Strickland: I’m probably the last person UFC would want as champion

Im on my laptop now. The difference between him and a cold blooded killer is he would've done it! He wouldn't need to go to a talk shit to talk about how psycho he is. We would know. He would killed that man. He is talking shit. We all have that freind. Stop defending him. fuck!
Dude, watch the first 3 minutes of Strickland's post fight presser. He's just a working class guy from the east coast, seems like, and he's clearly not a sociopath. Plenty of people talk shit. I've heard dozens of Soldiers who talk about killing that way, and 95% of them mean nothing by it. It's just banter, and if you can't tell the difference between that and actual threats, that sucks for you. Might as well just change your name to Karen and be done with it.

I hate that you went through that and would never wish that upon anyone. You being overseas should understand the gravity of taking another mans life. I by no means was bragging about "death" I am a retired Fireman and seen my fair share of shit. I delt with fixing. lets agree to disagree and enjoy MMA. Fuck anyone that gets enjoyment outta killing someone in a fight though.
I do understand the gravity of taking another mans life. But I also know the difference between truly violent intent and hyperbole. And if we yell that the sky is falling over every little thing, it causes actual threats to fall thru the cracks.

And cool, let's enjoy MMA together, I can get with that. But I want to live in a world where people don't casually accuse people of things like psychopathy, sexual assault, and racism. It just lends cover to actual perpetrators of bad behavior. All this over conversation has these topics eating themselves from both ends, and the result will be civil unrest. In fact, it's already happening. We have confused children eating up all this type of talk and a school gets lit up every month.

Dude, watch the first 3 minutes of Strickland's post fight presser. He's just a working class guy from the east coast, seems like, and he's clearly not a sociopath. Plenty of people talk shit. I've heard dozens of Soldiers who talk about killing that way, and 95% of them mean nothing by it. It's just banter, and if you can't tell the difference between that and actual threats, that sucks for you. Might as well just change your name to Karen and be done with it.
Can we agree its different saying" I am going to kill him and enjoy it and the had a gun to his head" as a little bit weird? he's not stable. I live very close to Eglin and know many guys in the 7TH. The real killers and guys you need to watch out for is the that are quite. the guys that don't try to act mentally unstable, you just know they are. He's selling bullshit.BTW... he may be a working class guy. most of are not here to see someone murdered for fun. Yes we know what could happen but still....

Can we agree its different saying" I am going to kill him and enjoy it and the had a gun to his head" as a little bit weird? he's not stable. I live very close to Eglin and know many guys in the 7TH. The real killers and guys you need to watch out for is the that are quite. the guys that don't try to act mentally unstable, you just know they are. He's selling bullshit.BTW... he may be a working class guy. most of are not here to see someone murdered for fun. Yes we know what could happen but still....
It's just trash talk, my man. It's akin to saying "I'll kill any motherfucker that tries to date my sister".

I do understand the gravity of taking another mans life. But I also know the difference between truly violent intent and hyperbole. And if we yell that the sky is falling over every little thing, it causes actual threats to fall thru the cracks.

And cool, let's enjoy MMA together, I can get with that. But I want to live in a world where people don't casually accuse people of things like psychopathy, sexual assault, and racism. It just lends cover to actual perpetrators of bad behavior. All this over conversation has these topics eating themselves from both ends, and the result will be civil unrest. In fact, it's already happening. We have confused children eating up all this type of talk and a school gets lit up every month.
1 more thing. HE keeps talking about killing people and enjoying it. Not us!! All is cool Sherbro

1 more thing. HE keeps talking about killing people and enjoying it. Not us!! All is cool Sherbro
He has no idea what killing someone entails. He's just some guy popping off, and it means very little.

He has no idea what killing someone entails. He's just some guy popping off, and it means very little.
I don't either and hope to never know. Either way its not good for the sport. I'd rather have my kids look up to Anderson, Machida, GSP, Fedor..... I don't know.. What rubs me wrong the most is HE HAD the chance to do it but didn't because of " witnesses" ( bullshit and you cant disagree) He's full of it and giving the wrong impression. We are both adults and blow it off as nonsense. Who else is listening that thinks its cool?

There’s nothing more satisfying than seeing guys like this get KOed.

He won't beat whittaker. He definitely won't beat izzy.

