Super Fight: Marvelous Hagler vs Felix Trinidad

I don't you mind posting updates on boxing news, but shit threads like this need to stop. Trinidad is one of the most simple minded offensive fighters evar... And you think he can compete with Hagler, who can damn well do anything and everything as a fighter. Plus, he's like 10 times tougher than Trinidad.

Trinidad, one of the most overrated offensive machines evar. Good punching arsenal, sharp punches, but questionable technique and shit balance. Cotto is a better all round fighter than Trinidad. Trinidad was a big fish who wrapped his hands in a way to give him more power. The guy gets mesmerized by jabs. Trinidad might beat a decent boxer, but he never, evar will beat a great fighter.

Thats a little harsh and a little untrue. Tito is already considered as one of the all time greats maybe far on the ladder but he ran the 147 pound division. Didnt lose until he went up 2 weight classes above his natural weight.

And to be frank I dont really give a shit if you dont like this thread. I posted it up to get some feed back cause enjoy talking about boxing. Im not posting it cause i think 100% that Tito would win but to get this stale boxing forum talking about other shit besides Floyd and Pac.

I wouldn't even put Trinidad up there against the best of 147 of all time. Leonard and Hearns would have ran a train on him.

And I don't throw the word "GREAT" so lightly. De la hoya is a better fighter than Trinidad and 6 division champ, but I don't even consider him GREAT. De la hoya is a very good fighter, but not great. Trinidad is below De la hoya.

Last edited:
Thats a little harsh and a little untrue. Tito is already considered as one of the all time greats maybe far on the ladder but he ran the 147 pound division. Didnt lose until he went up 2 weight classes above his natural weight.

And to be frank I dont really give a shit if you dont like this thread. I posted it up to get some feed back cause enjoy talking about boxing. Im not posting it cause i think 100% that Tito would win but to get this stale boxing forum talking about other shit besides Floyd and Pac.

If you enjoy being called a dipshit the whole time by all the regulars, be my guest... dipshit.

Does Tito get his special wraps? Either way he loses painfully.

Hell, Hearns right hand is more devastating than Tito's left hook. If Hagler can shrug off Hearn's right hand, Tito's left hook at best would tickle. Tito would be fucking dead. DEAD! With Trinidad's nervous energy, shit balance early in the fight, and his desire to press, Trinidad wouldn't make it out of the first three rounds.

If you enjoy being called a dipshit the whole time by all the regulars, be my guest... dipshit.

Lol, when i first saw this match up I thought, what dipshit dreamed this up,lol. Hagler would absolutely massacre Tito. Next thread will be Mayorga vs Roy Jones, who wins?

Good rebuttal. I like how you used zero knowledge at all. I make the assumption thats how much you know of boxing considering you were talking like Tito was just a nobody.

Good rebuttal. I like how you used zero knowledge at all. I make the assumption thats how much you know of boxing considering you were talking like Tito was just a nobody.

Okay, dipshit.

Those who think TOO highly of Tito are either puerto rican or casual fans who like offense. Is he entertaining to watch? Yes. Does he have a warrior heart? Yes. Was he a good fighter? Yes.

But... Flawed? Hell yes. Questionable career in how he wrapped his hands? YES! Loves running into jabs? Yep, can't miss them. Getting dropped often and early? Yeah, crap balance and nervous energy.

Tito was a huge welterweight who took advantage of his size at 147. His size for the most part neutralize what he didn't have in technique. But when he fought men his size with real skills, he struggled (Sweet Pea would probably have beaten him if he was on crack all the time and past it by the time they met). In fact, it got to a point it was embarrassing to see him fight. Sorry, but Tito doesn't cut the list in matching greats. At 147, Ray Leonard would have dance circles around him... Tommy Hearns would have jabbed his face off with his jab before putting his lights out with his straight right.

He might fare better against old timers like Carmen Basilio who will be willing to stand infront of him. But others like Kid Gavilan, who had good movement, good counters and jab, and solid toughness (Kid never got KOed) would grind Tito down.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now, 13 pounds above his best weight and you think he would be competitive against one of the most complete and toughest middleweights of all time? One can't be serious in posing this question if that person knows anything about boxing. It's a stupid ass question.

Dude....What? I never liked Tito I thought he was overrated. I like Hagler does things to him that would make him never put the mitts on again. I think Marvin KO's him in the early rounds BRUTALLY.

Hagler via round 6 KO/TKO.

I just don't see Tito being able to stop Hagler who had a great chin. He took hard shots from Hearns and kept coming forward. Mugabi also hit him with some huge shots (he actually pissed blood for a while after that fight) and he seemed unfazed.

I am not even a Hagler fan but I see him winning this convincingly.

You people really exist? i thought you were like unicorns and leprechauns...

You people really exist? i thought you were like unicorns and leprechauns...
haha.

It's not that I dislike him or anything like that and I think he won against Leonard. He was very exciting to watch, especially his fight with Hearns.

Just not someone whom I followed and watched every fight of his like I do with other fighters that I like.

is this for real? Hagler would maul him 10 out 10 times

Hell, Hearns right hand is more devastating than Tito's left hook. If Hagler can shrug off Hearn's right hand, Tito's left hook at best would tickle. Tito would be fucking dead. DEAD! With Trinidad's nervous energy, shit balance early in the fight, and his desire to press, Trinidad wouldn't make it out of the first three rounds.

That is a very good summary.

I saw southpaw Hagler agaisnt Sugar Ray Leonard and Hagler can't fight backing up.
Tito Trinidad ALWAYS backs them up, and Trinidad destroyed southpaws like Sweetpeen Whitaker and Groucho Camacho.

Hagler couldn't block a left hook to save his life, and Tito has the most damnable left hook in Boxing history.

Or Trinidad could simply outbox Melvin to a 15 rd decision just like Sugar Ray did, dance to a decision and a Title!

Most likely though, Felix Tito Trinidad crushes Ravenous Melvin Hagler in the 1st rd in a classic mismatch.

^ How's that, kingofdipshits, is that the kind of response you were lookin' for?

You're welcome...

...dipshit.

Enswell were you born a troll or did your daddy teach you how to be one?

Back