Law Texas Gov. Greg Abbott directs use of buses to drop off migrants at steps of Capitol in DC

So apparently this little stunt backfired, and all it did was help migrants get closer to Miami... while causing massive interruption to the supply chains
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/04/greg-abbott-border-stunt-mess

Right wing dipshits taking another L

EDIT: All paid for by the Texas taxpayer... well done dummies, the migrants appreciate the free ride

I've gotta be blind lol. Where in your article does it say Abbott's re-routing of illegals to DC is making it easier for them to get to Miami? Or do you just mean distance?

The Biden govt should provide instant citizenship to any migrant transported to DC. They should then offer free transport back to which ever state sent them, or a state of their choosing.
Legislative branch makes laws/rules/guidance in regards to citizenship, not the executive branch.

I agree and we go after Republicans that aren't will to do what is needed. I've supported driving employers that continue to hire illegals into bankruptcy through fines. To secure the boarder you have to make it impossible almost for an illegal to get a job. You do that by making employers so scared of the fines for doing so that they want nothing to do with hiring them.

However when you actually say and supported this and confront the left that call this out with a plan to do this they go quite because now illegals can't get jobs and they don't want that.

Also we need to make e verify a requirement for welfare and food stamps or any other government assistance. Then also secure the border.
We need to stop calling out the left on this. We need to call out our own leadership. That's my point. That's why I posted the thing about Abbot's LT. Gov. It's Texas, if they wanted to make it hard on businesses, they don't need the left to do that.

What we're doing is saying "Hey, left, why don't you do X?" Meanwhile, we hold the power to do it ourselves and aren't. That doesn't make sense to me.

It's like refusing to cut your own lawn until your neighbor helps you do it. You don't need him to do what you need to do. So all that talk about "every time I tell my neighbor to come help cut my lawn, I get crickets," is pointless. Just cut the lawn, regardless of your neighbor's assistance. But we're not cutting out own lawn. Why? Because we want to sit inside and watch football. And so long as we can claim that our neighbor isn't helping us, we can sit on the couch and blame him. Instead of taking responsibility and just cutting it ourselves.

Romney and Cotton introduced the Higher Wages for American Workers Act which would mandate E-Verify. Menendez and Linda Sánchez introduced the Bicameral U.S. Citizenship Act which would mandate E-Verify. Both have been buried in the Senate and the House respectively. A third of the Democratic candidates in 2020 were against E-verify, a third were for it, and a third (including Biden and Harris) refused to state where they stand on it. Illegals are political football that are good for campaigning and fund raising. Neither side has any interest in enforcement. If it was an actual problem they wanted to solve, like funding weapons to Ukraine, they'd do some rushed vote at 2am to enforce E-verify. Instead they want it as an example of cruelty from the other side.
That's what I'm saying. It's why I'm kind of over the empty pontificating from the GOP. McConnell can force through Supreme Court Justices, hold up others, we can get weapons to the Ukraine (as you said)...and we say "Oh, it's the Democrats why we can't pass anti-hiring legislation."

And that's just the federal excuse making. Look at the Southwest states and which ones have majority GOP state houses and that enforcement isn't really there either. Even if the fed can't agree on something, the states could do their own things here. It's already illegal under federal law so they wouldn't be stepping on the federal government's toes to manage their own internal hiring rules. They just refuse to take on the responsibility because they don't want to be the bad guy. They're too comfortable saying that the left is the bad guy or that the federal government is the bad guy. It's all a crock to me.

We need to stop calling out the left on this. We need to call out our own leadership. That's my point. That's why I posted the thing about Abbot's LT. Gov. It's Texas, if they wanted to make it hard on businesses, they don't need the left to do that.

What we're doing is saying "Hey, left, why don't you do X?" Meanwhile, we hold the power to do it ourselves and aren't. That doesn't make sense to me.

It's like refusing to cut your own lawn until your neighbor helps you do it. You don't need him to do what you need to do. So all that talk about "every time I tell my neighbor to come help cut my lawn, I get crickets," is pointless. Just cut the lawn, regardless of your neighbor's assistance. But we're not cutting out own lawn. Why? Because we want to sit inside and watch football. And so long as we can claim that our neighbor isn't helping us, we can sit on the couch and blame him. Instead of taking responsibility and just cutting it ourselves.

It's not going to happen unless we control the congress and white house totally. Even then we will have internal struggles to get it done.

My point in calling out the left on this is its bullshit on their part when they would would fight and scream racist if this was started. You know that's true. It would be "the racist right wants to starve brown women and children ". So now the left doesn't want to stop the very thing they bring up as some kind of counter point.

