying to discredit Bisping's win.

Yeah I remember vividly. Virtually everyone he faced fought his fight. The bout was often won before the opening bell. The guy had and has incredible skill but he's facing tougher opponents who aren't playing his games.

Absolute, pure, utter dogshit. You've heard an idiot say this, and are now repeating it just as idiotically, without bothering to engage your brain and realize this is complete fantasy.

In 2008, Anderson Silva faced Dan Henderson. Dan Henderson was completely undaunted by facing Anderson, and quickly took Silva down, used top control and GnP, and tried to win that way. Despite using the right gameplan, as soon as he was trapped on the feet with Anderson he got smoked. The bout was obviously not won before the first bell, Dan Henderson is as mentally tough as they have ever come, and he used a very smart gameplan and had considerable success with it. But Silva's greatness overcome this.

I could write similar paragraphs about how both Nate Marquardt and Travis Lutter both tried to capitalize on what they thought was Anderson's weakness on the ground, attacked him aggressively, and were repelled by a vastly superior fighter. They didn't fight Anderson's fights, they fought the fight they thought best to beat him. They got smoked, because Anderson was better than their very best attempts.

Demian Maia and Patrick Cote, both were undaunted, both came to fight, as game as you can get and have proven this throughout their long careers, but the fact is they were stuck on the feet with Anderson because they couldn't do anything else with him, and they got dominated. Absolutely nothing to do with a choice of fighting his fight or of being mentally defeated, as both guys kept trying till the very end, they were simply thrashed by a phenomenon, there was nothing else they could've done.

Rich Franklin and Chris Leben - these guys were strikers. How is striking therefore playing into Anderson's hands? They can't just become world-class wrestlers because you want them to. Fighters fight how they fight, those guys were strikers before they fought Anderson, and were strikers after they fought him. They came to fight, they did their best, and they were devoured by a guy who was just much, much better than them at their own strengths. There was no other way for these guys to fight - and both guys were extremely confident going into those fights, make no mistake about that. To say either were defeated mentally before they tangled with Anderson is just bullshit, pure and simple.

So there you go, 7 fights from within that time-period which prove you are simply bleating out ill-informed rubbish you've heard like a retarded sheep. Please engage your brain next time and stop passing off second-hand stupidity as independent thought.

I'll admit that Bisping let his guard down, arguing with Herb like an idiot. Those tactics from Anderson were dirty though. He knew what was up and tried to use it to his advantage. I know its legal, but if one of my favorite fighters did that, I'd be very disappointed.

I'll tell you this, my fighters won't do it. None of them would.

That indicates it's dirty.

I feel like this isn't being talked about at all. I'm not a big Bisping fan, but I feel like he fought the perfect fight. Much of the time, he was making all the right moves. Surviving (barely) a Silva with bad intentions for 25 minutes is no easy task. I think Bisping executed and stuck to a great gameplan, having the guts and timing to push forward on Anderson. I was highly impressed with him tonight, even if Anderson took his foot off of the pedal at times.
Everything you said is exactly true...not only that some of the people who said Anderson won in the many threads about the match up need to rewatch the fight and if they cant see Bispin won rnds 1,2 and 4 they need to get the needle out of their arm ,I didn't even want Bispin to win either.

It sure was legal, but still dirty, nonetheless. Funny thing is, if he didn't try honey dicking everyone by jumping on the cage, Bisping wouldn't have been able to answer the bell. Easy UD for The Count without dirty tactics.

Nothing dirty about it. Fighters don't just get to ask for a time out whenever they feel like it. The rules state that if a fighter loses a mouth guard, the ref has to wait for a lull in the action to give it back to him, otherwise fighters would be spitting their mouth pieces out every time they get swarmed.

"Protect yourself at all times".

I agree, he was very tuned in for this fight, definitely the best Bisping yet, even before the fight when I saw training footage and the workouts I was thinking Damn Bisping looks really good.

He wanted it real bad, as evidenced by the fact he was kicking Anderson's ass then nearly got KO'd and still came back to win the next round and ultimately the fight.

I feel like this isn't being talked about at all. I'm not a big Bisping fan, but I feel like he fought the perfect fight. Much of the time, he was making all the right moves. Surviving (barely) a Silva with bad intentions for 25 minutes is no easy task. I think Bisping executed and stuck to a great gameplan, having the guts and timing to push forward on Anderson. I was highly impressed with him tonight, even if Anderson took his foot off of the pedal at times.
Not to mention the dude only has one eye

Bisping loses to Silva 9/10 times.

Back