Teo vs. Kambosos: will George become the next star or was it an off night?

styles make fights...what Loma didn't do that George was able to was getting in to that heat and the willingness to fight fire with fire....Loma was tentative vs. Teo...George wasn't...Skillwise, Loma was the more skillful between the 3 and probably will beat George...but without that willingness to get in there with Teo, he won't beat him. George has some fast hands too...he is pretty much the gap between Loma and Teo..
great post imo, some points tho, I think george can bring that same heat to Loma, he is able to fight a fire fight or stick n move boxing, while i think loma is the cleaner technical boxer, I think George is more versitile and has shown a good chin n willingness to exchange (which i think would be a good gameplan against loma), I could see Loma dropping George with one his nice body shots but I can also see Georges combinations marking up loma.

I think Loma vs George would be a great fight, if it happens, i'ma put my $$$ on george n hope yall are right with him being a decent underdog.

Another fight that excites me is George/Tank, I favour Tank here as I believe he hits harder than Teo n is the better finisher with killer instinct

great post imo, some points tho, I think george can bring that same heat to Loma, he is able to fight a fire fight or stick n move boxing, while i think loma is the cleaner technical boxer, I think George is more versitile and has shown a good chin n willingness to exchange (which i think would be a good gameplan against loma), I could see Loma dropping George with one his nice body shots but I can also see Georges combinations marking up loma.

I think Loma vs George would be a great fight, if it happens, i'ma put my $$$ on george n hope yall are right with him being a decent underdog.

Another fight that excites me is George/Tank, I favour Tank here as I believe he hits harder than Teo n is the better finisher with killer instinct
i don’t like george’s chances against a lot of those guys, though i think haney & garcia are beatable for him. his style was great for the fight he was in against teo, he didn’t wilt under the firepower teo threw at him, in fact he avoided basically everything and fired back with HARD shots. i think teo would be a lot more measured in a rematch and the fight would go a little differently. i also think george’s future opponents are going to be more measured now. so i expect a lot of boxing in george’s future and i give tank/loma a boxing advantage.

ok heres the thing about fighting the champ....youre solely focused on THAT goal but beyond that...who are you eyeing?

this is what lopez unfortunately had to suffer from. he was focused on loma from the jump, studied the movements, came up with a good game plan and won a close fight.

exact same thing happened for george, he came up the hard way but once he was positioned to fight lopez, he focused in on that task and then had several months to prepare properly where as lopez was looking ahead and saw this as an easy fight.

if youre george, you might want to look at loma or garcia. those seem winnable and would produce a decent payday. beating those guys would definitely solidify him as a p4p dude. id at all costs avoid haney tho, i think stylistically this is a terrible matchup for george and haney doesnt bring enough fans to the table to risk fighting at this point.

Just curious- can any Americans tell me the ballpark George can earn fighting say Garcia or Loma in USA?

I'd wonder if he'd make more here- where he WAS below say Tim Tszyu on the hype scale (Tszyu starting with the huge name advantage) but if he brought out a quality opponent as world champ could likely pack out a 20 000-30 000 seater and be a big ppv draw. (Horn v Pacqiuo did a 55 000 seater by comparison and obviously, everyone including casuals wanted to watch Manny fight back then).

Are we talking a few million USD or tens of millions USD?

i don’t like george’s chances against a lot of those guys, though i think haney & garcia are beatable for him. his style was great for the fight he was in against teo, he didn’t wilt under the firepower teo threw at him, in fact he avoided basically everything and fired back with HARD shots. i think teo would be a lot more measured in a rematch and the fight would go a little differently. i also think george’s future opponents are going to be more measured now. so i expect a lot of boxing in george’s future and i give tank/loma a boxing advantage.
Thing is george can clearly brawl when needed. The work with pacqiao was evident

ok heres the thing about fighting the champ....youre solely focused on THAT goal but beyond that...who are you eyeing?

this is what lopez unfortunately had to suffer from. he was focused on loma from the jump, studied the movements, came up with a good game plan and won a close fight.

exact same thing happened for george, he came up the hard way but once he was positioned to fight lopez, he focused in on that task and then had several months to prepare properly where as lopez was looking ahead and saw this as an easy fight.

if youre george, you might want to look at loma or garcia. those seem winnable and would produce a decent payday. beating those guys would definitely solidify him as a p4p dude. id at all costs avoid haney tho, i think stylistically this is a terrible matchup for george and haney doesnt bring enough fans to the table to risk fighting at this point.
I think George could KO Haney. Linares had Haney on stanky legs and George put Lopez on his ass. I could see him catching Haney eventually with something big. Haney is quicker but George showed he has good timing to compensate and he has a good output too. And George can weather pretty much anything Haney can throw at him as he took Lopez's best shots.

Kambosos for sure is being smart with the momentum
Dude is everywhere

Kambosos for sure is being smart with the momentum
Dude is everywhere

At least he pulled his punch and didn't break the mascots jaw like Wilder.

GIF-Wilder-KOs-mascot-181004.gif

Reactions: JSN
At least he pulled his punch and didn't break the mascots jaw like Wilder.

GIF-Wilder-KOs-mascot-181004.gif
Jesus christ, what an asshole. At least don't punch right where the guys head would be. Good to see kambosos isn't such a meathead.

Just curious- can any Americans tell me the ballpark George can earn fighting say Garcia or Loma in USA?

I'd wonder if he'd make more here- where he WAS below say Tim Tszyu on the hype scale (Tszyu starting with the huge name advantage) but if he brought out a quality opponent as world champ could likely pack out a 20 000-30 000 seater and be a big ppv draw. (Horn v Pacqiuo did a 55 000 seater by comparison and obviously, everyone including casuals wanted to watch Manny fight back then).

Are we talking a few million USD or tens of millions USD?
I think it's impossible for us to tell you, depends on promoter and what deals they can get. These things like PPV numbers are opaque as hell. You can fill in a huge stadium in Australia, but what does that really mean? I bet Al Haymon can get a bunch of deals with advertisers and favorable PPV percentages.

He seems to get his fighters decent pay fighting nobodies in a tiny ass arena.

Does Hyan Garcia get more hespetch because him getting knocked down is similar to Teo getting cracked but he won his fight and Teo didn't.

Good to see Lopez keeping up the tradition of the losing fighter posting the obligatory “looking sad in hospital” picture. Backing it up with a medical opinion too! @Seano

DC378548-3447-410B-AB7D-2AB7353490D2.jpeg

I don't buy this Lopez excuse. One, they would have caught it in the pre-fight medical and two, he didn't fight like some who couldn't get oxygen. If he would have faded badly in the fight I might have believed it. We've all seen fighters gas out and Teo didn't do that.

Kambosis Jr is a great guy, I've sparred with him a few times and potentially fought him as an amateur (we both fought a lot of tournaments and for a long while were the same weightclass) however when we were teenagers, neither of us were covered in tattoos so it's hard to know. We were at national tournaments together but we have no recollection if we ever fought each other. (Amateur tournaments for under 18's we're in headgear, and basically shuttled through 3 round fights of up to 5 - 7 in 4 day tournament so you don't really get a chance to know the other fighters as it's a whirlwind. You only really get to know them if you are at a lot of tournaments together i.e I fought the same guy 6 times for a state title).
I hope he continues to achieve great things and put a big exclamation mark on the world stage for Australia.
Obviously he's done better money wise and fame wise than I did with boxing, but does he have a Pro Fighter tag on Sherdog? No I don't think so.

Back