"Tactical" Voting

Thomas Sowell suggested everyone except Cruz drop out of the election so it will just be Cruz vs. Trump. That will stop people from splitting the vote between the numerous candidates which might result in Cruz beating trump.

Hah. I read an article on Trump by Sowell just a few days ago (can't find it at the moment). He definitely isn't a fan. Basically said Trump was completely devoid of any convictions or principles besides crass self-servitude.

Hah. I read an article on Trump by Sowell just a few days ago (can't find it at the moment). He definitely isn't a fan. Basically said Trump was completely devoid of any convictions or principles besides crass self-servitude.

Harsh but fair. But it certainly applies to Cruz, Rubio and Kasich, too (well, Cruz might be a true believer--hard to tell, given that his faith lines up so well with his self interest). The difference is that the acceptable form of crass self-servitude among Republicans is running on the need to rebuild our military and winking at racists when you just want giveaways for you and your rich friends.

Last edited:
Thomas Sowell suggested everyone except Cruz drop out of the election so it will just be Cruz vs. Trump. That will stop people from splitting the vote between the numerous candidates which might result in Cruz beating trump.
That assumes people don't hate Cruz also

It also assumes that everyone else is willing to put their own ambition below that of the party. While we're entertaining that kind of unrealistic fantasy, why not just call for Trump to drop out? Also, I would think Atheist would love Trump.

Anyone else hearing this term? It is getting thrown around in Ohio, apparently some registered dems are so rustled about Trump, they are giving up the chance to vote for one of their candidates to try and block Trump from the nomination, by voting on the republican ticket.

Cliffs: "Tactical" is being used by SJW's to try and make themselves feel like they are doing something important.

I think dems have already been voting for him in states where Clinton had huge leads over Sanders, with the idea being that she'll have an easier time in the general.

I do not believe Sowell is a big fan of Ted Cruz, but I think Sowell hates Trump so much that he would rather see Cruz get in. Sowell has commented on how weak the candidates are this year.

Sowell writes,

“Some seem to think that Donald Trump’s lead in the polls and in the New Hampshire primary make him the most electable candidate, even if he often acts like an overgrown spoiled brat,” he opined. “But the fact that Trump leads in the polls does not mean that he is electable in the general election this fall. He is ahead only because the majority vote among Republicans has been split among so many other candidates.”

“As someone who once clerked for a Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, he [Ted Cruz] will know how important choosing Justice Scalia’s replacement will be. And he has the intellect to understand much more,” Sowell concluded.

Sowell has also been highly critical of Cruz:

“Freshman Senator Ted Cruz says many things that need to be said and says them well,” Sowell wrote in his syndicated column Tuesday, before going on to compare Cruz to President Obama. “Moreover, some of these things are what many, if not most, Americans believe wholeheartedly. Yet we need to remember that the same was true of another freshman Senator, just a relatively few years ago, who parlayed his ability to say things that resonated with the voters into two terms in the White House.”

“Senator Ted Cruz has not yet reached the point where he can make policy, rather than just make political trouble,” Sowell wrote. “But there are already disquieting signs that he is looking out for Ted Cruz — even if that sets back the causes he claims to be serving.”

Sources:

Conservative legend Thomas Sowell turns on Ted Cruz

Conservative Icon Thomas Sowell Endorses Ted Cruz, Says Trump Is An ‘Overgrown Spoiled Brat’

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...cruz-says-trump-is-an-overgrown-spoiled-brat/

Last edited by a moderator:
It also assumes that everyone else is willing to put their own ambition below that of the party. While we're entertaining that kind of unrealistic fantasy, why not just call for Trump to drop out? Also, I would think Atheist would love Trump.

I like Trump in in a comedic sense. It is hilarious and entertaining listening to him. It would also be funny seeing him voted in because of the unreasonable levels of fear and hatred people have of him (I think Hillary is far more terrifying than Trump). To be completely honest, I think the USA is in a bad place where it will be tragic regardless of who gets voted in as president this election.

To be brutally honest, I actually consider myself a Burkean conservative with classical liberal leanings. Sadly, I think true Conservatism died with the ridiculous neo-conservative movement.

