Social Teacher asks 6th grade Student not to Make Trump her Hero for Project

When sixth-graders at Samoset Middle School were assigned to pick a hero on whom they would write a report, 11-year-old Bella Moscato said her choice was a no-brainer.

"Donald Trump is my hero," she says.

The 45th U.S. president has been Bella's idol since she was 8 years old, which is why she dressed up as Trump for a third-grade class project. But Bella says when she told her sixth-grade teacher that Trump was her choice for the hero project, the teacher nixed the idea.

Bella says her teacher said Trump "spreads negativity and says bad stuff about women" in front of another teacher and students in the class. The teacher told her to pick another hero.

Bella's mother, Valerie Moscato, says she was outraged when her daughter called her from school about the incident. She says what the teacher did amounts to intimidation and censorship.

http://longisland.news12.com/story/...-couldnt-use-president-trump-for-hero-project

Man what a messed up time it is when a kid is being told by a teacher that she can't have the president of the U.S. as her hero. I agree it's a bit of an odd choice for a kid to make these days, but our country is getting way too divided. I'm 38 years old and I never remember the left and right being at each others throats like this.

I personally would not have barred the kid from choosing Trump.
Trump though is a very very divisive figure, he exploits anger and resentment.

Typical lying trumptard

This crap doesn't really give you any more relevancy around here . . . outside of a few dorks who might also say it and like it . . . . why add this to your posts?

Seriously. Can you make a comment without invoking "muh trumptards"?

This little diddy of a meme perfectly sums up your Trumpian mindset.

2ywm3f.jpg

Ooooh sick burn loser. Still waiting for you to answer questions in the other thread oh but you won’t.

You’re a liar a loser and a racist and the term TDS also suits you quite well.

This crap doesn't really give you any more relevancy around here . . . outside of a few dorks who might also say it and like it . . . . why add this to your posts?

I’m doing what 90% of the trumptards do around here. Do I need to do it? Of course not.

Show we where you chastised all the posters postings “this is it”

I get it though. Dems are always held to higher standards (which they should be)

He's been banned a million times. Just pat him on the head and move on.

He encouraged some good things but racial hatred isn't one of them and it can't be justified with feelings.

yea, And I can agree with this....

but it's also worth mentioning that he evolved from these beliefs...this "hatred".

The book is definitely worth a read...i

Ooooh sick burn loser. Still waiting for you to answer questions in the other thread oh but you won’t.

You’re a liar a loser and a racist and the term TDS also suits you quite well.
I haven't checked the other thread yet, but will do.

Ofcourse a White Nationalist like you will smear anyone opposing White Nationalism as a racist, it only exposes your own racist angst. And the screenshot I provided exposed you for the liar you are.

You tribalistic Trumpers will scream TDS at anyTrump criticism. So it means nothing, it is just trolling and admittance that you got no valid response.

I haven't checked the other thread yet, but will do.

Ofcourse a White Nationalist like you will smear anyone opposing White Nationalism as a racist, it only exposes your own racist angst. And the screenshot I provided exposed you for the liar you are.

You tribalistic Trumpers will scream TDS at anyTrump criticism. So it means nothing, it is just trolling and admittance that you got no valid response.
8d6.png

In a time when the entire history of blacks in this country was slavery and Jim Crow. In a modern context that seems unforgivable, but in proper context it is far less hard to understand. Especially when you consider that his beliefs on race eventually evolved beyond that and to something more peaceful, it’s unfair to focus on that single aspect of his entire life and condemn people who find him inspirational. It’s sort of intentionally myopic.

People tend to be intentionally naive when it comes to this topic. Obviously Trump cannot be discussed in the classroom with young students (Elementary especially) in the same exact way that other presidents have been discussed because Trump is an entirely different type of figure. He’s intentionally inflammatory, insulting, and offensive. Many students come from communities that he has specifically condescended or outright insulted.

It’s not especially difficult to understand the complicated situation that would create in the classroom. Now that doesn’t mean the girl shouldn’t be able to focus on him for her project, but a conversation would have to be had to determine what aspects of his character are heroic. The same would go for any other controversial figure.
And it's these qualities that people admired, he tells it like it is and doesn't care about people's feelings. That's what people want in politics now instead of diplomacy, I bet they aren't so eager for it in their kid's classroom. I'm genuinely interested in what is heroic about Trump, no one seems to have an answer.

When sixth-graders at Samoset Middle School were assigned to pick a hero on whom they would write a report, 11-year-old Bella Moscato said her choice was a no-brainer.

"Donald Trump is my hero," she says.

The 45th U.S. president has been Bella's idol since she was 8 years old, which is why she dressed up as Trump for a third-grade class project. But Bella says when she told her sixth-grade teacher that Trump was her choice for the hero project, the teacher nixed the idea.

