STRONG documentary (DeFranco)

He said info on where and when to see it will be released in the next couple of weeks. When he originally anounced it, he implied that they were trying to get it shown on television first and later be released on DVD.

I've been looking forward to this for a while, so I'm pumped that it's getting closer to release. Also, as most here, I wuld love to train there or in a similar environment.

I think finding the right training partner would be just as good especially if it was more than one. But theres times I work alone and don't have music on at all and just lift and keep going as intense as I can just to see how far I'm willing and can push "myself" with out the pumping up effect of music or a crowd.

Any new word on this? It's almost like Pumping Iron for the athletically inclined...

Any new word on this? It's almost like Pumping Iron for the athletically inclined...

He sent out an e-mail the other day saying it will be available on DVD soon.

I think Joe is a great coach and would be more than willing to help support him.

Not to mention the movie looks badass aswell.

joe has a badass interview on elitefts.com if anyones interested.

Here's the site it will be available for purchase on Strong Movie and also the update he posted:

The wait is almost over…I promise!

I want to apologize to everyone for opening my BIGGG mouth too early regarding this film. I obviously have NO CLUE what it takes to make a movie. I thought that once they finished filming, we would have ourselves a movie within a couple weeks. Unfortunately, it’s NOT that easy! The editing, color correction, sound correction, music, re-shooting, etc., takes months to complete. And although this documentary was originally going to be about a “summer” at DeFranco’s, the production company decided to keep coming back throughout the year and they really captured the “full experience” of the gym. In other words, the extra time that was spent filming and editing made the movie MUCH better and it’s going to be well worth the wait…TRUST ME!

I’m very comfortable saying that this movie just may be the best sports-related movie you’ve ever seen. It’s Pumping Iron and “real life” Rocky all rolled into one. This will be THE movie that athletes watch before games, competitions or workouts in order to get pumped-up and inspired!

The movie will be available on DVD in a few short weeks at Strong Movie.

I will obviously make an announcement on this site the second the DVD is available!

Thanks for your patience!
Joe D.

If that doesn't motivate you, then nothing will...at least the first two vids

This video will probably be amazing. I'll watch it, be pissed off that I can't train there, then go to Bally's Total Fitness and put a large caliber bullet through my skull. Awesome.

Must be more up north from where I am.

This video will probably be amazing. I'll watch it, be pissed off that I can't train there, then go to Bally's Total Fitness and put a large caliber bullet through my skull. Awesome.

Just don't do it in the squat rack. I can see the post in the 'idiots in the gym thread'... "So I walk in my gym to do my 5x5 and some metro is dead in the squat rack. He coulda done that ANYWHERE, but that's the only place I can squat!"

Stand in the shirley machine when you take the plunge.

lol down snitz... was his question really that big of a problem? At least he isn't asking what BW exercise will make him the most jakt

Back