Stupid: Men's Health Muscle Madness

This poll is going in a suprisingly non-metro way. I was a little suprised to see bench dominate curls like that, but anyone want to bet bench wins it all? Deadlift is an easy winner for that bracket, so are pullups for its bracket, any thoughts on what the men's health crowd will pick in the "strength" category? Squats are an easy winner in "power"

US Mens Health is awesome compared to here. German Mens Health has a newish article with "the best exercises" that is currently being referenced in all other fitness/strength articles as background reading. Leg exercises include leg press, leg curls, this standing glute thing women do, abductor machine and calf raises. No free weight exercise.

there we go... worked for me now... I really hope bench doesn't beat power clean...

anyone want to wager what number 1 will be now that the quarter finals are about to take place?

I don't want to wager (too many bets going on) but here are my predictions --

Elite Eight

Deads vs. hanging leg raises -- Hanging leg raises

Bench press vs. powercleans -- Bench press

Pull ups/chins vs. lunges -- Pull ups/chins

Squats vs. One-leg RDLs -- Squats

Final Four

Hanging leg raises vs. Bench press -- Bench press

Pull ups/chins vs. Squats -- Squats

Finals

Bench press vs. Squats -- Squats

I don't want to wager, I just thought some people might want to throw guesses out there. you really think leg raises will beat deads?

If bench press doesn't win, I'll be very surprised.

I don't want to wager, I just thought some people might want to throw guesses out there. you really think leg raises will beat deads?

Yeah -- the average MH reader probably has a lot less experience with deads than HLRs. And the way MH typically promotes deads is to say "do one set of 10 reps, guy!" Which of course limits the benefits you'll get and the deep sense of devotion you'll form.

Of course, if there are a lot of, shall we say, "insurgent votes" coming in, I may be wrong.

im only 18, but thanks. Nice to know theres Clash fans on Sherdog.

I think Bubble Boy may be S&P's biggest Clash fan.

Here's a nifty clip from their early days --

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y_C78zw5i8U&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y_C78zw5i8U&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

The site realized that Tamil wasn't a man.

The site wouldn't cooperate with my work PC, lol.

Women's mags/sites don't have stuff like this, they tend to have "how to be wafer-thin" articles.

Well, I'm officially wrong. And deadlifts rule.

Yes, the mighty deadlift defeated, nay -- trounced, the hanging leg raise as the "Men's Health" core exercise of choice.

Pull ups and chins walloped lunges, squats absolutely pimp-slapped one-leg RDLs, and -- in the only outcome that may cause a few S&P tears to fall -- bench press edged out powercleans.

It's now down to the Final Four --

Deadlifts vs. Bench presses

Pull ups/chins vs. Squats

Keep stuffing that electronic ballot box, gang.

http://www.menshealth.com/musclemadness/?cm_mmc=DailyDoseNL-_-2008_03_18-_-MainBlk-_-Muscle_Madness

Edited to correct stupid error caused by me being stupid.

I think it is deads vs bench press and squat vs pull up/chin

I think Deads will take it. I wonder if we are most of the votes on that site. lol!

did the s+p mass spam that site? how are bench, squat, chins and deads the final four????

Because guys that use the Internet are probably quite well informed about lifting. Also Im sure theres some Powerlifting forum somewhere thats made it like a personal crusade to make sure Squats/Deadlifts wins.

Back