However I agree it's on the right to push this and this should be in the republican platform. It should be ahead of a border wall. It should be at the top of any border control platform.

That's what I'm saying. It's why I'm kind of over the empty pontificating from the GOP. McConnell can force through Supreme Court Justices, hold up others, we can get weapons to the Ukraine (as you said)...and we say "Oh, it's the Democrats why we can't pass anti-hiring legislation."

And that's just the federal excuse making. Look at the Southwest states and which ones have majority GOP state houses and that enforcement isn't really there either. Even if the fed can't agree on something, the states could do their own things here. It's already illegal under federal law so they wouldn't be stepping on the federal government's toes to manage their own internal hiring rules. They just refuse to take on the responsibility because they don't want to be the bad guy. They're too comfortable saying that the left is the bad guy or that the federal government is the bad guy. It's all a crock to me.

You are right about the states doing this and we on the right need to hold their feet to the fire on this. This is the question we need to be asking the people that want us to vote for them.

Look at these poor souls. Young men escaping the hell hole of their homeland. Props to them for being able to do that while keeping their shoes looking fresh.

88CD9848-9E73-438F-8CE8-497DC25E8376.jpeg

Except the trip to DC is voluntary.
Yeah, if you believe that. People are saying Abbott is giving them a "choice"...go to Mexico or go to DC.

This is human trafficking...there is probably child predation involved to. I heard the busses will be headed for certain Italian eateries at Abbott's direction...so says my cousins best friend's former roommate anyway.

And we should put a stop to this by fining the hell out of anyone that doesn't do e verify and hires an illegal. Fine them at such a high rate that it's not worth the risk. So a illegal would find it almost impossible to work.

I take it you support this?
I like how democrats say republicans support that (hiring illegals), but what they're really saying is RINO's and similar so-called republicans are acting against the interest of the people they sopposedly represent. Whereas democrats and their voters march lockstep in wanting illegals and accomodating them as much as possible. So there are two wars the average republican voter is fighting. Ain't the two-party system wonderful.

We need to stop calling out the left on this. We need to call out our own leadership.

I almost spit my fucking coffee out with your use of the word “we”

Yeah, if you believe that. People are saying Abbott is giving them a "choice"...go to Mexico or go to DC.

This is human trafficking...there is probably child predation involved to. I heard the busses will be headed for certain Italian eateries at Abbott's direction...so says my cousins best friend's former roommate anyway.

"People are saying"...LOL

I thought the wall? Wait, what?

Way to fix the problem. Grandstanding and "Yeaahh!" for the simple votes. Neither party looks to do the real work to help address illegal immigration affectively as long as stunts like this get voters to come out.

{<jordan}<36>

This wins the most biased, ridiculous statement of the day.

The latest reactions from the democratic mayors and their spokespeople concerning buses with immigrants arriving to their cities further proves how they are insanely hypocritical and out of touch with reality.

As long as the incompetent Biden administration sit on their hands and do nothing, Abbott and Ducey need to keep sending buses to other "sanctuary cities". These sanctuary cities have a chance to shine and show the world that they practice what they preach! :p

It's not going to happen unless we control the congress and white house totally. Even then we will have internal struggles to get it done.

My point in calling out the left on this is its bullshit on their part when they would would fight and scream racist if this was started. You know that's true. It would be "the racist right wants to starve brown women and children ". So now the left doesn't want to stop the very thing they bring up as some kind of counter point.

However I agree it's on the right to push this and this should be in the republican platform. It should be ahead of a border wall. It should be at the top of any border control platform.

I used to live in Houston and it is just understood at various businesses that unskilled labour is all illegal. It would be very easy to go after the employers, but they don't. I agree that is the most obvious way to tackle the problem.

Like you said, the left would absolutely go after conservatives if they started cracking down on employers. They'd show how it is making millions of 'undocumented Americans' and their kids destitute and so on. Both sides are at fault for this. But the left is obviously worse.

With regard to Republicans doing it on their own, they could undoubtedly do much more than they are. At least in red states. Employers are breaking the law and I assume state governments could go after them even with the laws that are already in place. And it wouldn't matter what federal or out of state politicians said about it.

But, even if Republican states decided to crack down on it, illegals would just funnel entirely into blue sanctuary states.

Last edited:
The latest reactions from the democratic mayors and their spokespeople concerning buses with immigrants arriving to their cities further proves how they are insanely hypocritical and out of touch with reality.

As long as the incompetent Biden administration sit on their hands and do nothing, Abbott and Ducey need to keep sending buses to other "sanctuary cities". These sanctuary cities have a chance to shine and show the world that they practice what they preach! :p
We should accept those immigrants but fill the buses with our homeless and send them back.

Back