Superbowl....over it.

I’m more interested when New England is in the game, but this year’s matchup is great on paper. The most balanced team versus the most dynamic offense.

The super bowl party is most interesting to me for the amount of ways they find to serve cheese at those things. Wings with Bleu cheese dressing, nachos, pretzels stuffed with cheese, meet and cheese plate, pizza, mozzarella sticks, jalapeño poppers, various dips, and I bring chili cheese dogs. I barely even drink at the party and still wake up the next morning feeling toxic.
new england is probably the reason I started not enjoying super bowls their dominance made they game less exciting sort of the same thing happening in champions league when spain dominated for about a decade.

I do put it on in the background, but dont pay too much attention. I will def watch the half time show this year, because Shakira is my waifu.

Football is boring tho, I put it kn in the background so i can at least seem like i am normal at work and can make comments

new england is probably the reason I started not enjoying super bowls their dominance made they game less exciting sort of the same thing happening in champions league when spain dominated for about a decade.

I understand, but I’m in Boston, it’s always more fun when the home team is playing. I’d feel the same way if it was any other team.

Seriously. Every year its the same thing. Friends have a massive superbowl party, mainly to get wasted as most of them couldn't name more than 2 players on a team, but act as if this was life or death. I didn't go last year and they grilled me about it for a long time. This year I made up another excuse, cause to be honest its a total waste of my time. Id rather be watching old episodes of Seinfeld or cleaning my garage.

Am I nuts or does everyone else take the superbowl waaaaaaay too seriously, even though some of them rarely even watch the sport.

I think for most people (particularly those who don't follow football) it's just an excuse to gather around with friends and party (not that there is anything wrong with that).

It’s just a party

giphy.gif

You come across as that nerd that watches all the cool kids party and have fun while you sit on the sidelines with jealously.

Then you make yourself feel better by thinking you're better than all those simple minded animals.

I forgot, the cool kids have beer guts and get plastered watching football with all its million stoppages and fruity half time shows. Damn I wish I was one of the cool kids.....like damn.

I forgot, the cool kids have beer guts and get plastered watching football with all its million stoppages and fruity half time shows. Damn I wish I was one of the cool kids.....like damn.
This lashing out is further proving his point.

I’m an nfl dork... so every year been watching football since 10 years old.
Extra special this year because my fly over hometown team is in it. 50 years of close calls and heartbreak, so this is a special event.

I’ll be having my own small get together in the Monday morning here in PH with the gal and a couple of her and my friends at my place. I’m taking the day off... so it’ll be fun.

source.gif

Last edited:
I'll probably watch it ,although it sucks my team the cowboys aren't in it

I'll probably watch it ,although it sucks my team the cowboys aren't in it
Lol that hasn’t happened since Starter jackets were the cool new thing.

You should be used to it by now.

this halftime performance sounds terrible shakira and jlo wtf what is this 2002. I am really not excited about this superbowl at all now.

I’m an nfl dork... so every year been watching football since 10 years old.
Extra special this year because my fly over hometown team is in it. 50 years of close calls and heartbreak, so this is a special event.

I’ll be having my own small get together in the Monday morning here in PH with the gal and a couple of her and my friends at my place. I’m taking the day off... so it’ll be fun.

source.gif
are you taking monday off or where you supposed to work sunday?

Seriously. Every year its the same thing. Friends have a massive superbowl party, mainly to get wasted as most of them couldn't name more than 2 players on a team, but act as if this was life or death. I didn't go last year and they grilled me about it for a long time. This year I made up another excuse, cause to be honest its a total waste of my time. Id rather be watching old episodes of Seinfeld or cleaning my garage.

Am I nuts or does everyone else take the superbowl waaaaaaay too seriously, even though some of them rarely even watch the sport.

It's just all smoke and mirrors at this point. The game itself doesn't even matter any more. It's definitely a circus and I've lost a lot of interest. This year also has a talentless, 50-year-old cum bucket in Lopez during the halftime show, so even if I watched the game, I'd have to find a way to get away from it all for that half hour.

I normally don't care but Mahomes is a local boy and I'm friends with his cousin (very cute chick) so I'll be watching.

This lashing out is further proving his point.

What was his point again, that cool kids love the Superbowl and nerds don't? That's a pretty idiotic point he's trying to make. The Superbowl is dogshit these days.

Back