That's the best Bisping I've ever seen.

Er, because he's shot to fuck?

If you dont think he is massively declined as a fighter from his peak, I'd put it to you that you do not understand this sport.
Silva looked fantastic for good portions of that fight, I don't see any evidence that he's declined all that badly. If he'd been less arrogant he would have been more aggressive and taken that fight.

The one thing I really noticed was how much better he did keeping his chin tucked.

Silva looked fantastic for good portions of that fight, I don't see any evidence that he's declined all that badly. If he'd been less arrogant he would have been more aggressive and taken that fight.

You're not serious...

...Did you actually ever see Anderson Silva fight between 2006 and 2009?

Er, because he's shot to fuck?

If you dont think he is massively declined as a fighter from his peak, I'd put it to you that you do not understand this sport.
Sometimes people get hit, maybe Bisping did well and Silva lost a step? I saw some incredible blocks, reactions, dodges. Didn't look shot to me. Why do you think he was? But careful, don't give Bisping any credit while you do it

Listen, i have no bias when it comes to M.Bisping so what im posting comes from the heart....

Did Bisping win fight ? --based on 10pt. system, yes I had Mike winning 3 rounds.

How good did Michael look in winning ??---
Not very good cause last night VALIDATED THE FACT that Bispings power will likely keep him from fighting for title.Unless someone gets injured and he gets the call, I dont see him getting a shot at mw strap.
The fact that Anderson was on the wrong end of combos and the 1st,2nd and 4th rounds tells me that Anderson will likely pen contracts vs. stand up fighters at 185 and 205 to finish up career.
A fight vs. Glover could be a nice fight for Anderson as Glover is slow and chinny and that would be a big win vs. a top 5 205er.
Id like to see Bisping fight Whitaker--a fight where we can see exactly where Bisping is right now.

Sometimes people get hit, maybe Bisping did well and Silva lost a step? I saw some incredible blocks, reactions, dodges. Didn't look shot to me. Why do you think he was? But careful, don't give Bisping any credit while you do it

I'm not going to give Bisping credit for beating a prime Anderson Silva, because he didn't. Why do I think he was shot? Because he fought like it. Because he has been fighting like it since 2011, and it is now 2016. The Silva of the Diaz, Weidman, and Bonnar fights was clearly not the same guy as 2006-2009. Fighters age and decline. Your argument is with the physiology of the human body, not with me.

It's the same reason I didn't give Chris Leben credit for beating a prime Wanderlei Silva, same reason I didn't give Rich Franklin credit for beating a prime Chuck Liddell, same reason I didn't give Gegard Mousasi credit for beating a prime Dan Henderson, same reason I didn't give Ryan Bader or Glover Teixeira credit for beating a prime Rampage Jackson, and so on and so on. Countless examples, hundreds of them.

This is one of the most basic things about combat sports. I find it laughable that you need this explained to you, why a 41 year old man who has been pro since 1997 is not in the full bloom of youth anymore. Laughable.

It is nothing unique to Bisping, it is the reality of the sport (and of human beings in general), regardless of whether it upsets immature, infantile, ill-informed, blinkered fanboys like you or not.

Don't ask for a fucking timeout in the middle of a fight lol it was a perfectly legit strike.

May have been "legal" but it was totally dishonorable. The low actions of a desperate man who knew he was losing a fight.

If someone had done the same thing to Andy his fanboys would be screaming bloody murder.

he did well better than i expected the only time things really went down hill was after the mouth piece incident he started to bleed a lot as well which you could tell was messing up his vision bad and that cutman did a horrible job

if he didn't lose his focus in that fight im sure that knee would have never been thrown or landed and then we wouldn't get 50 threads saying how he lose

I wish people would stop saying Anderson is clowning round.

He admitted after the first Weidman fight that he is trying to lure his opponent into leading first so he can counter him. Lots of counter punchers do this type of thing: Roy Jones, Naseem Hamed, Conor McGregor, James Toney, Saenchai etc. Sometimes it is called 'playing Possum'.

It is a tactic. It sometimes works well. However, he runs the risk of looking like an arrogant idiot when it fails (Weidman fight).

Anderson almost tore his face off. It took Bisping 150 clean punches to the chin to knock Anderson down once. Anybody worth a damn would have KO'd Silva about 45 times that day without taking any damage. Bisping is Chris Leben minus the drugs.

I'm pretty sure it was the second Hughes fight in which the ref warned him several times for spiking.
Good to see Redhawks in full butthurt damage control mode after Bisping's win.

You're not serious...

...Did you actually ever see Anderson Silva fight between 2006 and 2009?
Yeah I remember vividly. Virtually everyone he faced fought his fight. The bout was often won before the opening bell. The guy had and has incredible skill but he's facing tougher opponents who aren't playing his games.

Certainly I don't think theres been a massive Nog/Crocop like dropoff from Anderson, I would say he looked a bit slower in this fight compared to a few years ago(and more compaired to 10 years ago) but still he wasn't slow.

I actually think though that Bisping would always have been quite a tough fight for Silva when he'd shifted to his "matrix" style rather than the old aggressive Chute Boxe MT of the mid 00's. Really since 2009 Anderson has been all about forcing opponents to leave him clear openings by breaking them mentally but I think Bisping is tougher mentally than say Sonnen, Okami, Forrest, Bonnar, etc.

Bispings weakness is IMHO aggressive strikers like Vitor, Wanderlei and Rockhold who can get in his face and exploit his relative lack of chin/power. When that happens he leaves openings but beyond the mouthguard incident he didn't leave Silva any clear openings and never really got sloppy the way guys like Forrest did.

silva has declined no two ways about it,but he's still one of the most dangerous strikers you could face. one moment of inattention by bisping proved that, but mike stuck to the plan,didn't fall for andersons mind games and ground out a ud. anderson didn't go balls out with his striking because he can't,thats not mikes fault.

Don't ask for a fucking timeout in the middle of a fight lol it was a perfectly legit strike.

Haha Andy was getting decisively beaten and only started winning because Bisping stopped fighting and took a near-KO shot which fucked him up bad. Still won the next round. Predictably lost round 5 through which he was blind and wiping blood out of his eyes every half a second.

No mouthguard issue = possible 5 round decision for Bisping loool. Holy fuck who would have thought it.

He has been better earlier in his career. Timing met opportunity though, so the magnitude made it seem like he was a better fighter.

I disagree. After the 1st Round Bisping didn't do anything amazing. He always fights smart but he's had plenty of better fights stopping guys in dominant fashion.

He was one punch away from being finished against a Spider running at 65 maybe 70 percent of his former self.

Back