That moment you felt you were witnessing greatness

Old school Vitor's hand speed

GSP vs Frank Trigg

Matt Hughes' original title run/reign

Man. Those are good choices. I felt the same way about all of them. Vitor has always had a chance against anybody in the world at any weight because of his hands.

And Matt Hughes. I remember he was the surest bet in MMA for a long time. He was so damn dominant. I remember reading the Sherdog columns on the front page and they would say stuff like "the only guarantees in life are death, taxes and Matt Hughes winning."

It was unfathomable to think of Hughes losing. But then GSP came along and was even more well rounded and even more dominant.

He prepared for a striker, then fought a wrestler, which was supposed to be his worst stylistic match up. He fought back thru adversity & knocked the guy out. He deserves massive credit. Besides, this whole thread is completely opinionated. Maybe when you watched that fight you didn't see greatness, but it was the fight that convinced me Conor would go down as an all time great.
I watched the fight and defenitely recognized that Conor is a real option to go into the all time great discussion. But the two weeks notice is still rubbish even with your match up blabla. Everybody knows Mendes was the one with the disadvantage there.

i forget why but i missed Anderson vs Forrest live

but i saw the ESPN highlights where they said "Anderson looked scary good"
i had to immediately find a way to watch it, i was still blown away

Don-Frye-Vs.-Yoshihiro-Takayama.gif

Penn-Uno-KTFO.gif

Pretty much all already mentioned.
Fedor destroying Big Nog on the ground. Anderson's destroying Forrest Griffin to the point his reputation was never the same. Penn demolishing Stevenson and Sherk, JBJ's complete destruction of Shogun.

One that I will say sadly didn't quite fulfill the legacy but still made it to the top of the sport is JDS vs Werdum.

With that uppercut i knew then that Junior was going to be a champion and he could do it for a long time. He made it to the belt and defended it at least. But it wasn't meant to be.

One of the greatest comebacks in sports:

Jones when he tossed bonnar and spinning back elbow

Gsp when he slaughtered hieron and trigg

Bj when he took hughes back and choked him out

Holly. Has to be Holly...my god I love Holly.

GettyImages-497205582.jpg

Jones/Bonnar got me excited for him, but Jones/Shogun sealed the deal. I knew then that I was watching the start of something special.

Back