RBR Teofimo Lopez vs Jamaine Ortiz Feb.8th ESPN

I think Lopez gets beaten up by Tank. He is really athletic, but not a great boxer and can't cut the ring off.

That's the side effect of his psycho dad in his ear his whole life.
In fairness to Teos dad. He does actually try to prevent Teo from saying crazy stuff, like in this interview or before when he was saying all the racial stuff or talking about wanting to die in the ring. Teo just doesn't really listen to him

If this were haney. It would've been scored 10 2 against Teo.

This fight seemed similar to stevenson-de los Santos.

Walking forward doing nothing and never landing any punches of magnitude other than immediately after a headbutt is telling.
I don't get why you were more impressed with the guy moving backward, doing nothing, landing no noteworthy punches more than the one coming forward.

I feel like there's certain guys people try to score against, Lopez being one. No judge is scoring a close fight for the guy running. We all know this until someone we don't like is fighting.

I don't get why you were more impressed with the guy moving backward, doing nothing, landing no noteworthy punches more than the one coming forward.

I feel like there's certain guys people try to score against, Lopez being one. No judge is scoring a close fight for the guy running. We all know this until someone we don't like is fighting.
I don't particularly like or dislike Teo. Yes running is an obnoxious style. Did DLS beat Shakur Stevenson? How different really was this fight?

It just wasn't a close fight maybe the last 2 rounds when Teo actually let his hands go.

Neither guy landed anything except in the round where the headbutt occurred.

The other funny narrative is Lopez was coming forward only swinging and missing. Well, yeah sure some, he’d pretty much have to against a runner. But there had to be SOME reason Ortiz just stopped punching back. It’s silly, I don’t recommend rewatching to anyone, but Lopez even under the circumstances of having to chase did his job. Fight really wasn’t close on the cards.

Back to certain guys people like to score against, shit also look that recent Ennis fight before the Villa fight, uhhh Chudkibehsjdheb I think, yeah, he pulled the same shit and everyone was like “boots is exposed!!!” Its ridiculous. If a grown man wants to go in the ring and act like a clown when he has an opportunity to measure himself in front of the world, godbless him. Nine times outta ten the judges are not gonna be swayed by whatever the hell Oritz was trying to do in there.

The other funny narrative is Lopez was coming forward only swinging and missing. Well, yeah sure some, he’d pretty much have to against a runner. But there had to be SOME reason Ortiz just stopped punching back. It’s silly, I don’t recommend rewatching to anyone, but Lopez even under the circumstances of having to chase did his job. Fight really wasn’t close on the cards.

Back to certain guys people like to score against, shit also look that recent Ennis fight before the Villa fight, uhhh Chudkibehsjdheb I think, yeah, he pulled the same shit and everyone was like “boots is exposed!!!” Its ridiculous. If a grown man wants to go in the ring and act like a clown when he has an opportunity to measure himself in front of the world, godbless him. Nine times outta ten the judges are not gonna be swayed by whatever the hell Oritz was trying to do in there.
I do agree with those saying it wasn't a great showing by Lopez but those that are saying Ortiz won 11 rounds or whatever had their minds made up before the fight started.

Ortiz landed many noteworthy punches, you along with the majority were swayed by the god awful broadcasting, they decided Lopez won the fight before it even started.

Ortiz landed many noteworthy punches, you along with the majority were swayed by the god awful broadcasting, they decided Lopez won the fight before it even started.
They talked shit about Lopez entire fight

All I recall of the commentary was Tim saying Lopez couldn't cut off the ring over and over. Some of you guys seem to like a stinker in a fight lately, I don't get it. Judges never score for those guys but people on social media think they dominate. Judges are always going with the aggressive, bigger puncher. This is not news to any of you.
Ortiz looked really good for a few rounds, I thought it was pretty even at the mid point but then Ortz stopped punching and tried to steal rounds with flurries. Had he been able to do for the last half what he did in the first, he might have won the fight. Same thing happened when he fought Loma.

They talked shit about Lopez entire fight
Kriegl was chastising Lopez but then immediately afterwards said “but he is winning the fight” Bradley did mention in every minute of every round that Teo couldnt cut the ring, other than that it was a shit show from commentary, they never called a single punch landed on Lopez, rewatch the fight, no Ortiz never hurt or had Lopez in trouble but he did land clean shots, when Teo landed they would replay it and mention it over and over, they need to sell Teofimo, he’s espn’s guy and quite possibly their only cash cow right now all their other stars like Fury and Inoue only get their fights promoted by TR whenever they fight in the US, and it looks like theyre getting to set up Teo vs Keyshawn Davis.

I think Lopez gets beaten up by Tank. He is really athletic, but not a great boxer and can't cut the ring off.
come to think of it, i agree. tank actually has versatility, he's fast enough for teo and he has power. not sure if it carries at 140, but it probably does.

but it's a moot point, tank isn't interested in fighting legit opponents. he needs to rematch cruz a couple of times first, for no apparent reason.

Yea but he only landed 80. Floyds never threw 405 punches and only landed 80.
also all 80 connects were not equal, either, lotta hustling to force connects. Lopez missed a lot and fought without adjusting like Ortiz was breaking the “rules” which generally means a low fight IQ, but he still landed and his average quality of connect was a lot higher and consistent. They were good well timed shots that found homes upstairs and down and 78 mostly solid punches against 80 not so often ones in flurries and while moving away/fleeing mostly (and almost nothing thrown last 4 rounds) doesn’t really speak to any kind of Win for Ortiz in my eyes. I guess I criticize Lopez crying and not cutting off ring better but what can someone really do against a guy like Ortiz who really didn’t wanna engage generally.

whatever the case, teo shouldnt be on anyone P4P list.
i dont think he should be the ring champ either

Because he was landing counters on Teo all night while going backwards which biased people like you totally ignored because he was 'running'. I bet you thought Shakur beat Santos doing even less than Ortiz though right? Pathetic.

The commentary totally ignored most of the clean counters Ortiz landed, which obviously worked well because so many clowns swallowed the bs narrative.

The other bs narrative was that Ortiz shut down in the second half of the fight when in reality he threw just as many punches as Teo and landed just as many also. Facts don't care for your feelings.

Going to watch the fight I missed it. I watched the last two rounds only. Will let you know my score card.

Jesus how can you even score round 1 Ortiz moves well but double the jab but these aren't even landing. I have a feeling this will be most of the fight. Ugh

115--13 Lopez

I could see a draw or 115-113 the other way.

Ortiz Barely landed power shots it was jabs landing he had chances to do more. in round 2 he cornered him and let go.

Lopez was landing body shots often and he landed a few good hooks this was a shitty fight but Ortiz for all his movement didn't do enough for me to win it.
Like I said if you want to give Ortiz 7 rounds I won't argue that point. 117-111 for Lopez is a pretty shitty scorecard in my opinion and it came from the guy that ESPN is in love with too.

Back