Sweaty Paulo Costa Showing off his Shadow Boxing

If his technique is bad than how did he beat Hall with it? Mind you he didnt use wrestling to win that fight and Urijah is consider to be a very good striker. Ko'ed Moose with a kick and in the second fight had him wrestling him to get the win instead of striking with him.

I think most likely he's tired after a rigorous training session.

This guy is the boogey man that Novinski looks under his bed for.

It's weird, his shadow boxing looks terrible. Yet he looks like a very solid and well balanced striker in the cage
Because when you shadow box you're not suppose to fully extend into shots. He does it with jabs and straights which usually okay. The hooks are exaggerated by the elbow being very high. This is done to work on having hooks go over opponents punches and to generate better power through the different hook angles.

He should be a ring gay for invicta weigh ins.
Him and Elias looking 'fabulouthhh' together.

@drbolony so I give you examples of Urijah hall outstriking a very good striker Moose in their first fight and then Moose having to resort to wrestling Urijah to beat him as a way to show you he is a good striker and you tell me I dont know nothing? You are aware that Urijah also had a very close fight with the champ as well? The champ wasnt able to put Urijah away but Costa was able to make him crumble with his power. I am not saying Costa has very good technique but when you add his power to what he knows then that is good enough for this division. Dude's power is good enough for him to be one of the most dangerous fighters at MW.

I am not saying the guy is some dynamic striker. He is good at what he does and his power carries it.
Forget it.

Meh...

Why not simply do that in front of a fuqqin punching bag???

I’ll echo that he looks really bad, but he also looks tired as fuck, which makes you look really bad. Not really worth reading into.

@drbolony Are you even a real Doctor dude? Is that just a lie too?
giphy.gif

I like his stand-up a lot, wish there were more fighters like him doing MMA. He's changed a ton since his days on The Ultimate Fighter in Brazil.

It's weird, his shadow boxing looks terrible. Yet he looks like a very solid and well balanced striker in the cage

he wins because he's literally a tank. he can take any shot, so he just comes forward and throws bombs.
He's the most overrated fighter right now.

If his technique is bad than how did he beat Hall with it? Mind you he didnt use wrestling to win that fight and Urijah is consider to be a very good striker. Ko'ed Moose with a kick and in the second fight had him wrestling him to get the win instead of striking with him.
Well Hall isn't consistent, like at all. One day he's champ material, top 10 ko highlight in history, and the next day he folds under the tiniest of pressure. Never bank on Uriah Hall, but I really like the guy.

Back