Super Fight: Marvelous Hagler vs Felix Trinidad

Wow, Hagler by whatever he wants, Tito had no business @ 160 other than making Joppy his new toy for Christmas

Thats a little harsh and a little untrue. Tito is already considered as one of the all time greats maybe far on the ladder but he ran the 147 pound division. Didnt lose until he went up 2 weight classes above his natural weight.

And to be frank I dont really give a shit if you dont like this thread. I posted it up to get some feed back cause enjoy talking about boxing. Im not posting it cause i think 100% that Tito would win but to get this stale boxing forum talking about other shit besides Floyd and Pac.

Well, if were honest, Tito didn't deserve a victory over DLH. For 8 rounds, that was a one sided display that left Tito looking confused..
Then he moved up and lost to Hop. Then down and lost to Winky. He had trouble with people that could handle his physical strength and speed, and had the skill to work inside his storm.

I don't even think he is the best 147-154 jmid from puerto rico as a result. I think Wilfredo Benitez would have toyed with him.

Hagler would have done a damn sight worse..

The problem with Tito is that his fanboys made Pactards and Maytards look reasonable.. I can remember getting dogpiled on the espn boards for jumping in on a conversation titled "Tito would destroy Roy Jones"... I can also recall threads that matched tito vs. heavyweights.. at his peak, his fans were ruining how good he was by setting the bar on him way too fucking high. He was a great fighter.. but that wasn't enough for them.. that wanted him to be this physics defying destroyer of worlds.. and that made being a tito fan hard.. but his style and courage always won me over in the end.

Well, if were honest, Tito didn't deserve a victory over DLH. For 8 rounds, that was a one sided display that left Tito looking confused..
Then he moved up and lost to Hop. Then down and lost to Winky. He had trouble with people that could handle his physical strength and speed, and had the skill to work inside his storm.

I don't even think he is the best 147-154 jmid from puerto rico as a result. I think Wilfredo Benitez would have toyed with him.

The problem with Tito is that his fanboys made Pactards and Maytards look reasonable.. I can remember getting dogpiled on the espn boards for jumping in on a conversation titled "Tito would destroy Roy Jones"... I can also recall threads that matched tito vs. heavyweights.. at his peak, his fans were ruining how good he was by setting the bar on him way too fucking high. He was a great fighter.. but that wasn't enough for them.. that wanted him to be this physics defying destroyer of worlds.. and that made being a tito fan hard.. but his style and courage always won me over in the end.

Ya your right about his fans. Im a huge fan of his but never delusional. The man had charisma though. People ate that shit up. I remember he wanted to be the first to beat RJJ, I was like damn thats never gonna happen but as a fan I wanted to see him try.

Ya your right about his fans. Im a huge fan of his but never delusional. The man had charisma though. People ate that shit up. I remember he wanted to be the first to beat RJJ, I was like damn thats never gonna happen but as a fan I wanted to see him try.

Yeah.. he had a spirit of conquest.. he wanted to move up and prove himself against the odds... thats one of the reasons Pac blew up like he did.. because of that spirit.. people love to see a guy do something that nobody thinks is possible.

Hold on now, yall getting a little out of hand here. No Tito didn't belong at 160,but at 147 he beats everybody SRL,Druran,Pryor, Hearns,Mayweather,Pacman,SRR and Everyone else you could think of. Yes Oscar put on a good show for a few rds but then he ran like a bitch, cause he knew that Tito carried his power into the late rds and didn't want to get KO like Vargas. And for you guys who say he never beats a great fighter, I thought he was the first guy to give Sweat Pea his first Real Loss.

Haters all of you, there should be stadiums built in his
honor. Ring mag. should change the title of P4P to the Tito
Champ. The boxing Hall of Fame should be called The Flex
"Tito" Trinadad Hall and in should have a wing just for him
and only pics of everyone else. You guys are lucky to see him in his true greatness and now you speak ill of him, Blasphemy.

Didnt I already put you in your place ?
You haven't put a single person in their place in this forum. It's just been great watching everyone take steaming dump on you. I just realized you're making a fool of yourself. I don't need to help you. So I just stopped. And I won't be responding to you again. But I will laugh as EVERYONE makes fun of you.

