Stupid: Men's Health Muscle Madness

What is the difference between strength and power?

If we assume that strength is just force applied over a distance (work), then power is how fast the distance was covered.

Sucked voting for the shitty vs shitty exercises and then having to choose between pullups/chinups and dips.

The Incredible Hulk vs. Dr. Xavier

I believe it's Professor Xavier

and when the fuck did he get so jacked?

250px-Xav-lopr.png

I have to admit that I liked some of the exercise descriptions. Some sounded like being written by a castrated Carnal.

I still wouldn't do him. Dude has some pointy knees.

Update -- The pack has already been narrowed to 16.

Deadlifts are still in, as are squats and bench presses. Chins and pull ups defeated dips. Farmer's walks got knocked out of the running. Also, powercleans advanced to the next round despite getting a smaller percentage of the vote than DB cleans and presses -- is this a work?

Next round will see what many observers (me, anyway) see as the two definitive Men's Health match-up -- squats vs. leg press and bench press vs. biceps curl.

Read all about it here -- http://www.menshealth.com/musclemadness/?cm_mmc=DailyDoseNL-_-2008_03_18-_-MainBlk-_-Muscle_Madness

the biceps curl is the heavy favorite

the biceps curl is the heavy favorite

Why do you say that? It only beat the Bulgarian Split Squat (whatever the hell those even are) by 8%. The Bench Press won by 61%.

Bench Press is gonna anihilate the competition.

If lat pulldown beats power clean then someone will die...

At the risk of beating the stain that used to be a horse, this really is stupid. WTF is up with the power category? Yeeeeah, when I think "power", I immediately jump to my catalog of unilateral exercises, leg extensions, and leg curls.

That being said, I voted. If nothing else, squats better beat leg press.

Back