Ted Cruz indoctrination coloring book inspires hilarious comments from internet

For a while I was really trying to get away from the word supernatural for this very reason. I agree with you, if something exists then it is by default natural. The problem is so many others insist on using that word and when you try and make the distinction I find most folks don't really get it and it creates a side debate that leads nowhere.

This is partly why the word paranormal is used more often these days; but nature isn't just used to describe reality, but can be used to describe systems and individual things within reality. Supernatural could be used to describe something beyond/above the nature of a certain system, but existing within reality itself.

Well no I don't think we came from nothing. I think we came from God. But again...if existence didn't come from God but also didn't come from nothing then the only other option is that existence has always been here which I'm not sure how much science we have to support that notion. The idea of no beginning and no end conflicts with our understanding of how things in existence work.
No it doesn't. There's no "end" to energy. In fact, there's a law that contradicts that directly (the preservation of energy). I'm sorry, did I miss the temporary apocalypse, and then suddenly wake back up after it ended (somehow unconsciously willing myself out of oblivion in the process)? I just thought that was some really good weed.

That is more evidence (or empirical observation) to suggest that matter always existed than there exists to suggest that a God created us from "nothing", or somehow was himself the substance that always existed. If something existed without an act of creation, then matter is a more believable something than this particular concept of God.

Yes, which is why they have the most racially representative voting base.

You're not smart or particularly interesting, so I won't be responding to you further.

Yeah, he's just trolling. He used to post with a different character (same account).

No it doesn't. There's no "end" to energy. In fact, there's a law that contradicts that directly (the preservation of energy). I'm sorry, did I miss the temporary apocalypse, and then suddenly wake back up after it ended (somehow unconsciously willing myself out of oblivion in the process)? I just thought that was some really good weed.

That is more evidence (or empirical observation) to suggest that matter always existed than there exists to suggest that a God created us from "nothing", or somehow was himself the substance that always existed. If something existed without an act of creation, then matter is a more believable something than this particular concept of God.

10 bucks says that TCK will respond with:

1) You just don't understand. You aren't spirtually in sync with God therefore you just don't get it.

2) or Compares you to a deaf guy trying to appreciate Mozart.

That is a good point about energy. But I would say the complex order in which our universe operates makes an intelligent creator and/or director infinitely more believable than not having one.

Also, are we even sure if matter exists anymore? That whole quantum physics thing.

This is partly why the word paranormal is used more often these days; but nature isn't just used to describe reality, but can be used to describe systems and individual things within reality. Supernatural could be used to describe something beyond/above the nature of a certain system, but existing within reality itself.

I like this and agree

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back