take away wheaties box & the fluke henderson kick

He was one of the best LWs back during his early UFC run. Ive never been a fan but its undeniable he was one of the top guys a couple years back. Even captured the belt and defended it.

Now whether it's age, confidence, wear and tear or USADA the reason for his big decline, its all speculation.

That off-the cage kick definitely launched Pettis' career into space. But he has never really reached his potential.

Benson is arguably a top 5 LW in UFC history.
This is insane to me, believe whatever you want bro I'm not going to argue with hardcore old-school guys that don't understand talent progression and want to bring up fights that are 7 years old. Have a good night

Biggest front runner if UFC history. He needs to retire.

looks chunky every since usada came lol

TS: "view his career and tell me hes great."

People: "he was great / had a great run"

TS: "STFU! I'm not going to get into arguments with contrarians!"

<{vega}>

Athletically too weak these days. lacks speed and power, close to zero explosiveness so he just gets overpowered by everyone in every division. Funny how he adjusts his excuses to suit. After wonderboy fight he was boasting how he felt so good at 170, then gets owned by rusty Diaz and he goes back down to 155. lol.

This is insane to me, believe whatever you want bro I'm not going to argue with hardcore old-school guys that don't understand talent progression and want to bring up fights that are 7 years old. Have a good night

How is it insane? He's tied for most defenses at LW. The only knock against him is how many of his fights were close. What 5 LWs do you have above him? His only UFC losses are against Pettis (2x), RDA and Cerrone (who he also beat twice). He's got wins over Edgar(2x), Diaz, Giblert, Josh Thomson, Masvidal

Try to find a sensible way to rank these champs:
Khabib, Conor, Alvarez, RDA, Pettis, Benson, Edgar, Penn, Sherk, Pulver

1. Khabib
2. ?????
3. ?????
4. ?????
5. ?????
6. ?????
7. ?????
8. Alvarez
9. Sherk
10. Conor

Very easy to find a way to put Bendo at 4 or 5

You went beyond full retard. There is no coming back.
Fights that are 5 years or older are irrelevant to today's topics. I don't understand your response but I'm going to assume you're living in the past.
pettis sucks against today's talent. It's unfolding in front of your eyes bro

How is it insane? He's tied for most defenses at LW. The only knock against him is how many of his fights were close. What 5 LWs do you have above him? His only UFC losses are against Pettis (2x), RDA and Cerrone (who he also beat twice). He's got wins over Edgar(2x), Diaz, Giblert, Josh Thomson, Masvidal

Try to find a sensible way to rank these champs:
Khabib, Conor, Alvarez, RDA, Pettis, Benson, Edgar, Penn, Sherk, Pulver

1. Khabib
2. ?????
3. ?????
4. ?????
5. ?????
6. ?????
7. ?????
8. Alvarez
9. Sherk
10. Conor

Very easy to find a way to put Bendo at 4 or 5
ok

TS: "view his career and tell me hes great."

People: "he was great / had a great run"

TS: "STFU! I'm not going to get into arguments with contrarians!"

<{vega}>
Not with people that invoke the name Ben Henderson and Melendez

watching the fights, not arguing. Believe whatever you want to believe. If you want to think Pettis is some great fighter then go ahead

I don't think anyone is going to say he's currently a great fighter but he unquestionably was a great fighter. His peak was nearly a decade ago but that doesn't diminish his accomplishments. He's got great and varied striking offense, bad TDD and good offensive jitz. He's currently a borderline top 10 fighter. Good but not great. Don't see the point in shitting on him.

I don't think anyone is going to say he's currently a great fighter but he unquestionably was a great fighter. His peak was nearly a decade ago but that doesn't diminish his accomplishments. He's got great and varied striking offense, bad TDD and good offensive jitz. He's currently a borderline top 10 fighter. Good but not great. Don't see the point in shitting on him.
I'm talking about current events, that's what the old school contrarians can't get through their thick skull

When the talent pool was as shallow as a kiddie pool, when BJ Penn ruled the Earth. stfu

Matt-Hughes.gif

Back