Tarantino Shuts Dumbass Down Video!

There was rape in the script, which I think was leaked way beforehand. Fair error. The reporter's big mistake was getting defensive about hey this just my job, man.

TARANTINO. MAKES. NO. ERRORS. SAY IT.

The reporter was asking perfectly reasonable questions. Tarantino looked like a dick.

of course idiotic punks on this website think its so "cooool" that Tarantino says "Im shutting you down"... I understand the reasons why Tarantino doesnt want to open a can of worms in this interview about a topic hes dealt with many times, however he sounded like a close minded rude uneducated person in the way he did it, again for idiotic punks that might look so cool, but in real life in an adult life he didnt handle the situation in the best way.

Master communicators like lets say Obama or Romney know how to handle situations like this, imagine if they would have reacted like this to even HARDER questions that they were asked during a debate... well they would never react like this, because those are examples of master communicators who know exactly how to handle difficult questions.... Tarantino, well his skills as a communicator are not really great and that was clearly shown by the way he reacted, and thats not "cool" as much as young punks think it is, that shows lack of adult skills that educated people have

Peace!

What a load of nonsense.

And yeah, I did think it was cool. You'll notice once he moved off the topic (after long enough) Tarantino was a total gent. I was impressed by the whole interview.

I thought QT looked like a massive idiot. There was far easier ways out of that conversation.

The reporter was pushing his agenda like a nervous used car salesman pushing a bad loan.

He tried to act as if he was doing breaking investigative work, what a joke. You could tell he was deadset on it and it was the reason for the whole "interview"

Basically, it was an ambush, and Quent wasn't having any of it

It was supposed to be an advertisement for the movie and QT has been asked the same questions regarding violence since he started making films.

QT said to check old interviews to get answers to the questions Martin Bashir continued asking.

Martin Bashir should have just asked questions about the film and got off of the violence topic.

Martin Bashir got his butt shut-down!

I wouldn't say Tarantino shut him down by any means. It's not like the guy doing the interview had planned on converting Tarantino fans and Tarantino didn't really make a good case to anyone who isn't a big fan of his.

I like his movies usually, in fact I've loved everyone I've seen besides Inglorious Basterds but there are quite a few I haven't seen. His mashup homage style is exactly how I work so I can't blame him for it and in fact it's one of the things I like about him. But I think he's a one trick pony. Violent movies is all he can do. That to me on top of his egotism, which whether you like him or not, and no matter how nice he is to his staff, can not be denied. He is FULL of himself to the point that it's humorous. They just keep me from really loving the guy. I'll always like his movies but he'll never be on a Kurosawa level to me.

The reporter was asking perfectly reasonable questions. Tarantino looked like a dick.

Reasonable questions that Tarantino has been asked since he started making films.

All Martin Bashir did was look at old interviews and recycle the questions. Hardly breaking journalism.

Bashir got his butt shut-down!

It was supposed to be an advertisement for the movie and QT has been asked the same questions regarding violence since he started making films.

QT said to check old interviews to get answers to the questions Martin Bashir continued asking.

Martin Bashir should have just asked questions about the film and got off of the violence topic.

Martin Bashir got his butt shut-down!

That advertisement shit grated me. They aren't there to sell "his" movie, they're there to do their job and get paid.

Edit-I just used they're, there, and their in one sentence. Nice.

That advertisement shit grated me. They aren't there to sell "his" movie, they're there to do their job and get paid.

Edit-I just used they're, there, and their in one sentence. Nice.

Unfortunately, Martin Bashir's job consisted of asking recycled interview questions about violence that QT has been asked a million times already. Maybe he should have asked more about the slave dialogue?

If Bashir was a real entertainment reporter he would have asked the hard hitting questions like "what is your favorite song" and "What is your favorite restaurant" then he should have giggled and performed fellatio on Tarantino off camera.

I don't know what I think about that interview. All I know is that butts were shut-down and in the end that is all that really matters.

Props on the triple "there" post! Minds were blown and butts were shut-down!

The interviewer was being a smug asshole.

He was asking Tarantino questions about the movie which I'm sure was the entire point of the interview, like Tarantino said "I'm here to sell a movie" but then he decides to go political on Tarantino and ask him about violence in which Tarantino said he didn't want to answer which should of been the end of that question.

The guy was acting stubborn and just reformatting his question and changing the matter of his question from I want to know to the fans want to know. Really? :rolleyes:

QT was not being a dick or an idiot, he simply stated he was not going to answer that question. He calmed right down as soon as he was asked another question.

QT was not being a dick or an idiot, he simply stated he was not going to answer that question. He calmed right down as soon as he was asked another question.

I noticed that. Have to respect him for that.

Reasonable questions that Tarantino has been asked since he started making films.

All Martin Bashir did was look at old interviews and recycle the questions. Hardly breaking journalism.

Bashir got his butt shut-down!

Erm, dude, that's not Martin Bashir.

I was kinda curious what his answer is, honestly. It's not like I've seen every interview he's ever done and I don't know how he's answered the question previously.

I'd love to hear your thoughts. I think the connection is stupider than the penis pump.

As for the video ... that got pretty ugly. And yes I mean Quentin's hair. I mean what the hell was that?

I don't really have any thoughts on it because I don't know enough about it. Common sense would suggests the link is weak at best considering the vast majority who view violent media behave normally.

The media like to blame video games and movies but I think that is more about sensationalist news coverage and looking for a scapegoat. We had a pretty infamous case of this about 20 yearsa ago and it still pops up in the news every now and then.

People keep saying Tarantino looked like an idiot, but the reporter was a prick. He asked a question, which Tarantino refused to answer, but the reporter kept asking it over and over again. Anyone would start to lose their cool.

People keep saying Tarantino looked like an idiot, but the reporter was a prick. He asked a question, which Tarantino refused to answer, but the reporter kept asking it over and over again. Anyone would start to lose their cool.

Pretty much sums up what happened. You can see that Quentin knows where the interviewer is taking the questions early on in the video. Quentin just got annoyed with it.

Its a legit subject and Quentin should have kept his cool a little bit more but its also a terrible job by the interviewer. He's a director, not a politician. Once Quentin said he didn't want to answer the question that should have been the end of it.

Oh no doubt the reporter looked like a dick but Tarantino by no means handled that with grace.

Pretty much sums up what happened. You can see that Quentin knows where the interviewer is taking the questions early on in the video. Quentin just got annoyed with it.

Its a legit subject and Quentin should have kept his cool a little bit more but its also a terrible job by the interviewer. He's a director, not a politician. Once Quentin said he didn't want to answer the question that should have been the end of it.

Oh no doubt the reporter looked like a dick but Tarantino by no means handled that with grace.

Agreed. He could have answered the followup questions better.

"Don't you have a responsibility to the viewers to explain?"

"With all due respect, my responsibility to the viewers is to make good cinema. Nothing else."

Would have been perfect. But Tarantino isn't a quick witted politician, he's a filmmaker.

Back