News Teofimo Lopez vs Subriel Matias in talks for 2024

So a 2nd tier guy as opposed to an A lister like Lopez or Haney. I’m okay with 1 guy like that just to see how it goes but I see nothing but dog and grown ass man in this Subriel, he’s like an animal loosed on prey. That’s his selling point above all, I don’t think dude is gonna learn to box safely, he has subtle tendencies that show he’s seasoned enough, but yeah for his health and earning ability maybe one fight with a quantifiable name we know before a complete fighter like Lopez…

…still, I don’t feel too afraid for Matias here, I think he’s okay to go now tbh.
Subriel is " damaging boxer " type.....and he does have power and normal gas tank.

On paper Teo should win while vs Subriel there still is serious risk for anyone....to die or get disabled till end of life.

There is term called " damaging boxer type " and this doesn't means that such boxer automatically should have high KOs %.....
While to fight vs such types always is risky and you might retire even after fight you had won.

For example Beterbiev is damaging type boxer, Bivol isn't .....

" damaging boxer " type explanation is this: after fight vs such boxer even if you will win there is high risk to have permanent health problems. Higher than average risk in matchmaking therefore managers and promoters usually are avoiding to have for their boxers such opponents....

If Mr Lopez will do this, kudos .........

Back