I'm glad you found a way to shit on SJWs a little bit more, but how on Earth can you be interested in politics and only now be discovering what tactical voting is? Or do you only refer to it as "strategic" voting and you're deeply upset that these people are using a synonym of "strategic"?

I don't know what suggested I was deeply upset, or is this a common technique of SJW's like yourself to be "tactical" in your stance? Or would you care to enlighten me as to what you are actually trying to say Mr. Thesaurus, which is an alternative to me calling you a fucking douche bag, whoops I said it anyhow.

Is saying Rush Limbaugh around liberals like showing daylight to vampires?

I don't know, I am not a liberal, I just don't care to draw publicity to someone that should clearly be viewed as a moron, no matter your political leanings, and therefore not worthy of free advertisement.

I don't know, I am not a liberal, I just don't care to draw publicity to someone that should clearly be viewed as a moron, no matter your political leanings, and therefore not worthy of free advertisement.

Its an internet forum, and everyone that's politically inclined knows what you're talking about, so don't act scared to say Rush Limbaugh, it gives him credibility you're trying to deny him.

I like Trump in in a comedic sense. It is hilarious and entertaining listening to him. It would also be funny seeing him voted in because of the unreasonable levels of fear and hatred people have of him (I think Hillary is far more terrifying than Trump). To be completely honest, I think the USA is in a bad place where it will be tragic regardless of who gets voted in as president this election.

To be brutally honest, I actually consider myself a Burkean conservative with classical liberal leanings. Sadly, I think true Conservatism died with the ridiculous neo-conservative movement.

That doesn't really make any sense. I would think you'd like Trump because like you, he puts identity politics over any governing philosophy. That would explain why you'd worry more about Clinton than him if you're actually a Burkean conservative with classical liberal leanings. You realize that all of the other candidates are proposing pretty radical changes, right?

That doesn't really make any sense. I would think you'd like Trump because like you, he puts identity politics over any governing philosophy. That would explain why you'd worry more about Clinton than him if you're actually a Burkean conservative with classical liberal leanings. You realize that all of the other candidates are proposing pretty radical changes, right?

Identity politics are not everything.

Identity politics are not everything.

Again, if that is true (and if you're actually a Burkean conservative with classical liberal leanings), what possible reason would you have for favoring Trump or any other candidate over Clinton?

Again, if that is true (and if you're actually a Burkean conservative with classical liberal leanings), what possible reason would you have for favoring Trump or any other candidate over Clinton?

Clinton is in the back pockets of the corporations. Both Hillary and her husband are corporate shills eager to sell of the country.

Clinton is in the back pockets of the corporations. Both Hillary and her husband are corporate shills eager to sell of the country.

Even granting that ridiculous claim, that's not answering the question.

"Given your stated beliefs, why would you prefer X over Y?"
"Y is bad for vague reasons unrelated to my stated beliefs."

It seems clear that your objection is entirely about identity politics. I'm interested in seeing how I could be wrong, though.

Its an internet forum, and everyone that's politically inclined knows what you're talking about, so don't act scared to say Rush Limbaugh, it gives him credibility you're trying to deny him.

I explained the reason why I didn't say his name. Maybe reading comprehension isn't your thing.

Anyone else hearing this term? It is getting thrown around in Ohio, apparently some registered dems are so rustled about Trump, they are giving up the chance to vote for one of their candidates to try and block Trump from the nomination, by voting on the republican ticket.

Cliffs: "Tactical" is being used by SJW's to try and make themselves feel like they are doing something important.

Can they switch out like that? I tried to in NY State, and told me there is a grace period, and make it too late to affect this election. I am basically stuck until next election.

I don't know what suggested I was deeply upset, or is this a common technique of SJW's like yourself to be "tactical" in your stance? Or would you care to enlighten me as to what you are actually trying to say Mr. Thesaurus, which is an alternative to me calling you a fucking douche bag, whoops I said it anyhow.

My point could not be more clear: how could someone with an interest in politics just now be discovering the outrage of tactical voting? And could your frail mind have handled it if you discovered Republicans doing it?

I voted for Donald Trump in the Primaries even though I have no intention of voting for him in general.

My point could not be more clear: how could someone with an interest in politics just now be discovering the outrage of tactical voting? And could your frail mind have handled it if you discovered Republicans doing it?

latest

Back