Teo vs. Kambosos: will George become the next star or was it an off night?

So you think lomachenko with healthy shoulder would beat Teofimo in a rematch, i mean he spent about 5 rounds fighting a really dumb fight.
Tough to say. Lomachenko fought pretty scared, he seemed intimidated by Lopez and Lopez seemed to have his number for most of the fight- timed him well, got off first etc I also never really saw any evidence in the fight that Loma couldn't get his punches off when he wanted to.
Lomachenko only really does one thing and when taken off his game, he's not good at adjusting. Lopez has a style that takes away what Loma is good at.

An off night is what Loma had against Lopez, and the fight still turned out very close with Lopez running away from the rematch.

This was simply two very evenly matched fighters and one being slightly better than the other.

I thought Loma had an off night vs Lopez, so I wasn’t ever really sold on him lol. It’s tough to say rn

Teofimo is gonna move up for sure, dont want to be drained
Big problem for him now he is gonna have to fight some risky fights and move up the ladder, no big names for him at lw without the belts, and taylor is not fighting him anymore

So you think lomachenko with healthy shoulder would beat Teofimo in a rematch, he spent about 5 rounds fighting a really dumb fight.
Loma didn't fight a dumb fight for 5 rounds, no offense but that's a terrible comparison. He literally fought as technical and high concentration as he could for first half of the fight. If anything, he fought dumb and reckless second half of the fight, but thats what he needed to do at that point. The shoulder narrative, ugh. Takes away from Kambosos accomplishment more than anything. Kambosos was the better boxer and took Teo's 0, simple as that. The best just got beat and Loma has no excuses either.

I don’t think it’s fair to say he didn’t have much of an issue with him. He won a comfortable decision, but a lot of that was Lomachenko doing nothing for rounds at a time. Of the rounds with substantial engagement, Lopez won one and lost what 4-5? There’s a real difference between the scorecards being clear and the idea that a fighter was completely in control for the vast majority of the fight.
teo didn’t let him get going. he went first every time and loma was confused. it was a magnificent performance. i also don’t remember loma winning 4 or 5 rounds clearly but definitely at least 3. i haven’t watched the fight since i saw it live though.

taylor is taller than loma, a natural 140lbs, can fight at any range, can crack, and has a chin on him. i think lomachenko is one of the finest boxers we've ever seen, but taylor doesn't have much you can exploit either. dude is versatile as all hell and he won't be intimidated by lopez's physicality at all. in fact, if teo wants to stand toe to toe with taylor, he's going to sleep. josh does not fuck around one bit and will happily oblige him in a shootout.

if lopez has any sense he'll stay the fuck away from josh taylor.
this reads a whole lot like “i just love josh taylor” to be honest. no offense, but “he doesn’t fuck around” and “if teo stands toe to toe with him he’s getting ko’d” is really useless as a stylistic breakdown. no one fucks around at the highest level of the sport. i think teo’s got the faster hands, bigger power, and they’re both pretty freaky athletes.

obviously teo made a huge mistake coming out and fighting emotional early against kambosos, but hopefully that’s a lesson learned going forward and he will be better next time we see him. this could become a thing where we realize teofimo fights to the level of his opponents. he looked masterful against lomachenko and a proper killer like taylor could sharpen him the same way.

Glad the right man won as I expected a home decision, especially after the knockdown in round 10. Personally I hope Kambosos gives Lopez and his father the middle finger in regards to a rematch and fights the winner of Haney vs Diaz to completely unify the decision.

If there was a rematch I would favour Lopez on the condition that he pulls his head out of his a*se and his Dad remembers he is a trainer first and foremost rather than a hype man. Guys like him and John Fury might be a promoter's wet dream, but they are a hinderance and distraction for their sons.

Glad to see this Four Kings b*llocks is getting turned on it's head. Time for them to start fighting each other if they want that kind of recognition. For years boxing has been more about the posturing than actually getting in there to fight the best. I think Haney has the will to have big fights, Kambosos too, so I think presuming Haney wins we can see undisputed. Time for Tank and Garcia to prove their worth.

The Kambosos fight makes me wanna revisit the Loma one.

I thought Lopez had it in him to keep it tight and straight for a whole fight but maybe it was just Loma who refused to stay in range and get hit. Also, had Commey not gotten knocked out early, maybe that fight would have gone differently.

So you think lomachenko with healthy shoulder would beat Teofimo in a rematch, he spent about 5 rounds fighting a really dumb fight.

This is exactly what @Seano cannot comprehend: using his own argument against him. It’s like Red says in Friday:

“Oh but that was different!”

I'm surprized the sanctioning cunts haven't moved to separate the belts yet.

I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the stripping begins.

I am NOT hoping for that btw, I am expecting it, though.

This is exactly what @Seano cannot comprehend: using his own argument against him. It’s like Red says in Friday:

“Oh but that was different!”
How is that using my own argument against me? They were different fights. Lopez schooled Lomachenko. Him losing to Kambosos has nothing to do with that fight at all.

Back