I don't either and hope to never know. Either way its not good for the sport. I'd rather have my kids look up to Anderson, Machida, GSP, Fedor..... I don't know.. What rubs me wrong the most is HE HAD the chance to do it but didn't because of " witnesses" ( bullshit and you cant disagree) He's full of it and giving the wrong impression. We are both adults and blow it off as nonsense. Who else is listening that thinks its cool?
Let's just put it this way...Conor throwing a dolly at a bus is way more dangerous than some young guy riffing about how he likes fuck up opponents. I'd be less worried about talkers and more worried about fools who do stuff like hit and runs, pick fights, and destroy property. I do see where you're coming from, but I just don't lend as much importance to these types of off the cuff statements. Talking theoretically about violence is something that many people do on a daily basis. You hear fighters do it all the time, hell, most of us know people in our lives who have said off color shit. I do realize that terrible things happen and some people are fucked up, but let's not malign people over hypotheticals.

I don't talk that way, and don't endorse other people talking that way either. But publicly maligning a person just for talking hard...nah. That's no good.

Let's just put it this way...Conor throwing a dolly at a bus is way more dangerous than some young guy riffing about how he likes fuck up opponents. I'd be less worried about talkers and more worried about fools who do stuff like hit and runs, pick fights, and destroy property. I do see where you're coming from, but I just don't lend as much importance to these types of off the cuff statements. Talking theoretically about violence is something that many people do on a daily basis. You hear fighters do it all the time, hell, most of us know people in our lives who have said off color shit. I do realize that terrible things happen and some people are fucked up, but let's not malign people over hypotheticals.

I don't talk that way, and don't endorse other people talking that way either. But publicly maligning a person just for talking hard...nah. That's no good.
Fair enough and Conor lost me as a fan long ago. but lets be honest, when you start doubting and quoting talkers. some may prove you wrong.. People are fucked up today. Im by no means a snowflake or someone that doesn't care... Lets be honest, if he wanted blood on his hands he "could've" This isn't about him him. Its about this kids under you training or that person you could make a difference in and here steps this idiot who has a voice and a platform.

Fair enough and Conor lost me as a fan long ago. but lets be honest, when you start doubting and quoting talkers. some may prove you wrong.. People are fucked up today. Im by no means a snowflake or someone that doesn't care... Lets be honest, if he wanted blood on his hands he "could've" This isn't about him him. Its about this kids under you training or that person you could make a difference in and here steps this idiot who has a voice and a platform.
It is true that he's setting a poor example. I can't disagree with that. But I definitely don't think it would inspire anyone who isn't already messed up to kill anyone. And people ARE fucked up today, but I think the way to combat it is more about teaching people to understand complexity and also not jumping quickly to conclusions. And the ABSOLUTELY WRONG way to handle it is to forbid speech and publicly shame people. And I see far too much of that these days. (not saying that's you).

he's out there, for sure. and it's not like with some other guys, the shit looks real with him. i don't think he's faking.

It's always funny to see wannabes trying to get themselves over without a clue how to do it.

It’s not a bad persona to take on to bring some attention to himself. Honestly he’s a really smart technical fighter who has the ability to be at the top of the division for a bit, but his style isn’t appealing to most mainstream fans. Talking trash will draw eyes on him, and that’s how you make money in this sport.

It is true that he's setting a poor example. I can't disagree with that. But I definitely don't think it would inspire anyone who isn't already messed up to kill anyone. And people ARE fucked up today, but I think the way to combat it is more about teaching people to understand complexity and also not jumping quickly to conclusions. And the ABSOLUTELY WRONG way to handle it is to forbid speech and publicly shame people. And I see far too much of that these days. (not saying that's you).
It may not inspire
It May not inspire, but it doesn’t help to have someone in the spotlight saying they’d enjoy it. Fuck my best friend rolled with me and would not accept defeat even knowing I’d tap him quick. He just had that mentality until he got kicked outta the gym. He wasn’t there to learn. He was there to win and hurt people.
Fuck no. Wether we want to hear it or not Freedom of speech Is a right and he can say what he wants. I’ll never want him condemned for what he said. As an adult and knowing he could be a role model to some kid though…Wether we as adults want to believe it or not we have some looking up to us. I also believe it starts at the home with the mom and dad. That’s a different topic though. I guess all I’m saying is he has a platform and should be very careful now. I’m trying to keep this non political

Back