Super Fight: Marvelous Hagler vs Felix Trinidad

kingobould***

Purple Belt
Reaction score
This is one for the ages. Hagler being one of my favorites of all time and Tito also one of my Faves.

I think this would be a war, obviously considering there styles.

I think Hagler plays into what Trinidads strengths are. Tito has a hard time with guys who hit and run. I think he takes it 6 out of ten times.

Im gonna pick Tito. Who you guys got

at mw marvin is bigger,smarter and too skilled for tito

Hagler via ko or tko in mid rounds - he ate hard fucking right hands from Hearns and got "madder." He also took out Mugabi's tough ass.

I dont think this is much of a superfight, its just Tito getting beat on from round 3-4 to whenever he decides to fall on the canvas

Obviously no one really knows but has anybody stood toe to toe and banged with Tito not been ko'd by Tito. The answer is no. To think Hagler would run through a guy that was 34-0 with 30 ko's assuming a little to much to me. His losses were to b-hop( used the hit and run tactic with great defense) Winky( a hard fight for anyone and bad for Titos style) Roy jones(to big and too fast).

Last edited:
Obviously no one really knows but has anybody stood toe to toe and banged with Tito not been ko'd by Tito. The answer is no. To think Hagler would run through a guy that was 34-0 with 30 ko's before moving up and eventually losing.

hagler walked throught hearns best and hearns had far more pop then tito

Hagler via round 6 KO/TKO.

I just don't see Tito being able to stop Hagler who had a great chin. He took hard shots from Hearns and kept coming forward. Mugabi also hit him with some huge shots (he actually pissed blood for a while after that fight) and he seemed unfazed.

I am not even a Hagler fan but I see him winning this convincingly.

Kind of an odd pairing.
A career Middleweight against a Welterweight who had difficulty moving up.
Hagler- easy.
Easier than Hagler-Hearns, or Hopkins-Trinidad.

I love Tito and was the last fighter I was a fanboy of. At 147 Tito gives any fighter in history a fight, at 160 his power isn't there and he becomes a less threatening fighter. Hagler would play into TiTo strengths but he would be to big and strong for Tito, so I would go with Hagler in this fight.

Marvin....EASY.

For so so so many reasons.

First off Tito at 160 wasn't Tito at his best.

Secondly I absolutely doubt Tito hurts Marvin.

Thirdly to beat Marvin you can't be a one armed fighter.

Kind of an odd pairing.
A career Middleweight against a Welterweight who had difficulty moving up.
Hagler- easy.
Easier than Hagler-Hearns, or Hopkins-Trinidad.

Ya I guess it is, I was picturing in my head a fight at 154. I know Hagler fought most of his career at 160 but i believe early on he was a little bit lighter.

Ya I guess it is, I was picturing in my head a fight at 154. I know Hagler fought most of his career at 160 but i believe early on he was a little bit lighter.

As far as I remember, Hagler was a true 160 pounder (weighing in around 158-160 for most of his fights) his whole career and maybe once or twice cut to around 155.

Obviously no one really knows but has anybody stood toe to toe and banged with Tito not been ko'd by Tito. The answer is no. To think Hagler would run through a guy that was 34-0 with 30 ko's assuming a little to much to me. His losses were to b-hop( used the hit and run tactic with great defense) Winky( a hard fight for anyone and bad for Titos style) Roy jones(to big and too fast).

Winky stood right in front of him all fight.

I love tito, but he would be in for a beatin if he faced Hagler.

Marvin was a tremendous MW, tito has no chance. Tito in the welterweight has some serious power but when he move weight he doesnt bring it to him. Hell Delahoya beat him technically and decisively at 147.

As far as I remember, Hagler was a true 160 pounder (weighing in around 158-160 for most of his fights) his whole career and maybe once or twice cut to around 155.

Hagler was winning the National AAU title in the 75kg/165 lbs division just a week or two before turning pro. May not have weighed the limit for that tournament as he was competing in the 71kg/156 lbs division when losing to Dale Grant in the National Golden Gloves finals just a few months before that AAU tournament. But regardless, he was a natural middleweight then and stayed as such through his whole career. Like you said, TPV.

I don't you mind posting updates on boxing news, but shit threads like this need to stop. Trinidad is one of the most simple minded offensive fighters evar... And you think he can compete with Hagler, who can damn well do anything and everything as a fighter. Plus, he's like 10 times tougher than Trinidad.

Trinidad, one of the most overrated offensive machines evar. Good punching arsenal, sharp punches, but questionable technique and shit balance. Cotto is a better all round fighter than Trinidad. Trinidad was a big fish who wrapped his hands in a way to give him more power. The guy gets mesmerized by jabs. Trinidad might beat a decent boxer, but he never, evar will beat a great fighter.

Back