Teo vs. Kambosos: will George become the next star or was it an off night?

How is that using my own argument against me? They were different fights. Lopez schooled Lomachenko. Him losing to Kambosos has nothing to do with that fight at all.

The fact that you cannot see his point is quite sad.

The fact that you cannot see his point is quite sad.
I see what you're TRYING to say, I just don't see the relevance.

I'll ask again, would you pick Kambosos to beat Lomachenko?

Good summary. I think it was pretty clear Lopez truly believed he could get Kambosos out of there in the first round. And it looked like he had no gameplan or ability to adapt to what happened when George survived and then came with his own strategy of peppering Lopez with that quick jab that he used to set up the right hand and using good movement to cause Lopez to have to reset a lot.
I believe so, I think they overlooked him n paid the price dearly. George had a great strategy n desire was there. Him weathering the storm n winning the next two rounds shows us the heart he has. I also do think Teo can beat him with the right trainer and gameplan, he has the skills to get it done but imo it's a 50/50 when these 2 fight unless Teo has his dad in the corner, then I'd shift my odds to more of a 80/20 in Kambosos favour. But hey if we get the teo that fought Lomo vs the George we just witnessed then we're in for a hell of a fight!

The fact you ignore my posts but reply to others is hilarious.

If George/Lomo fought, the lines would probably be 50/50 and rightfully so. Or would you write him off again? He beat ya golden boy n your finding all these absurd ways to discredit him. How about just suck it up buttercup n realise George boxed your delusional biitch up

If George/Lomo fought, the lines would probably be 50/50 and rightfully so. Or would you write him off again? He beat ya golden boy n your finding all these absurd ways to discredit him. How about just suck it up buttercup n realise George boxed your delusional biitch up

Maybe he actually ignored you.

Yes, yes. You're very intimidating. We're all very impressed.

hahaha
No one would say Loma vs Kambosos is a 50/50 fight. Ludicrous claim.

No Australian-born boxer has ever achieved sustained success at the very top and it's certainly not going to start with George, unfortunately. But he will forever be a local 'star' in our boxing backwater at least because of this and this should help him get a few more reasonably big fights even if he drops the belts immediately.

Kambosos has already declared himself the greatest Australian boxer in history, funnily enough. The sad part is, it's only slightly premature.

I would rank this the 3rd most important win in Australian-born boxing history (so no Kostya), which shows that it is very slim pickings. Lionel Rose vs Fighting Harada is clearly number 1, and then Horn vs Pacquaio. Yeah, the Horn decision was bogus and Horn sucks, but it still counts.
I cant make a thread but ESPN did a Top 5 of the greatest Australian performances of all time
https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/32733278/the-five-greatest-australian-boxing-performances-all

5. Jeff Fenech-Azumah Nelson I (1991)
4. Lionel Rose vs Fighting Harada (1968)
3. George Kambosos vs Teofimo Lopez (2021)
2. Jeff Horn vs Manny Pacquiao (2017)
1. Kostya Tszyu vs Zab Judah (2001)

this reads a whole lot like “i just love josh taylor” to be honest. no offense, but “he doesn’t fuck around” and “if teo stands toe to toe with him he’s getting ko’d” is really useless as a stylistic breakdown. no one fucks around at the highest level of the sport. i think teo’s got the faster hands, bigger power, and they’re both pretty freaky athletes.

obviously teo made a huge mistake coming out and fighting emotional early against kambosos, but hopefully that’s a lesson learned going forward and he will be better next time we see him. this could become a thing where we realize teofimo fights to the level of his opponents. he looked masterful against lomachenko and a proper killer like taylor could sharpen him the same way.
all right, let me rephrase that. when i say he doesn't fuck around, i mean he does not back down from people coming after him. he has that quality of grinding his teeth when he gets hit and throwing it back. he does not shy away from a fight, even though he is mostly a boxer.

trying to dismiss teo's performance against kambosos as a mistake of how he came out is kind of weird, though. dude lost a large portion of the fight, it's not like he just got caught in the first and then dominated the rest. he was consistently outboxed and outhustled in exchanges. taylor has the same ability to throw volume, is bigger, more technical, more difficult to hit. he also has a better punch selection than kambosos and i expect him to put teo on his ass fairly quickly if they go toe to toe.

all this is kind of irrelevant though, teofimo isn't getting the taylor fight any time soon.

oh and of course, i do love josh taylor. what's there not to like? he's the complete package.

Last edited:

After that performance, possibly. I don’t see the relevance in that at all. You are trying to go a round about way to discredit his win by strangely asking who picked him to win?

Who cares? As I said, Lopez beat Loma and lost in his first defense. George beat Lopez and he hasn’t even defended yet, but you are proclaiming him as a level below Lopez?

