Team Alliance Fabio Clemente

T

thaiking

I have a quick question any one knows about Fabio Clemente school in NYC, Team Alliance. How is there instruction? I hear there classes are very small and they have awesome seminars. Can anyone clafiry this for me.

I trained with josh griffith in hoboken for about 6 months, a fabio clemente brownbelt, and he was and is awesome. I train with renzo now and I can't recomend it highly enough. Its all around a better academy

infamous mattyd said:
I trained with josh griffith in hoboken for about 6 months, a fabio clemente brownbelt, and he was and is awesome. I train with renzo now and I can't recomend it highly enough. Its all around a better academy

Yea but i hear rezo school cut down the class time to 1 hr. and there is no randori for white belts plus the classes are way to big from what I heard, some people told me fabio class is ral small and personal plus I heard you have towait a long time to compete

There are plenty of reasons not to train with renzo (well, maybe only one) but I don't think a lack of quality instruction has ever been one of them. I don't know anything about the school you are asking about, but it is pretty common knowledge that renzo's school is one of the best in north america. If you can't afford it or its too far that's one thing, but I can't imagine you are likely to find a better school in nyc than renzo's, regardless of your level.

i am sure he is great, price is a bit steep , but so is team alliance, but they promised to negociate the price. I was realy interested when i movd back to ny to go to renzo's until i heard the class scheduale changed to 1 hr. class with no rolling but the price went up so that really ruind i for me if i am going to pay i want to spend at least 2 hours there especially if i am commuting from brooklyn

Plus i hear renzo does not teach anymoe, is that true?

There is rolling. We always do about 15-20 minutes of rolling towards the end of class, and there is no reason you can't stay after and free roll with other students there. We are always rolling and trading techniques after class.

Renzo does teach. He teaches the blues and higher sometimes.

Yea but how does that benefit me? It takes 1 to 2 years before you get your blue belt and i would want to work with renzo, especially if I am paying so much for training. I know he has good BB but still, for the money I want enzo working with me. so it would take 2 yars to get to his class?

Both schools are good. Renzo's needs no introduction. It is one of the best. Fabio's school is smaller, but Fabio knows his stuff. He just got a bronze medal this year in his black belt division in the International Masters and Seniors.

The best thing to do is to visit both schools and find out which one is the right fit. You'll never get that kind of info from an internet thread.

I don't know about Fabio's school, i'm sure it's really good, and if you want to train there you should. You really don't NEED to train with Renzo when you are a white belt. There are plenty of talented Black Belts that can teach you.

in my experience, renzo teaches whitebelts too, its just depends on if he's there or not. he was training for adcc, then the bj fight, so he hasnt been there to teach much recently and i dont know where he is now - but that's the price you pay for training at the academy of an active competitor. there have been stretches of a couple weeks when he teaches every night, but that's not the norm.

as for the rolling, the whitebelt class is an hour with no separate randori, but there definitely IS randori. to clarify, the blue belt classes are an hour, then there is another hour of supervised/structured randori (i.e. timed rounds, little rest, one after the other, instructors busting your ass to get back on the mat)...that is what you don't do in the whitebelt class. but, no one will stop you from staying after your class to train as long as you want, you just need to move over to the side of the mat where classes arent going on. You also won't be training with the whitebelts until you're a blue belt, just until you get a couple stripes on it.

anyway, sorry for the thread hijack...you should probably train at both places for a week and see which one you like best, it would be much better than listening to what anyone posts on a message board.

Thanks for the info , I have been asking for a month on rec's but I am really struggling on finding a grappling gym, so mny , so expensive. When I finally give into the prices and relize thats what they are. I can't pick whitcu gym to atend Renzo, Fabio,Machado etc. it is a bitch especially if you have no grappling background.

I am really looking for competitive gym that will allow me to compete ASAP, so that too is important to me

If it's the price just train at Fabio's school since they are willing to lessen it. And the Machado's school is cheap. No matter the school, youll still get good instruction. BTW why the hell arent you joining Gene Dunn's school? He's located in Brooklyn and a great fuckin teacher and BB.

Gene Dunn doesn't teach really anymore, he has a purple belt teaching from what I heard and read around some forums, plus he requires a contract which is something I am tottaly against. I commit to god and my family lol not a gym. so dunn is def out of my list

thaiking said:
Gene Dunn doesn't teach really anymore, he has a purple belt teaching from what I heard and read around some forums, plus he requires a contract which is something I am tottaly against. I commit to god and my family lol not a gym. so dunn is def out of my list
Umm.. I think Renzo's also makes you sign a contract, but most of us don't care. Atleast I don't.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back