Last edited:
Obviously no one really knows but has anybody stood toe to toe and banged with Tito not been ko'd by Tito. The answer is no. To think Hagler would run through a guy that was 34-0 with 30 ko's assuming a little to much to me. His losses were to b-hop( used the hit and run tactic with great defense) Winky( a hard fight for anyone and bad for Titos style) Roy jones(to big and too fast).

Yeah but you dont beat Hagler in a war of attrition.

I'm going with Hagler by KO in the middle rounds. He's bigger, stronger and has proven his chin against bigger and harder punchers than Trinidad.

You haven't put a single person in their place in this forum. It's just been great watching everyone take steaming dump on you. I just realized you're making a fool of yourself. I don't need to help you. So I just stopped. And I won't be responding to you again. But I will laugh as EVERYONE makes fun of you.

We could go over the posts again of how you said Cotto only fought twice at jww. Ive already seen through you. Your boxing knowledge is ameteurish at best. And yes I put you in your place and you know it. Dont try to lie, I posted evidence and you had shit to say.

you gave 8 straight rounds to DLH? I had DLH up 6-2 after 8.

you gave 8 straight rounds to DLH? I had DLH up 6-2 after 8.

It's been a long time, but lets revisit it

watched it and here's my take

Round 1:
DLH lands a half hook at 2:05 that sets Tito on his back foot. This is the first significant punch landed of the fight. AT :33. DLH lands a nice combo which is opened with an exceptional right hand. Other than those two moments, this was a feeling out round. I only saw Tito land one clean punch the whole round which was a jab to the body. He got some glancing blows in but Oscar takes the first
10-9

Round 2:
DLH jabbed the hell out of Tito, but Tito evened things out with two nice hooks late.. DLH closed the last 10 seconds and landed a right that set tito on his back foot again just before the bell to take the round. If you are doing E for effort rounds, this is one that could go to tito.
20-18

Round 3:
Oscar jabbing the hell out of Tito again. Big uppercut for Oscar at the 40 second mark nullifies an earlier hook from tito. Another uppercut seconds later and a nice right just before the bell to seal the deal.
30-27

Round 4:
Tito landed some good rights in the 4th.. I

Hold on now, yall getting a little out of hand here. No Tito didn't belong at 160,but at 147 he beats everybody SRL,Druran,Pryor, Hearns,Mayweather,Pacman,SRR and Everyone else you could think of. Yes Oscar put on a good show for a few rds but then he ran like a bitch, cause he knew that Tito carried his power into the late rds and didn't want to get KO like Vargas. And for you guys who say he never beats a great fighter, I thought he was the first guy to give Sweat Pea his first Real Loss.

and only pics of everyone else. You guys are lucky to see him in his true greatness and now you speak ill of him, Blasphemy.

my man

hold on now, yall getting a little out of hand here. No tito didn't belong at 160,but at 147 he beats everybody srl,druran,pryor, hearns,mayweather,pacman,srr and everyone else you could think of. Yes oscar put on a good show for a few rds but then he ran like a bitch, cause he knew that tito carried his power into the late rds and didn't want to get ko like vargas. And for you guys who say he never beats a great fighter, i thought he was the first guy to give sweat pea his first real loss.

honor. Ring mag. Should change the title of p4p to the tito
champ. The boxing hall of fame should be called the flex
"tito" trinadad hall and in should have a wing just for him
and only pics of everyone else. You guys are lucky to see him in his true greatness and now you speak ill of him, blasphemy.

lol

Hagler wrecks Trinidad. This isn't even a fight, Hagler ruins Tito

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Again not saying Tito would win but Some are sleeping on his power. 27 ko's in five rounds or less.

Yea but I call into question the hand wrapping:icon_twis

Hand wrap controversy or not Hagler stops Tito in the early rounds

Again not saying Tito would win but Some are sleeping on his power. 27 ko's in five rounds or less.

how many of em at 160? And how many of em against Top5 MW of All-Time?

If either is more than 5, you win.

Back