Ted Cruz indoctrination coloring book inspires hilarious comments from internet

I only watch tv for sports.

Also, I don't even follow your insults.

Calling all Tea partiers uneducated white racists is really dumbing things down, no?

I used to think that too based on watching MSM coverage, but it turns out there are a lot that want the US to stop taking part in wars, fight corruption, etc.

the stereotype is just a stereotype really.

I only watch tv for sports. Televised news consumption is for dummies.

Also, I don't even follow your insult.

In IDL's world, the only people who have a negative opinion of the Tea Party are those who have been indoctrinated by the liberal media.

Sounds like you've been glued to your television.

Not saying I agree with that guy's comment, but I find it ironic that you are accusing him of watching anti-tea party propaganda when this thread is about a blatant propaganda device for spreading pro-tea party propaganda to little kids.

In IDL's world, the only people who have a negative opinion of the Tea Party are those who have been indoctrinated by the liberal media.

I've just noticed that everyone's laughing stock isn't as bad as they are made out to be on the MSM. There is a perception / reality divergence that isn't taken into account by most people.

Not saying I agree with that guy's comment, but I find it ironic that you are accusing him of watching anti-tea party propaganda when this thread is about a blatant propaganda device for spreading pro-tea party propaganda to little kids.

Not of watching, but of using mass generalizations that are perpetuated in pop culture. Much of pop culture comes from the MSM.

We are all exposed to propaganda on a daily basis.

Calling all Tea partiers uneducated white racists is really dumbing things down, no?

I used to think that too based on watching MSM coverage, but it turns out there are a lot that want the US to stop taking part in wars, fight corruption, etc.

I didn't say that. Keep up, son.

I said that uneducated racists make up a considerable, and very loud, faction of their constituency. The party rose to prominence and became an activist outlet for many persons who blindly oppose Barack Obama without knowing what they are opposing. And, if you see some of their rhetoric, it's pretty damn racist.

Yeah i think its pretty silly not to mention not supported by any data to accuse the tea party base of having any kind of an agenda related to race.

I guess OldShadows first response nailed it.

I wouldn’t vote for him I don’t believe but what proof do you have of this statement.

Also, since some earlier posters asked for empirical data concerning the racial elements of the TP's mobilization, I did find some sources which I believe to be reputable with solid methodologies.

http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0067110

http://depts.washington.edu/uwiser/racepolitics.html

Not of watching, but of using mass generalizations that are perpetuated in pop culture.

Always though the phrase "glued to your TV" implied watching it.

We are all exposed to propaganda on a daily basis.

Maybe, but I think there is one side spreading more propaganda than the other.

Always though the phrase "glued to your TV" implied watching it.

haha well ok. My comment was a blunt way of calling out a mass generalization that is widely perpetuated on the MSM. There is a lot of throwing the baby out with the bathwater by labeling and generalizing the entire thing.

haha well ok. My comment was a blunt way of calling out a mass generalization that is widely perpetuated on the MSM. There is a lot of throwing the baby out with the bathwater by labeling and generalizing the entire thing.

Aren't there major news outlets which are part of the MSM that are very pro-tea party as well (Fox news comes to mind) ?

I think the main reason the Tea Party gets roasted here because most of the policies they are pushing are crap.

You haven't done the research like we have. If you've really done the research, you'd learn that all Tea Partiers are horrendous racists who don't pay taxes and give all their money to the KKK and Cyborg Hitler. It's pretty easy to find this information you just need to know where to look. Jews.

I've just noticed that everyone's laughing stock isn't as bad as they are made out to be on the MSM. There is a perception / reality divergence that isn't taken into account by most people.

Well, it goes without saying that if you agree with them, you're not going to consider them a laughingstock. But what it is is a bunch of people who got mad about the Global Financial Crisis and losing the election and focused their anger on people who lost their jobs and homes as a result of the GFC, and made it their mission to oppose any action to address the crisis. Obviously, there's a lot of astroturfing going on there.

