• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Teh Chris wins, thoughts on the multiple eyepokes? *** MERGED ***

He may have looked better tonight, but he has NOTHING for the top 5. And maybe not even the top 10.

he looked 'good' for someone who looked like shit for a long time. He also looked like he has been drinking special juices.

This…

He looked good compared to how poorly he looked before, but he still didn’t look like a fighter who would make any type of impact at 185 and could still potentially get violently finished by anyone they put in front of him…

Still, I did like watching him back in the day, So I am happy for him being able to make it back to fighting shape.

He looked good and I was rooting for him but he literally finished the fight with double eyepokes... Surprised Bisping wasn't up his ass post-fight interview after that.

Guess you die a hero or live long enough to become a villian is true.

He did look better than his recent losses

He was on his way to a UD, just that it was unfortunate the way the fight ended. And yea his behavior was disgusting

Point should’ve been deducted after the 2nd eyepoke. DQ after the 3rd eyepoke.

Is it like a math equation though, do you subtract the eyepokes his opponent handed out too.

Also, just another of the weird fights Weidman has been in lol. Silva leg break, his own leg break, Mousasi fight, spinning kick vs Luke. Did I miss any.

The fact the fans say ( Teh )) Chris sounds like even his fans have CTE

So basically we still don't know if Chris finally got a w because it can be overturned? Not saying it shouldn't be those pokes were bad. But he was doing well and should have won. Chris is an idiot. Hang 'em up

Give me 3 eye pokes and I bet I can make you turtle

This is a fairly moronic hot take because I'm not a veteran professional fighter in a competition where crumpling to the ground will end the competition.

We can watch a sizzle reel of the last 100 eye pokes in the UFC. They will feature guys backing up and cupping their eye, they will not feature falling over to the ground in a pile.

The whole thing sucks and I don't think Chris deserved to win that way, but in real time on a giant HD screen I didn't catch those eye pokes and it looked like Bruno was dropped. I don't blame the referee for missing it in real time. Upon review the TKO was recalled and they judged the fight a decision win up to that point.

Personally I am in favor of an immediate 1 point deduction on the first eye poke. Get rid of warnings entirely. That isn't how it works today though.

Back