I understand the better fighter does not always win. Tyson, Pac, Lennox, Ali, etc. lost to “lesser” guys. But Teo has 1 good win and you are claiming his to be a level above Kambosos. Mind you, he is undefeated and just beat Teo. Let’s calm our tits here before casting aspersions on Kambosos.

More like as soon as he got punched and dropped, he abandoned his game plan....he had no answer to the left check hook most of the fight because he was too focused on the overhand that dropped him in the 1st rnd...

Yes, yes. You're very intimidating. We're all very impressed.

hahaha
No one would say Loma vs Kambosos is a 50/50 fight. Ludicrous claim.
Why is it ludicrous? Loma lost to teo, George beat teo, Boxing math. I'd take the 20-0 guy that has all the belts over the 15-2 guy as my favourite any day.

Why is it ludicrous? Loma lost to teo, George beat teo, Boxing math. I'd take the 20-0 guy that has all the belts over the 15-2 guy as my favourite any day.
Because it is and you know better. There's a reason people are calling Lopez/Kambosos the upset of the year.

If George/Lomo fought, the lines would probably be 50/50 and rightfully so.
i see what you’re trying to say, but the betting lines would absolutely not be 50/50 lmao i don’t think the betting lines would be 50/50 if loma rematched lopez. bettors and casuals alike think loma is some sort of magician

all right, let me rephrase that. when i say he doesn't fuck around, i mean he does not back down from people coming after him. he has that quality of grinding his teeth when he gets hit and throwing it back. he does not shy away from a fight, even though he is mostly a boxer.

trying to dismiss teo's performance against kambosos as a mistake of how he came out is kind of weird, though. dude lost a large portion of the fight, it's not like he just got caught in the first and then dominated the rest. he was consistently outboxed and outhustled in exchanges. taylor has the same ability to throw volume, is bigger, more technical, more difficult to hit. he also has a better punch selection than kambosos and i expect him to put teo on his ass fairly quickly if they go toe to toe.

all this is kind of irrelevant though, teofimo isn't getting the taylor fight any time soon.

oh and of course, i do love josh taylor. what's there not to like? he's the complete package.
i think josh taylor is top 3 p4p at the moment when it comes to skill & athleticism. i don’t think lopez is too far behind though. maybe top 20. and the gap between most of the guys in the top 25 isn’t huge. regardless, my main point is that lopez is not going to have the same lack of respect for taylor that cost him so much against kambosos.

using kambosos as a benchmark opponent for weighing future teofimo fights feels like a mistake. i think he was hurt badly the whole first 4 or 5 rounds after getting dropped. he had no offense. it’s totally possible that taylor could buzz him the same way, and taylor is probably a much better fighter than kambosos but only kambosos has done that to teo outside of his pro debut & its likely because of the way teo chose to come out fighting.

for the record, i also certainly would pick taylor head to head with lopez at 140 but i don’t think it’s as much of a wipeout as you do. plus, we’d all pick taylor against EVERYONE at 140 so it’s almost a moot point.

i see what you’re trying to say, but the betting lines would absolutely not be 50/50 lmao i don’t think the betting lines would be 50/50 if loma rematched lopez. bettors and casuals alike think loma is some sort of magician
This.

There's no chance the lines would be even. Lomachenko would be a substantial favourite.

styles make fights...what Loma didn't do that George was able to was getting in to that heat and the willingness to fight fire with fire....Loma was tentative vs. Teo...George wasn't...Skillwise, Loma was the more skillful between the 3 and probably will beat George...but without that willingness to get in there with Teo, he won't beat him. George has some fast hands too...he is pretty much the gap between Loma and Teo..

kambosos is a very good lightweight and this was definitely a coming-out party for him. not sure he wins a rematch, and no idea what he’s capable of against the other killers in the division but he’s a LOT better than we thought he was & his style matches up well with others entertainment-wise.

i don’t think lopez gave us his best, but he’s still teofimo lopez and kambosos beat one of the best pound-for-pound fighters on earth, fair and square. if an immediate rematch doesn’t happen, i’d be curious to see who jumps on him as a unification opponent. the winner of haney/diaz could unify the entire division if they look to jump on kambosos. dude shook up the world for sure.

This sums it up. I don't believe Kambosos will win in a rematch with Lopez. During this fight, Teofimo did not fight like a champion. Quite honestly, he seemed confused and fell into his own hype which made him believe it's "in the bag" and that he did not have to work for it. Kambosos capitalized on Lopez's arrogance. While no doubt Kambosos is a solid lightweight, he's not going to be up there for a long time in my estimation. I hope I'm wrong because I really like his attitude.

I hope I'm wrong because I really like his attitude.

He’s certainly the most likable of the bunch. Other top dogs in this so called exceptional generation of LWs act like divas doing as much as they can not to fight one another.

Back