Tesla Executives Continue To Flee As The Company Goes Rogue With Its Balance Sheet

Not really unusual for a tech company or a passion brand vehicle manufacturer (just look at every Italian automotive brand).
That said, even amongst their most ardent supporters, the ownership experiences I've seen have been very mixed.

In a way the saddest part is how he was able to appropriate and is now sullying the name of a truly brilliant man and original thinker.

images

He died broke and destitute. So it actually may be appropriate.

I don't understand why Tesla doesn't just outsource to an established auto manufacturer that already has the supply chain in place. Why reinvent the wheel? If I were them i would look to nVidia as a model of how to run a fabless tech business.

What they are trying to do is just stupid.

Its sad considering the products Tesla ultimately produced but you feel as if Musk toned down the R&D and focused short term on a consistent production of their popular saloons they would be in a far better position. How much have they sunk into the Roadster and Semi Truck ffs? Is that necessary when you cant get enough Model 3's off the production line?

Not to mention the money spent developing their self driving system. Deliver your orders then develop your car from there.

it is cost of revenue is what i meant. The total cost of producing and distribute products and services. google it, it on their financial statements also.

oooh really hope it goes up in smokes. also find that stuff exciting when it does make capitalist world interesting. And like capitalism say something bigger better will come from it. If it really is smoke and mirrors it just matter of time.

Actually the expanding revenue with no profit is just as worrisome.

I like how @ultramanhyata just sort of bowed out of the conversation after this post LMFAO!

pwnt

What a sad little man. I moved on from the site to do other things and then went to sleep without checking back in. Now here I am again this morning.

But wow. What a victory. You should be very proud. lol

I don't understand why Tesla doesn't just outsource to an established auto manufacturer that already has the supply chain in place. Why reinvent the wheel? If I were them i would look to nVidia as a model of how to run a fabless tech business.

What they are trying to do is just stupid.

Outsourcing electronic goods manufacturing isn't as daunting as outsourcing the production of a vehicle. Tesla needs to maintain its quality control, which may be a problem when someone else makes the whole car. Outsourcing parts of the car is not an issue , since all the Automotive manufactures have been doing it forever, but final assembly and major components like the engine are always done by each manufacturer, excepting certain cases like Dodge ram diesel trucks where Cummins provides the engines. Boeing outsources major sections of their planes, but they put everything together and test in-house.

To be fair, "I have never heard of..." is just about the worst way to establish your stance in a debate, for it's basically just an up-front admission that you simply don't know as much as other people on the subject matter, especially when it comes to common knowledge.

Maybe "I have never heard..." is just a statement of fact. How could I possibly have been construed to have been taking a position in a debate with that post?

I am not a car guy. What I have happened to come across from various sources regarding Tesla cars in general and the company in particular has never, ever been "best ever" positive.

So someone makes the claim that Tesla is manufacturing the "best ever" cars in history and, being surprised based on my own limited knowledge, I asked for elaboration.

This is one of the greatest downsides to forums like this one. Participants who see every question posed them as a challenge to an e-duel. Rather than as a sincere request to hear more and perhaps learn something new. Even when the topic isn't in any way political. Unfortunate.

How will this affect SpaceX, I wonder?

That's why I asked COGS. Thought we were talking something subtotaled on the income statement.

So I don't know I bothered, but I looked this up, and Tesla (as many other companies do) just uses COGS and COR interchangeably (they do call it COR in their 8K).

Anyway, it has been rising a lot (the pace has slowed down to levels not seen since Q2 2016, though), but it's not concerning. DSI was actually at its lowest level since Q4 2013 in each of the last two quarters.

Anyone else find it strange that people's position on whether they hope for Tesla's success or failure seems to line along partisan lines? I find it strange because who the hell isn't rooting for a company that can make a beauty like the model 3 which is 100% electric?

My guess is the answer is similar to where people land on the environment, but that is equally strange. As if we don't all have a stake in whether the planet does well!

It's more like a religion than a business at this point. It's smoke and mirrors. One grandstand play after another. He brought out the semi, took orders but apparently hasn't done anything to move it forward into production. The latest is having a Tesla pull an airplane, like that is a big feat.

A man pulled a 205,000 pound airplane.

Fuck cars, I'm gonna get me a man servant and a rickshaw.

Anyone else find it strange that people's position on whether they hope for Tesla's success or failure seems to line along partisan lines? I find it strange because who the hell isn't rooting for a company that can make a beauty like the model 3 which is 100% electric?

My guess is the answer is similar to where people land on the environment, but that is equally strange. As if we don't all have a stake in whether the planet does well!

Some people are always against business, no matter how green they can be. If you have employees its enough for some people to hate.

Are you trying to say that the right hopes for Tesla's failure because of the company's emphasis on clean energy?

Or that the left hopes for its failure because it's Elon's baby and he is a billionaire manufacturing a car that costs more than most peoples' homes?

If there is any partisanship at work that might be coloring attitudes toward Tesla (I do not see it) one can find ammunition that serves both sides.

Back