Tennis Elbow/injury?

Polish Punisher

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Any strikers or grappler have experience with this. I train MMA/Krav Maga 3x a week and try to lift at least 1 once a week. Almost 3 weeks ago i pushed it pretty hard and the day after the top of my elbow was sore and continued to get a litlte better then get worse.

I've used Aleve, iced it when I can and grabbed a brace from sports authority but no progress. Took a week off and still not helping so I scheduled an apt. with my doctor.

I really dont want to hear him say I have to stop training for a few months

Anyone have experience with this? It hurts to make a fist and with a boxing glove on hurts even worse.

Yes I get this all too much. Yo can get yor arms shot with cortizone (sp) or let them rest. It is an inflamation in the tendon in the elbow area.

F'in sucks, all I wanna do is train. Right now Im punching with 60-65% power with that arm and its impossible to do any biceps/forearm exercises.

I dont wanna anything to snap in there and need surgery so Im trying my best to keep it easy.

Cortizone will fix it, but it will hurt so bad you wont mind getting punched in the face during your next fight.

Well, I had this, ignored it, and ended up losing some ROM in my elbow. Talk to your doctor and do what the fuck he says.

"Cortizone will fix it, but it will hurt so bad you wont mind getting punched in the face during your next fight."

I actually enjoy that anyway, lol.

"Well, I had this, ignored it, and ended up losing some ROM in my elbow. Talk to your doctor and do what the fuck he says."

Last thing I want is something permanent.

Back