Tatsuro vs Perez— Am I the only one interested in this week’s main event?

You Will Vote For Dreyga

You have no choice
@Gold
Reaction score
I really like Tatsuro Taira as prospect. He is undefeated. He has really good grappling. Serviceable striking but has looked good in every outing.

The real kicker he is very young and still years before he peaks. So seeing him take on a top 5 dude at this point in career could be the beginning of years at the top of the division.

I have theory that JMMA is going to be making huge comeback in the UFC. I hoping Tatsuro is the first of many

THOUGHTS???

IMG_3815.jpegIMG_3816.jpeg

Last edited:
I forgot about this guy!!

Damn, is he in a 5 round main event? All his fights have ended in 1st or 2nd except for like 3 fights that went to the third round

Like the fight & I like Perez to pull off the "upset".

Perez vs Taira and Tagir vs Van are fantastic, the card overall is a shit heap though.

Yeah should be fun , Perez looking like he might just be piecing it all together for a prime against a relatively untested hot prospect.. No idea what to predict, which is always the best place to be as a spectator.

One of the interesting fights to watch this month for sure.

I wouldn't count out Perez at all either. I still remember during Perez's run how good he looked before he seemingly went downhill fast.

I do think Perez is past it and would favour Taira, but if his recent fights got his confidence up and can get his game back, who knows?

A great flw fight. I was kinda bummed out for losing Van fight, but maybe the way they split those two might have been for the better, though I rarely agree with the way they do things,

It’s a cool fight, but seems kind of forced as a headliner.

Actually a few cool sleeper fights on this card, but it ultimately doesn’t have much juice.

oh, the guy whose fights keep getting cancelled. I've been curious about him.

Does anyone know what his grappling background is? I'm always interested in non-BJJ Japanese grapplers because they do things a bit differently.

This thread pops up out of nowhere and looks suspiciously like a commercial to boost a pretty humble Card.

Did TS sell out and get a job with the UFC?

Perez vs Taira and Tagir vs Van are fantastic, the card overall is a shit heap though.
There are more fun scraps then stinkers though. Armfield/Hiestand, Johns/Andrade, Cuamba was fun in his debut, and Aliskerov returns. Looks pretty alright to me....

There are more fun scraps then stinkers though. Armfield/Hiestand, Johns/Andrade, Cuamba was fun in his debut, and Aliskerov returns. Looks pretty alright to me....

Yeah, looks like shit to me. Don't really care about " fun scraps" I like prospects, relevant fights, stand out talent and skills. Ikram is facing another can, it's super disappointing at this point. It's really low level stuff, most of the card. None of those guys you mentioned have much promise either besides Ikram.

Yeah, looks like shit to me. Don't really care about " fun scraps" I like prospects, relevant fights, stand out talent and skills. Ikram is facing another can, it's super disappointing at this point. It's really low level stuff, most of the card. None of those guys you mentioned have much promise either besides Ikram.
To each their own. Enjoy the fights bud

Asu is on the card trying to pick up his fourth UFC win in a row, but the match making isn't that great. You mentioned the most relevant fights, and you're right there's only a couple of them. Still, I'll take fun low level fights over the boring shit I've seen in the UFC for the last two weeks. At least Jeka will get a knock out or look hilariously bad on the mat and get submitted. De andrade is always an all action fighter. After watching 5 rounds of sean strickland recently, I need some action, low level or not, to cleanse the palate.

I am with you and excited for the match up because it will push Perez for a TS or give Taira an early top 5 win that could somewhat change the division.

Definitely doesn't lend itself to a very high profile main event but it should be pretty good. We just don't know much about Taira considering the competition he's fought, guess we're gonna find out.

Think you maybe a little harsh. Many surprising guys manage to make their way up the rankings. You never know what future stars maybe lurking in the undercard

Asu is on the card trying to pick up his fourth UFC win in a row, but the match making isn't that great. You mentioned the most relevant fights, and you're right there's only a couple of them. Still, I'll take fun low level fights over the boring shit I've seen in the UFC for the last two weeks. At least Jeka will get a knock out or look hilariously bad on the mat and get submitted. De andrade is always an all action fighter. After watching 5 rounds of sean strickland recently, I need some action, low level or not, to cleanse the palate.

I wish they signed Asu a bit earlier, he's a talented athlete but at 30 I don't think he can catch up to be a top 10 guy ever. And his opponent isn't much of a test, unless he ends up getting exposed. Strickland is a bore.

To each their own. Enjoy the fights bud

Yeah man, thanks. There's plenty of regional fights like Daguir Imavov vs Axel Sola that are a lot better than the UFC fights you mentioned, that ALL the ones you mentioned in terms of skill level and relevance and answering questions. Can't care too much for 13-4 vs 8-2 30 year olds who clearly don't even have the potential to ever be top 15 caliber nor any distinctly strong skillsets. Even if it's a Sanchez vs Guida brawl, I'm kinda meh on it.

Back