It's funny how you make up all these bizarre scenarios, but turn a blind eye to actual examples of ultrawealthy "puppeteers" subverting a movement. I think it's like elephants vs. bigfoot. An elephant is a much more exotic, weirder animal than a big gorilla, but because elephants are real, no one gives a shit about them, while you have all kinds of kooks who dedicate their lives to bigfoot.

You haven't done the research like we have. If you've really done the research, you'd learn that all Tea Partiers are horrendous racists who don't pay taxes and give all their money to the KKK and Cyborg Hitler. It's pretty easy to find this information you just need to know where to look. Jews.

Yeah, I didn't want to believe it at first, but when I started looking into this stuff, everything became clear. Now, unfortunately, I can't unsee it.

Aren't there major news outlets which are part of the MSM that are very pro-tea party as well (Fox news comes to mind) ?

I think the main reason the Tea Party gets roasted here because most of the policies they are pushing are crap.

Yeah Fox is the only one I am aware of but I'm sure they have their own sites and what not. Most people don't watch that though so the general impression of them is pretty brutal.

Perceived as crap, yes. Weather they are or not is a different story. They do have a lot of strong stances on things that most people would agree on I think. So as always it's taking the pros and cons. Problem is once you get a label or two, it doesn't matter what they do.

Yeah Fox is the only one I am aware of but I'm sure they have their own sites and what not. Most people don't watch that though so the general impression of them is pretty brutal.

Fox News is the most watched 24-hour news channel out of the bunch. So much for being well researched, eh?

Well, it goes without saying that if you agree with them, you're not going to consider them a laughingstock. But what it is is a bunch of people who got mad about the Global Financial Crisis and losing the election and focused their anger on people who lost their jobs and homes as a result of the GFC, and made it their mission to oppose any action to address the crisis. Obviously, there's a lot of astroturfing going on there.

It's funny how you make up all these bizarre scenarios, but turn a blind eye to actual examples of ultrawealthy "puppeteers" subverting a movement. I think it's like elephants vs. bigfoot. An elephant is a much more exotic, weirder animal than a big gorilla, but because elephants are real, no one gives a shit about them, while you have all kinds of kooks who dedicate their lives to bigfoot.

There is always more to it than that. I understand you have a pretty leftwards bias.

I think the ultra wealthy are the single biggest problem in politics. All parties end up getting usurped by them I'm sure the Tea party is no exception. The two main parties are probably the most heavily corrupted though.

There are just things like the anti-war and anti wall street sentiment that I think is good and a lot of people would probably support that. It's the other labeling that compartmentalizes them really.

I'm not under the impression that they will ever win, and even if they ever did miraculously win they would be absorbed by the corrupt establishment and much of their platform wouldn't be implemented. Nature of the beast.

Fox News is the most watched 24-hour news channel out of the bunch. So much for being well researched, eh?

What percentage of the population would that be?

My perspective is that of outside the US looking in and most people just think 'oh Fox is propoganda' and pride themselves on not ever watching it. It seems that sentiment is also fairly well represented on here as well.

Not saying it isn't propaganda, but in terms of people getting anything but negative messages about the tea party it seems like a majority.

What percentage of the population would that be?

My perspective is that of outside the US looking in and most people just think 'oh Fox is propoganda' and pride themselves on not ever watching it. It seems that sentiment is also fairly well represented on here as well.

Not saying it isn't propaganda, but in terms of people getting anything but negative messages about the tea party it seems like a majority.

I think cable news at its best gets a couple million viewers so one percent.

Newspapers like NYT have a readership in that same range too.

Network news gets 10x the viewers, though their share has been dropping.

Maybe Ted Cruz is the KKK Cyborg Hitler?

What if I told you Fox news almost has more viewership than MSN and CNN combined?

MK-BU042A_CNN_G_20120502195708.jpg

Perceived as crap, yes. Weather they are or not is a different story. They do have a lot of strong stances on things that most people would agree on I think. So as always it's taking the pros and cons. Problem is once you get a label or two, it doesn't matter what they do.

Its not about perception, its about looking at the actual polices... which are mostly favorable to big business. Not surprising since the whole tea party movement is actually backed by the Koch Family and big business.

images

Back