take away wheaties box & the fluke henderson kick

elbowsandwiches

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
..... after compartmentalizing those two things away, view his career and tell me hes great.
He might mentally be there, but he just isn't athletic enough.
It's like he's one-dimensional as a good striker but once grappling takes place it falls apart

Last edited:
I'd say mentally he isn't there but athletically is.

He's a legit former champ you scrublord. Practically all of his losses are to the cream of the crop. He just fucking knocked out wonderboy.

I swear Sherdoggers like "He just lose? He's trash. He just win? GOAT!"

Someone should take away TS' crayons and take his drawing off the fridge door.

Has Pettis ever had an athleticism advantage over any of his opponents?

Had about a 3 or 4 fight stretch where he looked unstoppable, other than that he's been about average

He stopped Lauzon and Cowboy 1st round strikes, then subbed Gil and Bendo.

Name any 4-finish streak as good as that. There's maybe a couple in mma history that compare.

Last edited:
He's a legit former champ you scrublord. Practically all of his losses are to the cream of the crop. He just fucking knocked out wonderboy.

I swear Sherdoggers like "He just lose? He's trash. He just win? GOAT!"
just look at his record. wonderboy was owning him until that shot too. it's all subjective

..... after compartmentalizing those two things away, view his career and tell me hes good.
He might mentally be there, but he just isn't athletic enough

So, the KO over Wonderboy, submission of Ben Henderson, and submission of Gilbert Melendez didn't do anything for you?

He's got some great wins and tough losses. There are several times he let me down (Guida, Diaz, Alvarez, etc) but he is still capable of exciting fights and moments. He may not be one of the very best anymore, but he definitely was at one point.

He had some good wins and finishes, but some bad performances as well. He got really overrated being out for so long after looking great in a couple fights. So people ignored him looking bad before then too.

I still don't understand why he got picked to be on the Wheaties box. He was out for a year and a half before that. More arbitrary UFC bs. And that picture of him in a suit was awful. heh.

So, the KO over Wonderboy, submission of Ben Henderson, and submission of Gilbert Melendez didn't do anything for you?

He's got some great wins and tough losses. There are several times he let me down (Guida, Diaz, Alvarez, etc) but he is still capable of exciting fights and moments. He may not be one of the very best anymore, but he definitely was at one point.
I'm not going to get into arguments with contrarians. Wonderboy was beating him until he got that shot in, Melendez and Benson Henderson are not great. Melendez almost lost to Diego Sanchez

..... after compartmentalizing those two things away, view his career and tell me hes good.
He might mentally be there, but he just isn't athletic enough.
It's like he's one-dimensional as a good striker but once grappling takes place it falls apart

he still be called formar lightweight champ, that sounds like other fighter that one dimensional as well.

I'm not going to get into arguments with contrarians. Wonderboy was beating him until he got that shot in, Melendez and Benson Henderson are not great. Melendez almost lost to Diego Sanchez
There is a zero % chance you were watching MMA before 2012

Back