Tesla Executives Continue To Flee As The Company Goes Rogue With Its Balance Sheet

JonesBones

Excuse my contraflow
@Steel
Reaction score
Rats leaving the sinking ship.

The torrent of executive departures from Tesla continued this weekend as news emerged on Friday night that Senior Vice President of Engineering Doug Field is "taking a break from the company," and the Wall Street Journalreported that Tesla’s former director of field performance engineering, Matthew Schwall, left for Alphabet's Waymo last week. Field’s decision to take a hiatus is a stinging blow for Tesla, as he was the closest thing to a "car guy" in Tesla's senior leadership team. That Field could be considered a car guy when his automotive experience, according to his LinkedIn profile, consisted of six years as an engineer at Ford that ended 25 years ago shows how bereft of automotive manufacturing experience Tesla is at the senior level.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimcol...es-rogue-with-its-balance-sheet/#2adda8f46382

main-qimg-74da78eb4402c12242b91f3781c6a423-c

May - Matthew Schwall, director of field performance engineering, exits to join Alphabet's self-driving unit, Waymo.

April - Georg Ell, director of Tesla's Western Europe operations, leaves to head UK-based Smoothwall.

March - Chief Accounting Officer Eric Branderiz exits after joining in October 2016.

March - Susan Repo, corporate treasurer and vice president of finance, exits to become chief financial officer at another company.

February - Jon McNeill, president of global sales and services, leaves to join ride-hailing company Lyft as chief operating officer.

January - Jason Mendez, director of manufacturing engineering, leaves after more than 12 years.

January - Will McColl, manager of equipment engineering, leaves after seven years.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/15/tesla-executive-departures-since-2016.html

It won't bother the acolytes. They will believe until the bitter end.

be funny if it crashes and burns. I was told the company for years had no real profits or assets and it was all future gains that why the stock price was high. Rich people betting it would strike Gold. Seem like perfect company for smarter rich people to break up and collapse and somehow get the intellectual property and designs.

operating income negative for years or for it entire existence
revenue expenses keep increasing
R&D keep rapidly increasing
negative net income for years and still negative no signs of turning around
exploding current liabilites and long term debt.

Last edited:
be funny if it crashes and burns. I was told the company for years had no real profits or assets and it was all future gains that why the stock price was high. Rich people betting it would strike Gold. Seem like perfect company for smarter rich people to break up and collapse and somehow get the intellectual property and designs.

negative net income for years

It's more like a religion than a business at this point. It's smoke and mirrors. One grandstand play after another. He brought out the semi, took orders but apparently hasn't done anything to move it forward into production. The latest is having a Tesla pull an airplane, like that is a big feat.

A man pulled a 205,000 pound airplane.

What are those?

it is cost of revenue is what i meant. The total cost of producing and distribute products and services. google it, it on their financial statements also.

It's more like a religion than a business at this point. It's smoke and mirrors. One grandstand play after another. He brought out the semi, took orders but apparently hasn't done anything to move it forward into production. The latest is having a Tesla pull an airplane, like that is a big feat.

A man pulled a 205,000 pound airplane.

oooh really hope it goes up in smokes. also find that stuff exciting when it does make capitalist world interesting. And like capitalism say something bigger better will come from it. If it really is smoke and mirrors it just matter of time.

Last edited:
Elon Musk IS A FUCKING GRIFTER!!!

Jim Keller leaving is by far their biggest blow to date

Unfortunate as Tesla hasmade arguably the greatest vehicles in history. Maybe the feds will bail them out like they did GM and Chrysler

I find it odd and kinda sad that people root against Tesla and Musk. If you can't at least admire what he's done and is trying to do in an industry that hasn't changed in decades you're probably just a bitter asshole.

It almost smells like Tesla won't exist this time next year and that the shorts that were pouring in over the last couple months are going to kill it. Smash records if it runs all the way down. We'll see, I guess. But all signs point to...

FUCKED

Elon Musk IS A FUCKING GRIFTER!!!

In a way the saddest part is how he was able to appropriate and is now sullying the name of a truly brilliant man and original thinker.

images

Unfortunate as Tesla hasmade arguably the greatest vehicles in history.

I have never heard anyone, anywhere make this claim. In fact I have read C&D reports that actually pan some models with a "do not buy" recommendation. So please elaborate.

I was about to say the exact same thing as your first line... sinking ship.
Tesla has money problems on top of staff leaving and now they have safety problems. Catching on fire way too often comparatively.

I have never heard anyone, anywhere make this claim. In fact I have read C&D reports that actually pan some models with a "do not buy" recommendation. So please elaborate.

This is the best car Consumer Reports has ever tested

102640375-470408048.530x298.jpg

Tesla just made Consumer Reports history.

The product testing agency on Thursday gave the new, high-performance P85D version of the automaker's Model S a rating of 100—a perfect score—calling it "the best-performing car that Consumer Reports has ever tested."

"It really blew up our system," said Jake Fisher, the head of automotive testing for Consumer Reports. "It actually scored above 100 in our system before we had to make some changes to account for this car."

Initially, the P85D Model S scored 103 points when Consumer Reports measured the car's acceleration, braking, handling and other key performance characteristics. Fisher and his team then modified their scoring model to make the P85D fit into a 100-point scale.

When asked about the rating from Consumer Reports, Tesla spokeswoman Khobi Brooklyn said, "The Model S being the first car to receive 100 out of 100 points is truly a testament to our commitment to continually give our customers enhancements in range, performance and value, and ultimately a better driving and ownership experience."

https://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/27/teslas-p85d-is-the-best-car-consumer-reports-has-ever-tested.html

Last edited:
it is cost of revenue is what i meant. The total cost of producing and distribute products and services. google it, it on their financial statements also.

You mean COGS (cost of goods sold) or operating income?

I can't afford one anyway. Im a Pontiac Firebird man

negative net income for years
Maybe all the investors and tech pundits thought/think Tesla is like Amazon, and by that I mean Amazon was in the red for many many years and only went into the black a couple of years ago.

Maybe all the investors and tech pundits thought/think Tesla is like Amazon, and by that I mean Amazon was in the red for many many years and only went into the black a couple of years ago.

Investors would be retarded to think that, Amazon doesn't really have any physical overheard. Others pay for their overhead don't they?

Back