Techniques that just don't work

Jump spinning hook kicks.

For movies they're great? They look really cool and if you do one, would probably scare the piss out of your average dumfuck on the street.

But actually causing damage?

GTFO of here. Unless the guy you're fighting is a pussy.

I don't think I ever even considered that as a technique! Maybe if you were a thalidomide midget.

A headbut to the body would be even more useless. I don't think it's illegal. Could be used in MMA I suppose.

A headbutt to the face, however, (in a street fight) is devastating.

Crescent kicks can be effective in some situations. I just about KOed a guy I was sparrin' with one once.

I'd realy like to see this.

It seems to me that a cresent kick follows the same path as a round house, but with less power and no real increase in speed.

But my stand up is very baisic, so feel free to school me.

Any technique where you spin around and turn your back to your opponent is just plain idiotic. Spinning roundhouse kicks, spinning backfists, etc. There's a tiny chance you might connect, but there's a much greater chance that you won't. When that happens, you're dead, especially on the street where you CAN kick some guy in the balls or the knees if he's opened up and spinning around! In a real fight or in the ring, forget show and flash, use the simplest, most direct techniques you can. I think guys watch too many martial arts movies.

Any technique where you spin around and turn your back to your opponent is just plain idiotic. Spinning roundhouse kicks, spinning backfists, etc. There's a tiny chance you might connect, but there's a much greater chance that you won't. When that happens, you're dead, especially on the street where you CAN kick some guy in the balls or the knees if he's opened up and spinning around! In a real fight or in the ring, forget show and flash, use the simplest, most direct techniques you can. I think guys watch too many martial arts movies.

Spinning backfists have been used to great effect by some top MMA dudes including Liddell and GSP.

Spinning techniques can work in the hands of a good MMA fighter whos got great timing. David Louiseau is a great example when he jacked that one dude up with a spinning back kick to the ribs.

Problem is, again, it has to be timed correctly or you're gonna get hurt.

Spinning backfists have been used to great effect by some top MMA dudes including Liddell and GSP.

Not to mention Shonie Carter....even though he's nto a top dude, he still smacked the hell out of Matt Serra with them...

i dont know about not using spins my instructor uses a type of spinning back kick and it usually works really well he also does it really close and it doesnt feel good to get hit with i will post a video of it as soon as i can tho

Andy looks like a real idiot here

http://www.youtube.com/v/DWafx9m71uo&hl=en

David looks like an idiot here too

http://www.youtube.com/v/Qtw1VfdtTes&hl=en

and we all know how crap Chuck is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkeL605fOiQ

Two words. Genki and Sudo.

least effective technique I actually see guys try often:

SHOOTING FOR A TAKEDOWN USING THE SUPERMAN METHOD

least effective technique I actually see guys try often:

SHOOTING FOR A TAKEDOWN USING THE SUPERMAN METHOD

SUPERMAN METHOD: Face first legs straight arms out like your trying to fly......

the dropkick.
i think genki tried one against butterbean and landed on his feet

The wristlock from a lapel grab. I actually tried this once while bouncing. I caught a right haymaker to the jaw. doh! :redface:

Yeah I think wristlocks are pretty bad in an aggressive situation. Rather punch the guy first, and if he doesn't let go THEN do the wristlock.

My combination of blocking a punch with my face then blocking a kick with my ribs isn't working very well for me right now....although I do pull it off...a lot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back