• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law Texas Gov. Greg Abbott directs use of buses to drop off migrants at steps of Capitol in DC

Mississippi likes it and has started their own program.

This would be a great idea but there's also a lopsided ratio of: useful, educated and legal immigrants to the bottom of the barrel, dependent laborer border bum rushers, and the illicit trafficking that goes with the scenario of an unmitigated border.

What's there now is a Narco's wet dream.

We have plenty enough people capable of mowing lawns and raking up leaves at this point. We really don't need a million more of those.

Many of these people work in a cash barter economy and aren't paying taxes on any of that. What you're suggesting isn't bad, but it needs to be coupled with controlling who comes in, and how no?

No doubt there are some dodgy fucks coming in. But the main reason most are operating in a cash-barter economy is because they are forced to. And this is also a big part of how their exploitation is making Americans wealthier. And not just giant corporations. The bottom of the barrel lawn mowers you refer to prop up an ethically flexible citizen at our collective expense. Not only is the illegal not paying income tax, but the employer is not paying payroll tax or contributing into SS/Medicare.

As for border mitigation, I strongly suspect if Republicans agreed to make legal immigration fast easy and free, with few limitations, Democrats would be willing to fund all manner of border protections to make sure the 'legals' went through the right place and got their work card. Though personally I am not sure how much would be needed if people could some legally. Sure some criminals and drug dealers would try and sneak over, but the majority of that happens at chekcpoints already.

Last edited:
Not going to believe it until I see it. Abbott’s been a fraud for many years on the illegal alien issue. He’s done nothing and it’s gotten much worse over the last decade.

900 buses x 30-50 people per bus = 27k-45k a trip.

Gonna take about 100 round trips to even make a dent in the problem. All talk imo.

Just like the wall idea - it’s not needed and logistically stupid.

Why not just ban these people from welfare, government services and housing? Jail employers that hire these people. That’s how you fix this problem.
He can't ban people from federal assistance. And he won't jail employers because that would require regulatory oversight and he doesn't want to piss off his corporate backers.

This bus thing is just the right type of political theater that sounds tough and helps you get re-elected.

No doubt there are some dodgy fucks coming in. But the main reason most are operating in a cash-barter economy is because they are forced to. And this is also a big part of how their exploitation is making Americans wealthier. And not just for giant corporations. The bottom of the barrel lawn mowers you refer to are propping up an ethically flexible citizen at our collective expense. Not only is the illegal not paying income tax, but the employer is not paying payroll tax or contributing into SS/Medicare.

As for border mitigation, I strongly suspect if Republicans agreed to make legal immigration fast easy and free, with few limitations, Democrats would be willing to fund all manner of border protections to make sure the 'legals' went through the right place and got their work card.

I think both parties like the current system. It gives their true constituents what they want, and keeps the rest divided while they collect their loot.

I think both parties like the current system. It gives their true constituents what they want, and keeps the rest divided while they collect their loot.

I'd say there is something to that and it is immensely frustrating.

lived balto a few years many moons ago ........ os the fells point area still nice at least?
I loved in Baltimore in 07-08. So for me man. Fella point was decent back then. Now? Got me

here-i-am-curtis-james-jackson-iii.gif

He can't ban people from federal assistance. And he won't jail employers because that would require regulatory oversight and he doesn't want to piss off his corporate backers.

This bus thing is just the right type of political theater that sounds tough and helps you get re-elected.
If he follows through even a few times I’ll laugh though

Its fucking hilarious and i hope it forces the potato to fix this.

But he wont.

It's awesome. I love it. The only thing better would be dropping them off on the front lawn of Pelosi, Schumer, AOC, et al.

I'd say there is something to that and it is immensely frustrating.

he’s 100% spot on. As much as republicans talk about unity and getting our country back to the middle class and people end of the day there are plenty of rinos saying ehh this is kinda good for us

true. I also think having the buses waiting near the border is going to clog up legal traffic, including shipping trucks. So this would give incentive for those on the Mexican side to curtail illegals crossing, as it is going to block their trade coming in to Texas.
Abbot is already stopping trucks at the border. There’s a 9mile backup.

he’s 100% spot on. As much as republicans talk about unity and getting our country back to the middle class and people end of the day there are plenty of rinos saying ehh this is kinda good for us
Republican policy has led to the destruction of the middle class.

Every state deals with this shit every day.
Every state and big business also benefitted tremendously from the cheap labor of illegals. The cheap labor both hurt and helped Americans because while it lowered wages for some jobs it also kept prices of food and services down.

Back