That moment you felt you were witnessing greatness

BoilingFrenchIrishredandwhitesetter.gif

wonderbrah making hendricks look like a damn fool. that was incredible

Bit too recent but yeah true.

Cruz' UFC return after the long layoff was pretty great imo
BCuGMS5.jpg

The creation of Shadface is a big one for me.

The Machida era may have been brief in hindsight, but damned if it didn't start off with a bang.

Jones - Shogun

I was in awe of Jones,

Feel free to disagree but I think he was better when he was younger..
I 100% agree, at this point I still think he is the best but that Jones could have destroyed anyone in their prime.

To lazy to do the gif
All of these fights fall into the category
-randy smashing chuck in 1st fight
-Fedor Vs randleman
-Penn Vs gomi
-Jones Vs shogun (6wks after smashing an undefeated bader)

No gif, but Jones manhandling Bonnar like noone else ever did and the way he did it.

Jones - Bonnar: complete manhandling of a very skilled opponent. I remember thinking "this kid is gonna shake things up".

This 100%. Remember watching this fight with my brother, and I told him "I honestly think this guy is gonna be champ, he´s different, as long as he gets his cardio up a bit". In the fight with Bonnar he gassed pretty hard in the end.

But yeah, that was one of the few times I watched a fighter for the first time and was completely convinced he´s gonna be top 3 in his division.

Frankie Edgar KO'ing Gray Maynard in their rubber match. That was something. He came such a long way from his initial loss to Gray to taking his lights out in their third fight. I looked at what happened and thought "damn, that's hard work right there". They had such a closely contested war in their second fight, and Frankie still found motivation to keep going after that bout ended in a draw. Champion mentality.

10.gif

Back