Bella says her teacher said Trump "spreads negativity and says bad stuff about women" in front of another teacher and students in the class. The teacher told her to pick another hero.

Bella's mother, Valerie Moscato, says she was outraged when her daughter called her from school about the incident. She says what the teacher did amounts to intimidation and censorship.

http://longisland.news12.com/story/...-couldnt-use-president-trump-for-hero-project

Man what a messed up time it is when a kid is being told by a teacher that she can't have the president of the U.S. as her hero. I agree it's a bit of an odd choice for a kid to make these days, but our country is getting way too divided. I'm 38 years old and I never remember the left and right being at each others throats like this.

Funny. When girls want to be boys, the Conservatives hate it. Unless they want to be a conservative boy I guess.

Trump is not a hero. He stiffed boxers on money he owed them back in the day.
Fuck em, Ill slice his fuckin face open for that.
@sweetviolenturg

Last edited:
We've been having this discussion with my daughter lately. I stress to her not to participate in political nonsense at her school because she's there for an education. She knows she's allowed to believe what she wants on her own time but school is her job and she is there to learn not be indoctrinated. Its fucking bullshit that I have to have this discussion with a 12 year old.
Trans day of silence was one example. Fuck that shit. You're at school to learn, not celebrate trannies.
It's a balancing act. You don't want to push politics on to kids but you should be teaching them that it's important to care about their government and to learn about it so they can participate as an educated voter some day. The youth don't vote and apathy is far too common in today's society. We have to change that if we want an accurate democracy.

Thing is though that any kid taking a history class is getting a politicized. It's inevitable really. What's important is to teach kids to be curious and think critically. Ask questions and get more than one perspective. Teachers aren't perfect, but that doesn't mean they can't teach well.

Funny. When girls want to be boys, they Conservatives hate it. Unless the want to be a conservative boy I guess.

Trump is not a hero. He stiffed boxers on money he owed them back in the day.
Fuck em, Ill slice his fuckin face open for that.
@sweetviolenturg
He's stiffed a lot more than boxers, he had a reputation for forgetting his wallet in his other pants. The guy is everything the right should hate. It's so bizarre seeing people who despised him pull a 180 because he had a catchy slogan and a nice scapegoat.

You can see part of her assignment in the video, go to 46 seconds and hit freeze.

"How do you define a hero?": Somebody that puts their life on the line to save others.

"What are the qualities a hero possesses?": Brave, kind, loyal, and confident.

"An example of a hero?": Donald Trump

"What positive contribution has this hero made?": Helped millions of people by creating a good economy and protecting people from drugs crossing the border.

The point was to show you that the left is just as capable of hyperbole as the right you seemed to enjoy bashing . . . . so yes, your statement about folks invoking hyperbole is directly comparable.
Not sure what the hyperbole was there for the left. Ignorant demands based on knee jerk emotions, absolutely, but not a good example of the hyperbole and victimization the right seems to constantly do while criticizing the left for it.

It’s hard not to though. My kids are old enough to know Trump is a piece of shit but that’s just because I let them watch his comments and the stuff he says. If you watch a Trump press conference or rally and have even half a brain you can gather pretty quickly he is a piece of shit. It’s when parents make comments in front of their kids is when it’s a disservice. The kid who said “my dad says democrats steal our money” didn’t realize that money builds roads, bridges and goes for other social problems that she will one day enjoy.

I liken it to religion. Show your children both ways and let them choose.
Reminds me of my nephew. During the time of the election I was watching coverage and he'd ask questions so we'd talk about it. I'd just tell him about platforms and let him form his own opinions. He hated Trump with a passion. His grandparents came here from Mexico, he spent a lot of time with a lot of family still living there or just moved. He hated the way he spoke about Mexicans back then, it was a huge part of his platform.

I moved away right before the election and cut to a few years later he suddenly loves Trump. He doesn't know why exactly, all he knows is Republicans are good, Democrats are bad. He can't tell me anything about his policy, character, or anything related to who he is or how he is as a president. Which is fine since he's a kid, but he's done a complete 180 on the guy since I moved and discussed those things with him and he doesn't remember ever feeling any other way.

It all comes from my family telling him that's how it is, but they refuse to talk politics on any meaningful level. So they're basically filling him with all the tribalism of politics with nothing else, which is the most toxic part, especially for a kid. The whole family is super pro Trump constantly spouting fake news when I criticize him, but they have no problem believing anything they hear about the other side with no hesitation.

I think since Trump isn't so based in policy rather than bravado and buzzwords, he is the perfect politician for the people who don't have time or don't care to learn about politics. Which is then easily passed down to their kids since it's easy to say he's making America great again after the other side ruined it as opposed to discussing Bernie and his thoughts on medical costs and student debt.

Back