That moment you felt you were witnessing greatness

Edgar/Maynard 2. 2nd round, about a minute in. Edgar has just had the shit beaten out of him for 5 mins and it could have been stopped several times. Edgar comes out, exchanges, I think he shoots on one knee, picks up Maynard and slams him into the canvas. Immediately establishes dominance when previously it looked like there was no way he could have won the fight.

I remember jumping up, screaming something lame like "you are my fucking hero!" and realising this so called "point-fighter" was up there with the most bad ass fighters in the company.

When silva crushed leben
When Conor fought holloway
When bones threw spinning elbows back in the day

Fucking hell dude. Too far.
I forgot the spoiler tags... what have I done?

jjobGm.gif

TJ Dillashaw vs Barao was probably first one... another notable is Aldo - Mcgregor for sure... there can be many more to add, but I find those 2 to be biggest

493687787.jpg

I'm sad I couldn't find photo of Barao corner in their first fight, after round 1... there you can see fear and terror in his wide open eyes... probably he realized then that he has no answer to TJ's movement and hits

Ronda made Cat Zingano tap out of fear. She didn't even have a good armbar but Cat was so scared of having her arm broken she tapped. Amazing intimidation from a great fighter in Ronda. Yep.... and then Holly shocks the world.

I'd watch that fight again if i were you.

Fedor for many years did that for me. i first saw him when he is sitting ringside for Mirko/Nog and when Nog won,and commentators said Fedor had beaten Nog for the belt,i was like man i have to watch this guy fight! but in 2003 it wasnt so easy to watch whatever fight you wanted...so...

Then i remember reading in ask the fighters forum on here,someone asked Bas how does Fedor get such devastating punching power,and now i REALLY needed to see this guy fight,and i tracked down the fight with Nog and i was hooked ever since. Every time he fought something crazy would happen. The beautiful armbar against coleman,the survival of the randleplex etc etc. He just kept winning and winning,and even nogueira after all his years he must have visualized what he had to do to beat Fedor,Fedor would just come with something else,and outsmart him,and then he beat his most dangerous rival Mirko,in the fight of fights....and still it would be 5 more YEARS he would keep on winning. That was greatness to me. When he Kod arlovski,i just shook my head in disbelief. How can someone award his fans as much as this guy did!?!

When Jon Jones cracked Brandon Vera's face in. I knew that he would be a champion one day.

When Jon Jones cracked Brandon Vera's face in. I knew that he would be a champion one day.

i thought hed be champion before that...since the bonnar fight...but! in the vera fight...i thought if someone could get him itd be through an armbar...i thought Vera almost had something there,that his long arm would be a weakness in that position...well Vitor went for it,and Jones denied it! but it was close!

i thought hed be champion before that...since the bonnar fight...but! in the vera fight...i thought if someone could get him itd be through an armbar...i thought Vera almost had something there,that his long arm would be a weakness in that position...well Vitor went for it,and Jones denied it! but it was close!

At the time I hadn't seen the Bonnar fight because I wasn't a MMA fan at the time. First Jones match I saw was when he faced Jake O'Brien at UFC 100. I was so green I didn't understand shit that was going on. Then when he fought Vera, I was very much into the sport and started to understand things. Seeing that fight, I thought the guy was a monster.

Fedor beating Herring so bad he tried to crawl out of the ring.

Shogun beating 7 shades of shit out of Rampage (damn those knees)

When RDA wrecked Conor and made it look easy.

Fedor beating Herring so bad he tried to crawl out of the ring.

imagine if that had been in the octagon hahaha. The fight woulda been over right there.

Back