Tesla Executives Continue To Flee As The Company Goes Rogue With Its Balance Sheet

This is the best car Consumer Reports has ever tested

102640375-470408048.530x298.jpg

Tesla just made Consumer Reports history.

The product testing agency on Thursday gave the new, high-performance P85D version of the automaker's Model S a rating of 100—a perfect score—calling it "the best-performing car that Consumer Reports has ever tested."

"It really blew up our system," said Jake Fisher, the head of automotive testing for Consumer Reports. "It actually scored above 100 in our system before we had to make some changes to account for this car."

Initially, the P85D Model S scored 103 points when Consumer Reports measured the car's acceleration, braking, handling and other key performance characteristics. Fisher and his team then modified their scoring model to make the P85D fit into a 100-point scale.

When asked about the rating from Consumer Reports, Tesla spokeswoman Khobi Brooklyn said, "The Model S being the first car to receive 100 out of 100 points is truly a testament to our commitment to continually give our customers enhancements in range, performance and value, and ultimately a better driving and ownership experience."

https://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/27/teslas-p85d-is-the-best-car-consumer-reports-has-ever-tested.html

yeah but they also have 2 that consumer reports will not recommend. So there is that.

Its pretty much the only electric car that is "cool" outside of Tesla. I watched a few videos on the car, seemed like it depreciated at an insane rate. No one would purchase the car at the end of the lease as the purchase price on the contract was far higher than the actual value of the car. I cant remember the reasons why though. Im sure it was along the lines of what @PEB said that the performance essentially did not match the price but there were more.

Fair enough. Just never even knew it existed and saw one and thought it was really cool.

hey @PEB even Musk admits the brakes are shit. What you got now? LOL. Musk is like, "Oh yeah, it does have bad braking."

Tesla CEO Elon Musk admitted in a tweet that the Model 3 has braking problems, a flaw Consumer Reports highlighted in a Monday review.

Musk vowed to fix the issue, which the influential magazine said included long stopping distances. Consumer Reports tests cars for the distance they require to come to a stop when the driver hits the brakes at 60 miles per hour. The Model 3 required 152 feet, which CR said was "far worse than any contemporary car we've tested."

Musk tweeted that the problem could be fixed "in a few days."

"Looks like this can be fixed with a firmware update," he tweeted. "Will be rolling that out in a few days. With further refinement, we can improve braking distance beyond initial specs. Tesla won't stop until Model 3 has better braking than any remotely comparable car."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/elon-musk-admits-tesla-model-3-has-braking-problems/

Fuckin shill. When are you going to stop embarrassing yourself? Worshiping a fuckin business. You are shit.

Tesla stock in the shitter again today. Where it belongs. Tata Motors for the win.

Last edited:
Jaguar I-Pace starts deliveries in Europe in late June, followed by the U.S. approximately 6-8 weeks thereafter.

It will be Tesla’s first premium long-range all-electric car competition

Jaguar is the latest automaker to take on Tesla and the first to edge it on price and performance. The 2019 Jaguar I-Pace is an all-electric compact crossover starting at $69,500 (excluding the $7,500 federal tax credit and available state rebates), which is exactly $10,000 less than the only other all-electric luxury crossover on the market, theall-wheel-drive Tesla Model X.

The all-wheel-drive I-Pace edges out the Model X 75D in other important metrics, including a 240-mile range and 0-60 mph time of 4.5 seconds. The X 75D has a 237-mile range, and an estimated 0-60 mph time of 4.9 seconds.

In the luxury game, those minor details could make all the marketing difference, though Jaguar has yet to identify Tesla as its benchmark.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/class...s-0315-jaguar-ipace-tesla-20180307-story.html

Also, with Tesla jacking the price on the Model 3 it is essentially competing with itself. lol. With its more expensive models.

It does not fade after one stop already proven by a number of other testing outlets. Consumer Reports is not being an honest broker in their reviews of Tesla already proven. They gave Tesla their highest review for the Model S then back peddle after the auto industry jumped all over them even if they had already given tesla top results. Ever since then their reports have been effected by that blow back by the auto industry. I question their independence since that review retraction that I believe they never did before. Strings are being pulled behind the scenes at Consumer Reports even as they continue to make the statement they do not receive advertising dollars and are independent of any company influence. There was angry reply by Consumer Report when they had to wait a few months to get their hands on a Model 3 too because Tesla at the time had such a limited production run of them. Consumer Reports have had a long and frosty relationship with Tesla even as "Tesla fan boys" continue to give their cars glowing reports.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/consumer-reports-slams-tesla-for-poor-reliability/

PEB seriously, you need some deprogramming help. You are deep into that Tesla Kool Aide.

Consumer Reports buys their vehicles through independent buyers so manufacturers don't know who is getting the vehicle. If you are a subscriber, you have access to all of their results. They make their money from subscriptions, not advertising so they don't provide information for free. My father was a subscriber. They keep detailed records of the conditions that tests are performed under. They perform the same tests under the same conditions or as close as possible for every vehicle. The weather can be different and that is included in their reports. They do initial as well as long term testing.

Ratings can change due to longer term testing. They perform mostly objective testing with results they can quantify with measurements like acceleration, braking, noise, turning radius, ride etc. There are also subjective items like seating comfort, ergonomics like the ability to use the touch screen controls while driving. Many of these are things that don't become apparent until a person has driven the vehicle for a considerable amount of time.

Edmunds does the same. They rated Teslas highly at first but the longer term results were not as favorable as problems cropped up. From what I understand, CR ordered several Tesla Model 3s at different price points. The earliest order was for very basic model but the higher priced model was available sooner meaning that Tesla wasn't building the vehicles in the order that customers ordered them. It appears that they are building the most profitable models first. I can't blame them as they need the money but those who put their deposit in early, might feel differently.

Back